Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 09:23 AM

13,408 posts, read 9,940,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sounds to me like the NAACP is losing a valuable leader who has done a great deal of work for the organization because of complaints of "some". This reminds me of someone who proves a knife is sharp by slitting their own wrists. NAACP still supports this lady.

Well so be it. She's gone, people don't have to worry about her now.
Careful, don't drown in that river of crocodile tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 09:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
You cared enough to respond to it. If I post fact to backup what I've said, I'd hope that you would at least consider these facts.
I barely cared enough to respond to it the first time, and the only reason I'm responding to this one is because I have lots of time to waste today.

You posted an interview with Rachel D. So what? We've all heard her excuses, her justifications. None of that matters to me. What matters to me is that she lied about all sorts of other things in her life - and these facts are there for all to see.

1. She didn't grow up in South Africa living in a teepee and being beaten with baboon whips, whatever that is. Nor was she abused because of the color of her skin when she was growing up.

2. Her father isn't African American.

3. Her "son" is her adopted brother.

4. She has never been able to prove that a single hate crime was perpetrated toward or against her, in spite of numerous allegations and police reports, all of which have been dismissed.

5. She has plagiarized art and claimed it as her own original creation.

6. She has allowed herself to be represented as a "professor," when in reality she is a part time teacher.

You know all this - I'm just playing your little game with you because I've got some time to spare. You know the woman is a rank liar and that she has misrepresented herself, her childhood, her upbringing, and her family for years.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:24 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Rubbish.Integrity matters when you handle other people's money. Period. Good lawd.
Yet, NAACP has not made any claims about her integrity. In fact hey continue to support her, so this point is proved wrong. They would be the ones to know, it's their money.
Quote:
Careful, don't drown in that river of crocodile tears.
How does such a post reflect on one's personal integrity?

Quote:
And whether you think the lie is moral or immoral completely depends on your personal POV.
Yes indeed. I agree with you 100% on this. Personal POV is just that, personal.

Ms Dolezal has clearly stated that she didn't think she was lying. This is absolutely based on her stated POV. Yet you deny her this right after you just stated that everyone is entitled to it.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't tell lies. Unless she lied to doners about how their money would be used by the NAACP, what she says to her employer is irrelevant. There is absolutely no evidence that she did this.

In regard on whether she actually lied, I say she didn't. It's not possible to tell a lie about your racial lineage in the USA. You are completely free to claim whatever race that you want.
Then you accept her lies and deceit. You even accept that she found a Black man to pose as her father and even introduced him as her father ?
She adopted her Black brother and said he was her son.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:25 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
She stepped down from a job she enjoyed and was good at.

And I still see the media bashing her. Dear god, can we leave this woman alone already? The media are bloodthirsty as hell.

She deserves all of it. I'm going to go out on a limb that someone who is going to make up a whole fantasy backstory for herself wouldn't be the least likeliest person to make fraudulent allegations either.

This woman had a habit of reporting racially motivated hate crimes everywhere she went, that is something that certainly should be looked into.

Quote:
That story was broken by veteran reporter Jeff Selle at the Coeur d'Alene Press, where his editors were worried that a rash of hate crimes Dolezal was reporting in Coeur d'Alene might not be legitimate. When Dolezal told police the same type of racial harassment was happening after she moved to Spokane, KXLY and the Coeur d'Alene Press decided to take a closer look.
“I got all of the police reports she had filed in Coeur d'Alene, found out none of them were actually resolved and a lot of them were pretty curious,” Selle said.
How the Coeur d'Alene Press broke the Dolezal story | North Idaho - KXLY.com

Her allegations could have done some serious harm to people's livelihoods, you don't just get to apologize and move on. This was not one or two lies that this woman made, her entire life was one giant lie. She made compulsive liars look like lightweights.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yet, NAACP has not made any claims about her integrity. In fact hey continue to support her, so this point is proved wrong. They would be the ones to know, it's their money.

Ms Dolezal has clearly stated that she didn't think she was lying. This is absolutely based on her stated POV. Yet you deny her this right after you just stated that everyone is entitled to it.
Yet when she sued she became "White" for that occasion.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
She deserves all of it. I'm going to go out on a limb that someone who is going to make up a whole fantasy backstory for herself wouldn't be the least likeliest person to make fraudulent allegations either.

This woman had a habit of reporting racially motivated hate crimes everywhere she went, that is something that certainly should be looked into.

How the Coeur d'Alene Press broke the Dolezal story | North Idaho - KXLY.com

Her allegations could have done some serious harm to people's livelihoods, you don't just get to apologize and move on. This was not one or two lies that this woman made, her entire life was one giant lie. She made compulsive liars look like lightweights.
They actually did. She refused some speakers at that college because they were "White" and couldn't identify with the plight of Blacks. Those speakers lost money.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:30 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then you accept her lies and deceit. You even accept that she found a Black man to pose as her father and even introduced him as her father ? She adopted her Black brother and said he was her son.
Do you ask the NAACP these questions too? They continue to stand by this lady. It is they after all most affected by her actions.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 AM

13,408 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:

Your interpretation of clearly stated and mine are universes apart.

I don't deny her the "right" to lie (there's no such thing), it's not possible and there's no use.

Would I give her a job? Not bloody likely.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Do you ask the NAACP these questions too? They continue to stand by this lady. It is they after all most affected by her actions.
If they really did she wouldn't have resigned.

No different than other public figures that resigned under pressure.
Their bosses lauded them too for the great job they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events