Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,054,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My 3 cents (adjusted for inflation)

I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know if this issue has been addressed---

Young, white men in general tend to be from a higher socio-economic group, meaning they have access to health care, and insurance to pay for psychotropic drugs.

The trend for the past few decades has been to put young boys on such drugs whenever teachers, parents, etc, find this group to be difficult to manage. Of course, its the middle-class white boy who has the insurance to pay for such. These drugs actually create more problems than they solve.

My DS was on Seroquel for many years. It caused psychotic episodes, violent tendencies, and suicidal ideations. It became a viscous cycle. He would become violent, we had no choice but to call police, he would be hospitalized, then pumped full of more and more Seroquel, even beyond the drug manufacturer's stated limits, He would come home a zombie, barely able to stay awake. This was considered "success" by the psychiatric "industry" see, he's no longer violent

Well, his zombie state would last a few weeks, then, he would become violent again, starting the whole cycle over again He spent much of his high school years in and out of psychiatric institutions. We had to refuse to accept him back after he attacked me with a meat cleaver

Finally, we got him home----long story. He is now off the drugs. I can see where he would be capable of attacking others, if he went after me---I wasn't hurt,, DH intervened, but the potential was there.

IMO, if you dig deeper, you will find a statistically significant number of those "white boys" who committed mass killings, attacks, etc, were on some sort of psychotropic drug. Its the drugs that create the problem, but it will never be acknowledged. The drug industry is too powerful.....
These medications work very well for many people. I was on Zoloft for a few years when I was going through a very hard time. I was actively suicidal and that medication certainly helped me get through that dark time.

I'm off of it now, but I'm positive that I would have killed myself had I not had access to that medication.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:47 PM

23,934 posts, read 32,265,309 times

It has long been noted that "crimes of opportunity" and property crimes are committed more frequently by poorer people. It's not a statement - the crime addresses a need. Their is still a difference in wealth distribution among whites and blacks in the US.

People who are sociopath and generally unhappy, have more time to think about statement crimes. Crimes that will make them infamous. And will send a message to whom ever is their target.

Crimes committed by white people frequently have a bizarre religious or cult like over tone. They are more often rural or ex-urban.

Black crimes are more about money.

Gun culture is not as prominent in law abiding black families. Nor is hunting for sport.

Middle class whites are more apt to introduce their suns to hunting and the culture of guns, than are blacks.

Just my observations. No research involved.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:12 PM

482 posts, read 942,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Because more and more of them have been led to expect too much by the media, while growing up (or failing to do so) in single-parent, female-headed households; and because in "progressive" America, they've become sheltered from the responsibilities of young adulthood, and the burdens of adjusting to them, while the thugs and slackers are more adept at finding an easier way to get by, courtesy of Big Brother and Sister, who seem determined to turn us, into a nation of either wolves or sheep, without much in between.

Oh, so, white men who kill large amounts of people are not thugs???? How does that work?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:07 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,257,212 times
http://dropbox.curry.com/ShowNotesAr...udies-2013.pdf

Mass murder demographics from 1976 to 2011

Male: 506
Female: 22

White: 321 (62%)
Black: 171 (33%)
Other:26 (5%)

In another study it listed that many of those that were listed in this study as White were of Hispanic and Asian descent. In some cases the offender had a white mom or dad and the other parent was of another nationality. Realize that up until 1980 Latino people were considered Caucasian and even today many Mexican's list themselves in census records as being Caucasian.

Articles: Are Most Mass Murderers Really White?

White Men Don't Count | National Review Online

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...Bloomberg2.pdf

Old 06-28-2015, 05:05 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,282,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
Oh, so, white men who kill large amounts of people are not thugs???? How does that work?
I've met plenty of white thugs; if you automatically associate the word "thug" with African-Americans, then you are the one resorting to stereotypes, and probably because you have been brainwashed and swallowed the dogma spoon-fed to you by the so-called "progressives".

For the record, I first heard the word "thug" used in the current context via a Home Box Office series called "Thug Life In D.C." sometime back in the very late Nineties; the term wasn't used to polarize until the Lefties saw an opportunity some years later.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188235/

Old 06-28-2015, 05:14 PM

68 posts, read 56,663 times
White american males are conditioned into thinking they are just going to cruise into a million dollar job and be adored by women and have lots of friends simply because they exist. The most popular media representation of a white american male in TV or movies is a bumbling boob with no particular talents who has a smoking hot wife, nice house and easy lifestyle. A big fat UPS driver like on "King of Queens?" In reality that guy lives in a 2BR condo from the 1970s and his wife looks like Melissa McCarthy, not Leah Remini... and she left him for the FedEx guy anyway.

When they find out life doesn't work out that way, some dudes snap and turn into psycho killer types. I'd guess there is often some sort of humiliating sexual rejection involved. I can't imagine a guy getting laid regularly would go postal. This Dylan guy probably had a girl he had his eyes on get scooped up by a handsome black man.

Last edited by Saul Bunyan; 06-28-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 06:56 AM

564 posts, read 1,037,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
IMO, if you dig deeper, you will find a statistically significant number of those "white boys" who committed mass killings, attacks, etc, were on some sort of psychotropic drug. Its the drugs that create the problem, but it will never be acknowledged. The drug industry is too powerful.....
This. Most of these mass-shooters were (or are) on drugs for ADHD, anxiety, and depression. They are aberrations, to be sure, but the connection is worth pursuing.

But it won't be, because profits. And the state prefers its citizens "zombified". (And by that I mean a move towards disengaging citizens from the political process and distracting them with mass consumption, crippling debt, the inability to function without "medication", and an obsessive fascination with all things meaningless, like celebrity pop culture.)

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,176,290 times
prescription drugs/thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:28 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,466,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
http://dropbox.curry.com/ShowNotesAr...udies-2013.pdf

Mass murder demographics from 1976 to 2011

Male: 506
Female: 22

White: 321 (62%)
Black: 171 (33%)
Other:26 (5%)

In another study it listed that many of those that were listed in this study as White were of Hispanic and Asian descent. In some cases the offender had a white mom or dad and the other parent was of another nationality. Realize that up until 1980 Latino people were considered Caucasian and even today many Mexican's list themselves in census records as being Caucasian.

Articles: Are Most Mass Murderers Really White?

White Men Don't Count | National Review Online

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...Bloomberg2.pdf
So basically, matches the demographics of the US.

Carry on with the racial bias' everyone else. Be sure to forget:

The big question we should be asking is this:

Why do mass shootings almost universally occur on "Gun Free Zones" and why has there never been (that I can find) a reported incident of a mass shooting in the presence of an armed person. If we had a disease that came from <1% of the land area we would have cordoned it off and investigated. In these incidents we ignore it.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 AM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Why do mass shootings almost universally occur on "Gun Free Zones" and why has there never been (that I can find) a reported incident of a mass shooting in the presence of an armed person. If we had a disease that came from <1% of the land area we would have cordoned it off and investigated. In these incidents we ignore it.
The Gifford shooting incident did occur in the presence of armed citizens, and because of its location that would have been well known to the shooter. I believe there were people even open-carrying on the scene.

That was true as well in the Aurora CO shooting incident, although the shooter might not have been consciously aware of it. OTOH, he was wearing protective equipment, so he had prepared himself for that possibility.

In both cases, the armed citizens decided for reasons of their own not to engage the shooters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events