Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 12:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
No, that picture led to his judgement being questioned and his ability to interact with, and be trusted by, parts of the community he is paid to serve being questioned.
Thank you.

I also repped you too.

His stupidity posting that nonsense at HIS AGE (he didn't grow up on social media) shows he's too much of an idiot to wear the badge. Who knows what types of things he's done to minorities over the years that weren't reported?

Maybe he has some excessive force accusations in his file that were dismissed through "lack of evidence".

He's a detriment to the department. Good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 12:04 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Default How far will these anti History people go?

Hearing the latest news and reading posts here it seems really ridiculous how one racist idiot killer seen with a Confederate flag can start such a domino affect to rid the country of anything associated with the flag and now the civil war.
Here are a few posts on city data now.
Civil War monuments have been vandalized.
There is talk of removing/ relocating statues of civil war characters.
A S.C. cop was fired for wearing confederate flag underwear due to it undermining the public trust?
Anything produced by the toy company that makes Dukes of Hazard toys from the TV show will no longer have the confederate flag on it. I suppose the name of the orange Charger car "The General Lee" will be stricken next.

What is going to happen when the Civil War reenactments happen this Summer? Will the grey coats turn their coats to blue since the confederate guys could actually be in fear of their lives? Imagine a group of protestors showing up and interupting the battle! It could get real ugly quick.

In the midst of all this PC nonsense I wouldn't doubt if reenactments were cancelled due to public safety.

All this nonsense over a historical flag?
Personally I fear the black flag of isis over the confederate one.

How far will this PC flag fearing, lets rewrite the history books (as if any of these clowns read them anyways) crowd go?

Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the "leftist thought police" I'm a 'leftist' and would love to know how to join the thought police! Do they recruit or is there somewhere that I can send my application.
Probably located at the same address where blacks are getting "special handouts and privileges".

I'd like to know where to apply for these as well. I mean, I've googled all over the internet for my "black privileges" pass and am unable to locate the source to file for mine.

Darn.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The type of people who will take unfair advantage of this incident don't care about his 20 years of experience, or his family, or his career, or anything except their own agenda.
Twenty years means he wasn't no "young buck" who just got the job.

As a GROWN MAN probably into his late 40s, he should have KNOWN the deal with posting something like that to social media. Like, where has he been all this time? Living under a rock??

In our current social climate, COMMON SENSE would have been to take it down, especially after reading about those cops from TWO WEEKS ago being fired for being part of the KKK or AB, whatever.

He should have spent more time on the treadmill and the weight room than social media.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Probably located at the same address where blacks are getting "special handouts and privileges".

I'd like to know where to apply for these as well. I mean, I've googled all over the internet for my "black privileges" pass and am unable to locate the source to file for mine.

Darn.
kinda makes you go hmmm doesn't it?

Old 06-26-2015, 12:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I smell a lawsuit coming. Wearing the state flag and being fired for it when a disproportionate number of people wearing the Rebel Flag are white is clearly a racially motivated firing....which is against the law in these United States.
No it isn't against the law to fire someone for what they do outside of work. This has been proven time and again through the courts.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The type of people who will take unfair advantage of this incident don't care about his 20 years of experience, or his family, or his career, or anything except their own agenda.
he has no common sense. I don't particularly trust cops who don't have common sense, so it's probably for the best that the community found out about him before he did something really really dumb.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:19 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He posted a photo of himself on Facebook wearing Confederate flag underwear.

His police chief said:
"On Tuesday ... the City learned that you posted on Facebook a photograph in which you were wearing only a pair of boxer shorts emblazoned with the image of the Confederate flag,” Driggers wrote. “Your posting in this manner led to you being publicly identified as a North Charleston Police officer and associated both you and the Department with an image that symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve."

His police chief also said this could compromise any criminal cases involving minorities because a defense attorney could use the photo call to into question his motivation in making an arrest.

North Charleston officer fired for posing in rebel flag underwear - Post and Courier
So did the cop insult the flag by wearing its depiction on his underwear?

If that style undies was a sexual preference his boss made a huge mistake.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the "leftist thought police" I'm a 'leftist' and would love to know how to join the thought police! Do they recruit or is there somewhere that I can send my application.
Get yourself on twitter and follow what's trending. They'll tell you what to do.

Just follow their orders.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Not as controversial as the rebel battle flag and it causes no one to get emotional nor does it elicit a power response.
I'd wager that most of the younger crowd wouldn't even know that was the Confederate flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events