Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:41 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,794 times

Advertisements

Autopsy of Freddie Gray shows 'high-energy' blow - Baltimore Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 AM

733 posts, read 852,976 times
I do not see in the autopsy any information about the way his head and neck were dropped over to the side and why his legs were not working right, before the police van ride. I think they hurt him in numerous evil ways even prior to the van ride. He was treated with terrible violence.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
I do not see in the autopsy any information about the way his head and neck were dropped over to the side and why his legs were not working right, before the police van ride. I think they hurt him in numerous evil ways even prior to the van ride. He was treated with terrible violence.
Then you need to go burn down the neighborhood that Freddie lived in to protest those evil police especially since you know a lot more than the people involved and who investigated it knew.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
I read an article yesterday that said experts say he was bearing weight and speaking before being loaded in the van. I also read that opiates were found in his system which may have hindered the way he was walking.

Since the van and its occupants are ultimately the responsibility of the driver of the van, he, Caesar Goodson, should be the one who is held responsible.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I read an article yesterday that said experts say he was bearing weight and speaking before being loaded in the van. I also read that opiates were found in his system which may have hindered the way he was walking.

Since the van and its occupants are ultimately the responsibility of the driver of the van, he, Caesar Goodson, should be the one who is held responsible.
I believe all of the officers who were involved should be held responsible. Had Mr Grey been strapped in correctly the drivers stops would not have caused the injuries that occurred. That is what the autopsy shows. That would be like your wife not strapping your child in and then blaming you for her death or injury because you made a hard stop.

The bold part confuses me. I cannot understand how some can blame Mr Grey for his own death because he was running from the police, while others claim opiates may have hindered his walking.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Reportedly, it's common for prisoners to " go limp" when arrested.

The tapes I saw showed him using his legs to climb into the van.

Common for " eye- witness" reports to be contradicted by facts.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reportedly, it's common for prisoners to " go limp" when arrested.

Common for " eye- witness" reports to be contradicted by facts
Very true, sadly we have a long history of putting people in prison for decades based solely off of eye witness reports. I remember hearing about a case where officers put a man in the same type of shirt that a woman's rapist was wearing the night she was raped and then had her identify him. He spent years in prison and wasn't even released after another man who looked like him and had been convicted of rape confessed. Even the prosecutor changed there mind and pleaded for his release to no avail. He was even slated to be held in prison after serving his time because he refused admit to a crime he didn't do. It finally took a governor's pardon to get him out. All of that based solely off of witness testimony.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Then you need to go burn down the neighborhood that Freddie lived in to protest those evil police especially since you know a lot more than the people involved and who investigated it knew.
Former Baltimore police officer takes to twitter with some of the abuses he has seen on the job.

A Former Baltimore Cop Just Tweeted All the Horrible **** He Saw on the Job | VICE | United States

Old 06-24-2015, 03:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Common for " eye- witness" reports to be contradicted by facts.

I changed the order of your comments around for comedic effect...Thank You!

Old 06-24-2015, 05:57 PM

What happened to all the members who were running around swearing the autopsy was being held back because it showed there was no case to be made against the officers. No one is even going to try to use the opiates in his system to claim that he deserved to die. You know you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events