Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I can't imagine why someone would misrepresent themselves this way. My guess is maybe she felt that the black community had a stronger sense of identity and... I don't know... "sisterhood" than say, white people. Maybe she admires black people more than her own race. Not anything wrong with that, but the way she went about it is dishonest. Maybe she thought she wouldn't be accepted into a culture she admired if she was anything but what she claimed to be. Who knows.
The fault for this lies with the parents. She was a white girl being raised with black siblings. Of course her mind became confused. And they have white parents adopting black children take classes on preserving black culture with the children. So, this woman was raised in an atmosphere where she was immersed within the black culture instead of a white culture. She was deprived of her own culture and had the black culture taught to her instead. This is totally the fault of those who raised her. It is hard to completely overcome ones childhood upbringings.

According to the video with this updated article, the parents indicated she even identified as black even as a small child. Of course since she's raised with all black siblings. She wasn't raised in a normal fashion that would allow her to learn her real identity.

Spokane NAACP head under pressure over racial-identity flap - AOL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I posed this on the politics forum: why can't she identify as black and trans race? Does a trans man need to tell everyone his "real" sex? Maybe she felt more black than white.
But that is not what she did. She never said she was White and identifies as Black.
She deceived people into believing she was Black by birth and parentage.
She colored her skin and frizzed her hair.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
CNN Reports....

Rachel Dolezal -- the president of the NAACP Spokane, Washington, chapter -- has resigned, according to a letter from her that was posted on the chapter's Facebook page.

Called It. (June 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
NAACP = National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Apparently they don't care much for the advancement of people "colored" like this woman.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
On a positive note, she will make a great case study for psychology students for the next few years.
Absolutely. I'm sure there many Rachel Dolezals out there. What would you expect from our Leftist inspired College system.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:26 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
CNN Reports....

Rachel Dolezal -- the president of the NAACP Spokane, Washington, chapter -- has resigned, according to a letter from her that was posted on the chapter's Facebook page.

Letter: Rachel Dolezal resigns as NAACP president - CNN.com
Bye Felicia!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The fault for this lies with the parents. She was a white girl being raised with black siblings. Of course her mind became confused. And they have white parents adopting black children take classes on preserving black culture with the children. So, this woman was raised in an atmosphere where she was immersed within the black culture instead of a white culture. She was deprived of her own culture and had the black culture taught to her instead. This is totally the fault of those who raised her. It is hard to completely overcome ones childhood upbringings.

According to the video with this updated article, the parents indicated she even identified as black even as a small child. Of course since she's raised with all black siblings. She wasn't raised in a normal fashion that would allow her to learn her real identity.

Spokane NAACP head under pressure over racial-identity flap - AOL.com
She was nearly grown when her parents adopted four black kids. And I watched the video and the parents said NOTHING about her "identifying as black even as a young child." Why would you claim that they said that on that video? If they did say it, please provide a link that shows this because the one you linked doesn't show them saying that at all.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:31 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You and I can argue all day long about what Baby Boomers' experiences were because you are an early BBer and I'm a late BBer. Plus you're a man and I'm a woman, and you're African American and I'm white. So of course our experiences differ. But my experiences weren't WEIRD and I grew up around lots of people who had the same experiences and felt the same way that I did, and I'm sure you can say the same.

By the time I was in grade school (integrated completely) kids were being taught in no uncertain terms that racism was morally reprehensible and that the Civil Rights movement was a great step in the right direction for our country. I didn't attend military schools - I attended regular old public schools in VA, NC, and GA.

In music class, we sang many songs made famous during the Civil Rights movement - many protest songs, folk songs, etc. I remember this very clearly.

Three Dog Night's song Black and White was a huge hit and I remember singing that in school as well, surrounded by a very diverse group of students.

Heck, my high school was 55 percent AA - I think it still is. This was in rural GA. And we all got along well together. I don't recall a single incident of racial tension at that school. In fact, the only racial issue I recall in school at all was in junior high school, when there was a group of AA girls who sort of terrorized anyone who wasn't in their group. But that's pretty typical bad behavior of junior high girls in general. I recall them calling me racist names - but they called everyone names, so there you have it. I am pretty sure they outgrew that bad behavior - I hope so.
And that's why I say "Baby Boom Generation" should be cut off at 1959 or should only include "people who don't remember the Korean War but do remember the JFK assassination."

Those born as late as 1964 or 1965 entered a very, very different social climate (not just different as regards to race) from those born from 1946 to 1959.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:32 AM

733 posts, read 852,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynyvyr View Post
I say arrest her for fraud.
Think about it...she went to college with grants and loans designated by Affirmative Action for a minority student. She went to Howard, which is a traditional Black university, but she lied about her race to get in.
She lied on all her job applications....and I am sure the university where she works goes by affirmative action guidelines, so she probably got a boost there.
Somewhere out there is a minority student that didn't into Howard....because of her.
Somewhere out there is a minority student that didn't get a grant or a loan...because of her.
Some other professor should have her job. Some other civil activist should be the head of the NAACP, Spokane office.
The only good thing abut her , besides causing liberals heads to implode ....she and girls from the Jersey shore are keeping the bronzer people in business!

She unsuccessfully sued Howard University for discrimination because of her race.

I'm wondering if she also tried to milk her (alleged) cancer diagnosis?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,992,198 times
What was the name of the 80's 90's [???] movie where a white HS student turned "black" to get into college and to get scholarships?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 AM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
According to the news reports, her parent's adopted three black children. Two were placed in group homes because they wouldn't adhere to the strict religious household rules. The remaining child begged the court to be placed under Rachel's care. In the court papers it states that he enjoyed visiting Rachel and her husband's home because her household was filled with African art and black culture. Apparently, he felt isolated living in a white household and white community. He wanted to embrace being a black boy and felt that Racial provided a positive afro-centric home environment. The court awarded Rachel full custody of her adopted brother.

He has cut all ties w/ Rachel's parents. He and Rachel's immediate family and friends are close. She now views him as her son.
Sounds like the whole family is mixed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events