Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 02:14 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I wouldn't scrap her, either, if she was doing a good job for me. More employers should take a leaf from the NAACP book.

To me, the real issue here is NOT her self-identification or her employment. It's hate crime hoaxing, which is no laughing matter. She's very lucky she doesn't live in the UK, because her unfounded accusations would earn her a day in court, at the very least, and possibly a prison sentence. Stirring racial animus is a crime in England and people are so scared of being accused of it that sex trafficking in underage white British girls by Pakistani immigrants went on suppressed and unchecked for years.

Hate crime hoaxing is despicable, as it can result in rage, riots, damage to life and property, even death, not to mention increasing racial animus.
I disagree with the first highlighted part because honesty/integrity are important virtues to possess, and employers value them. Who is to say she couldn't turn against them/her employers, maybe even embezzle funds. The point is that if you have owned/run a business, you value positive character traits well beyond someone just doing a good job presently. Heck look at the scrutiny and embarrassment it has caused them this time alone.

As to your send point, you are on the money. I'd also add that another problem with fake/hoaxing reports is that with enough of them, it diminishes the magnitude of the real ones. Many will now start with a presumption that claims are false or embellished even if they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 02:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Rachel was able to pass as a fair skinned blue eyed woman, because all too often blacks accept anything and everything.
There are many blacks who look like that though.

I have cousins with curly blonde hair, green eyes and very fair skin. I guess if they had wanted to (especially the older generation), they could have moved away, passed as white or whatever other culture they wanted and no one would have been the wiser.

They could have played the "orphan" role to the hilt.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore Marciano View Post
Rachel probably thought she could get away with being Black in America when she sees people like Benjamin Jealous and Mariah Carey self identifying themselves as Black.
Mariah's father IS black with photos to prove it. Also, she had no other choice but to be classified as black, because there is no way the hospital would have checked anything else after seeing her FATHER. The same with Ben Jealous. You can look at him and clearly see he's of mixed ancestry.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:43 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Up until the 1960s, the WASP power structure made it perfectly clear that "one-drop" of black blood made you black no matter how "aryan" you might look to keep the superiority thing going.

Just cause it was struck down legally in the 60s doesn't mean that generations upon generations of americans STILL don't believe it to be true.

Many of those same whites born before 1975 who find out through genetic testing of their AA ancestry will keep that info to themselves until death. They will say they are mixed with native american to throw off the exoticness of certain features.

Blacks will accept a 2% person with AA ancestry as "black", because the one-drop rule conditioning was BRUTALLY enforced where they had no choice, but to accept it.

It will change with this last generation and the ones coming up in the future, because the old guard who enforced these ridiculous racial social constructs will be dead and gone by then.
Her parents come from European stock. Per her parents, there's no African ancestry in the family ... no 2% African American anywhere.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:44 PM

93 posts, read 90,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
They each actually do have a black parent.
I am talking about appearance, Mariah Carey and Benjamin Jealous do not look predominantly Black in appearance. It makes it easier for people like Rachel Dolezal to pass as African American when a person does not even have to look predominantly Black in appearance to be racially accepted by the African American community. A person does not have to look like Kevin Durant and Serena Williams. Rachel Dolezal would have never tried to pass for Black if she lived in Sub Saharan Africa or Latin America where the definition of Black is not as broad. She would be laughed out of the building if she tried to pass as Black in those places even with her fake curly hair and fake tan.

Last edited by Salvatore Marciano; 06-13-2015 at 03:05 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Both, Ben Jealous and Mariah Cary are mixed. They however choose to identify as black, instead of as mixed race.
They actually didn't have a choice in the matter as both of them were born near the end of the one-drop rule laws that were still being enforced all the way up to the 80s and probably still TODAY, especially in predominantly white towns.

I know of a white couple that believed they were adopting a white/native american baby, because the white mother told them the father was native american. Well, as the child got older and her hair started to resemble afro-textured hair, they realized the mom lied, but the adopted mother said she didn't have to, because they would have adopted her regardless.

Mariah has always accepted both cultures. She never denies one to accept the other. I don't know too much about Ben's story. Halle Berry's mom told her that she needed to call herself whatever she was seeing in the MIRROR, because that's how the rest of the world saw her. It made life so much easier and Halle's mom looks straight scandinavian.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Her parents come from European stock. Per her parents, there's no African ancestry in the family ... no 2% African American anywhere.
The parents also said they have "native american" ancestry as well.

Where did it come from, if they're straight off the Ellis Island boat thing?

Old 06-13-2015, 02:49 PM

758 posts, read 1,227,453 times
This woman has mental issues and/or is running some kind of hustle...she is exploiting the insanity of the American racial con known as the "one-drop rule"....This is a white woman or mostly white woman on a black fantasy trip...

I can see her in Lagos, Nigeria calling herself black...LOL

Old 06-13-2015, 02:52 PM

258 posts, read 157,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

I know of a white couple that believed they were adopting a white/native american baby, because the white mother told them the father was native american. Well, as the child got older and her hair started to resemble afro-textured hair, they realized the mom lied, but the adopted mother said she didn't have to, because they would have adopted her regardless.

lol. That's a funny story, no doubt it happens pretty commonly.

It's like the way that dog adoption services tend to spruce up their definitions of a puppy.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Part of the reason that this stuff happens, and will continue to happen, is because it is acceptable to mock and disparage "white culture" in America as being lame, stupid, shallow, or just plain nonexistent, all of which are quite offensive. White people who gravitate towards this more radicalized contemporary social justice movement are looking at a situation where they are told that they don't have any culture,

They need to blame their PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS for the blandness of their "culture".

I have noticed that whites of southern european extractions still tend to hold onto traditions their great grands brought with them many years ago, especially when it comes to food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events