U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:30 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,484,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg
Why? I think that is a pretty crazy amount for such a thing. Was she unprofessional? Of course, but talk is talk. It isn't like she stabbed him. I think the amounts of lawsuits are stupid, but whatever. We have more attorneys than any other country, so we are going to have every ambulance chaser around tripping over themselves to get a piece of any pie they can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
No, she openly said she was going to falsify his records. That is malpractice, a crime.

Yes, that is exactly what she said. She said that she was going to put down on his medical records that he had hemorrhoids, even though she said in the conversation that he did not have hemorrhoids. She also said that he had probably had syphilis. She also threatened several times to punch him in the face!! One has to wonder what he could have possibly have done to her to make her act in such a manner. She was not the doctor performing the procedure, she was the anesthesiologist, so he was not a patient of hers.

This punishment was not nearly harsh enough; it is a perfect example of how justice was not served. The award is minimal at best, but the real punishment should have been that she lost her license to practice medicine, and she should never be allowed to work in the medical field in any capacity as long as she lives. Obviously she has mental problems, but I would not trust such a person treating me, even after they had received treatment for their mental problems.

Since this incident, she has mysteriously disappeared. She no longer works there and cannot be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 05:31 PM

18,720 posts, read 4,718,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
No, she openly said she was going to falsify his records. That is malpractice, a crime.
I would think that is the main reason for winning this suit....although it was wrong to
make fun of him, not professional.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wish doctors and nurses were perfect people. They aren't and neither are the rest of us. They do, however, choose to help you and me every single day of their working life.

Guess who pays the awards for these ridiculous lawsuits? Patients and policy holders.

This lawsuit award sucks.

Yes, they choose to help you every single day, but just like all other occupations there are bad ones that need to be weeded out. Obviously she was a bad weed who never should have been allowed to go into medicine. Jail time would not have been too harsh for the way this woman behaved.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:49 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,252,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Yes, they choose to help you every single day, but just like all other occupations there are bad ones that need to be weeded out. Obviously she was a bad weed who never should have been allowed to go into medicine. Jail time would not have been too harsh for the way this woman behaved.
If you were recorded regarding your comments about your customers would you pass the PC police?

Doctors and nurses choose to help "me", you say? Incorrect. They help us.

I hope we have these wonderful, educated, kind people to help you and me someday. I think they will not continue to be doctors and nurses in the future.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-26-2015 at 06:06 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 06:09 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,567,345 times
This is gross. Sadly, I also know of a few nurses that talk crap about patients. I know they suffer a lack of good care because of it.
It's no wonder our healthcare system is one of our top 5 killers. The reason they make so much is because they are suppose to rise above it. I know plumbers that are more helpful and polite with their customers problems.

I think these phones are shedding a new light on how little we are committed to our careers here. We need to start having more training, in just about every area. We also need to do a better job of weeding out the freaks before we give them a job.

I'm finding that place and giving it a very bad rep. I hope all do the same. I think the more we tape the more everyone will see that it's not racism, it's jerkism in this problem we have an issue with and it's across the board. How unprofessional. I'm sure they've made some mistakes along the way with such a lack of concentration.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777

Quote:
If you were recorded regarding your comments about your customers would you pass the PC police?

Doctors and nurses choose to help "me", you say? Incorrect. They help us.

I hope we have these wonderful, educated, kind people to help you and me someday. I think they will not continue to be doctors and nurses in the future.

You do not comprehend what happened. This is not about politically correct talk. It is about a medical professional threatening out loud to falsify a patient's records!! Would you want a doctor or nurse to put down on your medical records that you had a disease when you do not have that disease AND THAT MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL WHO IS FALSIFYING YOU RECORDS ALSO KNOWS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DISEASE??? She was also threatening to intentionally harm the patient by punching him in the face!!!

Furthermore, I believe that the doctor who was working with this woman should have reported her instead of staying silent. He didn't help the medical profession any by keeping his mouth shut.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 PM

38,558 posts, read 15,430,711 times
That kind of nonsense around an operating table could get someone killed or injured. The court ruled correctly.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 PM

9,698 posts, read 9,509,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg
Why? I think that is a pretty crazy amount for such a thing. Was she unprofessional? Of course, but talk is talk. It isn't like she stabbed him. I think the amounts of lawsuits are stupid, but whatever. We have more attorneys than any other country, so we are going to have every ambulance chaser around tripping over themselves to get a piece of any pie they can get.

Yes, that is exactly what she said. She said that she was going to put down on his medical records that he had hemorrhoids, even though she said in the conversation that he did not have hemorrhoids. She also said that he had probably had syphilis. She also threatened several times to punch him in the face!! One has to wonder what he could have possibly have done to her to make her act in such a manner. She was not the doctor performing the procedure, she was the anesthesiologist, so he was not a patient of hers.

This punishment was not nearly harsh enough; it is a perfect example of how justice was not served. The award is minimal at best, but the real punishment should have been that she lost her license to practice medicine, and she should never be allowed to work in the medical field in any capacity as long as she lives. Obviously she has mental problems, but I would not trust such a person treating me, even after they had received treatment for their mental problems.

Since this incident, she has mysteriously disappeared. She no longer works there and cannot be found.
I dont disagree with the tenor of your post, except for this one sentence. He was a patient of hers. Perhaps she doesn't think this way as well, and this may be a big part of her problem, but from the moment the anesthesiologist interviews you to the moment you leave the recovery room, you are the anesthesiologists patient. In most cases, if you crash during a procedure, the anesthesiologist is the only doctor in the room who knows how to save you. Most surgeons, and in this case, gastroenterologists, don't know how to read an ekg and other vital signs well enough to quickly diagnose you and give the appropriate medication to save you in an emergency situation, so you should think of them as your doctor and they should think of you as their patient. To me, that what makes this situation that much more unacceptable. Besides the trust issue, you can't distance yourself from your patients and give them the best care at the same time. You are in the room for one reason, and one reason only. The patient.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,252,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthesia MD View Post
[snip]You are in the room for one reason, and one reason only. The patient.
So I've been told. I wonder how many patients realize that?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:38 PM

9,698 posts, read 9,509,145 times
Quote:
So I've been told. I wonder how many patients realize that?
While it would be nice if they all did, it really doesn't (or shouldn't) change anything.

I have had a few belligerent people in my years who I refused to take on as patients. But once you accept them as a patient, they are yours, and you have to give them 100%. If she had a problem with this person, she should never have brought him in the treatment room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or