Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 05:45 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Here's the facebook page from mediatakeout

https://www.facebook.com/mediatakeou...1486218883325/

Some people are confusing this fight with an older one where a child was injured. In this case, we don't know where the people are and there are only a few leads. The one screenshot I posted is one lead.
Reading the comments at that link just confirm my belief that there are more good people that care than ones like that female bully. Most people are disgusted by her behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
What's so absurd about this is if it were a white person doing this they'd be charged with a hate crime and the ACLU and NAACP would be all over this, but since it was a black girl doing it to a white girl it's okay. Oh sure she did get arrested but she won't be charged to the same extent.
sad but true.
heck, on this forum, even daring to notice that this event happened evokes non-stop shrieks of 'racism!!' and 'stormfront!!' from the usual suspects.

it is quite odd.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
I can go both ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8KUlmyGrA

Old 06-25-2015, 08:51 PM

24 posts, read 30,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
why didn't the woman holding the child, who could probably see the situation escalating, pass the child to the other woman? it's not right that she was attacked, but why was she hiding behind her child? as a mother, i would have gotten my child out of harms way first and foremost.
I think that it's ludicrous to question the actions of the victim instead of the actions of the savage who attacked her.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 PM

154 posts, read 120,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I used to think the white trash I grew up around was bad...

They're starting to seem tame.
Not as violent.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:28 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
What can go "both ways" - you're video simply shows a girl going up and punching someone. It's not really uncommon for people to fight. It IS uncommon for someone to attack a woman holding her child.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What part of Florida did you go do? What part of New Jersey are you from?

For what it's worth, I'm a Black male, late 20s. When I was in the 6th grade, I moved from an area, where both Blacks and Whites got along well, to a place that was like a throwback to the old days. Confederate flags flying in some places. My parents didn't know the area was like that.

I got bullied alot, mainly by White boys. It was either the skateboarder types or redneck types doing this. I also got subjected to some racial intimidation. Interestingly, as I got older, the Black population got larger in that area.

My little sister(we're 4 3/4 years apart), however, got alot of flak from Black girls. She got teased and berated for "acting White".

I wasn't "shy" so much as I was a nerdy kid. I read books. I was shorter and skinnier than the other kids. Alot of those kids were cowards when I look back on it. They went after kids who they perceived were targets. Were there racial tensions? Most likely. However, I noticed that many of those kids would not try anything with the Blacks who appeared "rough" or "aggresive" or who had some size on them. I was slight-statured and bookish, not to mention, I was socially awkward. I was considered an easier target.

It is similar to what happened to my sister. She was the meek kid. She wasn't loud or aggressive. She, a Black girl, caught far more flak from other Black girls than anyone else. I caught alot of flak from the "redneck" types and Whites where were of the "trashy" type. Later on I started getting problems from Black kids for not being "Black enough".
Sorry that happened to you guys!

I grew up in Clifton NJ which had a nickname of lily-white Clifton even though it wasn't. There were many black families who had lived there for generations. Of course they were still the minority.Many nationalities there. Lots of Dutch and Central European, then people from Ukraine and those areas came in and also Italians.Apparently a lot of folks from India , Bangladesh and those areas have settled there now.

My black friends from up there had parents who were teachers, doctors what have you. There were a couple of shoddy areas but those places had whites and blacks (I'm not talking about Passaic and Paterson-do you know the Hurricane Carter story?) Clifton was different. Kinda sheltered.
We moved to Deerfield Beach Floida in 74. When you think about it that's not so long after desegregation.I don't know how it is there now but there were lots of trashy white and black folks there then.
I wasn't used to seeing entire sections of town with just black people, and they were either poor or unable/unwilling to go into better neighborhoods. Many blacks wouldn't move out even if they could afford to.

I understood why they might get angry at a white person from NJ so . Aside from being shy, I was perhaps too understanding.We moved to Delray in 77. There was still racism from both sides but nothing like Deerfield. Delray was still agricultural and a real ghost town then.Deerfield was much more of a city. Anyway, it was a pretty corrupt place. But the black people there were so proud of their history in the town and most were very interesting charming people. It was odd because in many ways Delray was like a time warp back to the 50s. The "black" high school had its last graduating class a few years before. I don't remember the whole history but coming from NJ it was a shock.
The mobs of people with kids from the northeast hadn't really started invading Florida yet so I guess there was still that good ole boy old South mentality.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-25-2015 at 09:43 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, if you feel all Black people are like that, well, not much I can do. All I can do as a Black man is work, pay my taxes, and take personal responsibility for ME.

It is quite sad to think in such a way. So some Blacks act unruly, the whole race is like that?

There are 40 million Blacks in the USA. Are you sure that at least 20 million behave like that?
FWIW, I treat people as individuals. I simply avoid places that draw large numbers of blacks. It's about freedom of choice - my own personal comfort level and self-preservation.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:34 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Really? No, the mother shouldnt be charged as she did nothing wrong.. should she had walked away or tried to leave peacefully, sure but no way she should be charged for sitting holding her child and expecting not to be beaten!
The thing is...what happens if she tries to walk away? Does one of the black girls try to grab her baby while the other unleashes a beating? How do we know she wasn't too scared to try walking away? The black girl could take walking away as an insult and give her an even more severe beating. There was really no way for her to win. Her best option was to sit there and hope they calmed down or someone stepped in to help her.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am a black guy and strongly believe hood rat blacks out number civilized blacks. It's sad but true because I just don't see a lot of civilized blacks on my way home or to work. Just for fun I will count the number of civilized blacks on my way home from work and see what number I come up with.
Thank you for being honest. I owe you a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events