Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 05:26 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,378 times

Advertisements

I am certain this type of thing happens more often than not. It's dark humor, but what sucks is the patient is extremely vulnerable.

I wouldn't like it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 05:41 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Where was the phone hidden? Will they now frisk every patient before a procedure? We should all have the right to not be made fun of, while in the hands of professionals in our most vulnerable state. I want a medical team that cares, not those who are heartless comedian wannabes. I'm glad he won.

"Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me."

MY! Haven't we've become very thin skinned that we worry so much what people are saying behind our back.

Would I like it? No.......but considering the number of people who like to rake me over the coals on the Net, it is thick skin and other defenses.

When it comes to medicine and the like, where one technician insults you about the poor way you take care of your body and another doesn't, the effect I see is that the former discourages you from seeing your doctor regularly and the other does not.

Of course, I might wonder how much he or she is really thinking about me as a person when they come in, talk a mile a minute, examine you, work on you, tell you what needs to be done, and then leave the assistant to handle your questions........but perhaps what matters is that they do the procedure right.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
"Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me."

MY! Haven't we've become very thin skinned that we worry so much what people are saying behind our back.

Would I like it? No.......but considering the number of people who like to rake me over the coals on the Net, it is thick skin and other defenses.

When it comes to medicine and the like, where one technician insults you about the poor way you take care of your body and another doesn't, the effect I see is that the former discourages you from seeing your doctor regularly and the other does not.

Of course, I might wonder how much he or she is really thinking about me as a person when they come in, talk a mile a minute, examine you, work on you, tell you what needs to be done, and then leave the assistant to handle your questions........but perhaps what matters is that they do the procedure right.
Raking someone over the coals via the internet is one thing, having a scope in your rectum and colon, while everyone looks at your fanny, is another. BTW it's doubly embarrassing because you fart worse than a truck driver after the procedure, I am sure you fart during etc. Very undignified, and on top of that people are making "ha ha's" at you.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:12 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Raking someone over the coals via the internet is one thing, having a scope in your rectum and colon, while everyone looks at your fanny, is another. BTW it's doubly embarrassing because you fart worse than a truck driver after the procedure, I am sure you fart during etc. Very undignified, and on top of that people are making "ha ha's" at you.
WHAT IF THEY ARE?

"If it pleases you to think of me, talk of me in a closed room in such a way, fine, think of me that way for I care not either way."

Words are one thing and, from the article-that appears to be what we have, and actions are another. Apparently no actions were taken.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
WHAT IF THEY ARE?

"If it pleases you to think of me, talk of me in a closed room in such a way, fine, think of me that way for I care not either way."

Words are one thing and, from the article-that appears to be what we have, and actions are another. Apparently no actions were taken.
If you cannot see how inappropriate that is.... I am sure it happens more often than not, but it's uncalled for.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:45 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The first one, yes. The second one, not necessarily. We sometimes give a drug in sedation called Midazolam, brand name Versed. This drug causes amnesia. I often give it when I am performing a nerve block on someone before an orthopedic procedure. The patient is awake, but they don't remember me giving them the nerve block. They think they were asleep while I was sticking a needle in their neck, groin, etc, but they really were not. We also use it before most surgeries so patients don't remember anything during the process of putting them to sleep.

This drug is also often used when the colonoscopy is done with sedation by the gastroenterologist. Anesthesiologists don't usually use it during colonoscopies because you are asleep and don't need it
Have you ever witnessed such unprofessional behavior? I've seen gallows humor, unprofessional behavior, incompetence, but never to that level. It's disgusting. Your experience?

Old 07-06-2015, 02:35 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Have you ever witnessed such unprofessional behavior? I've seen gallows humor, unprofessional behavior, incompetence, but never to that level. It's disgusting. Your experience?
I have, but nothing to the extent of what happened in this case. An occasional off color comment here or there, but as I said earlier, you never know what a patient will hear under anesthesia, so if for no other reason, I would never let it get this far in my OR. Even 1 comment will get a dirty look from me.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:45 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
If you cannot see how inappropriate that is.... I am sure it happens more often than not, but it's uncalled for.
It doesn't. That was over the top. I once saw a doctor ask for Mrs's Tit's mammogram ( she had an unfortunate last name that sounded like that word, and very large breasts) he was mortified when we called him out on that Freudian slip.

I have never met a sadistic physician. She sounds like a sociopath, and when people tell you who they are, believe them.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Bottom feeders can be found in any profession.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:56 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I didn't mean how the cost was broken down, but the source of the actual money. That matters a lot. Does anyone believe that this man's hurt feelings outweighs the loss of that amount of money from some institution? It really sucks for that guy to have been made fun of but come on, five hundred thousand dollars?
We can't know for certain in this case, but usually it's the doctor himself who pays for the insurance premiums. So in this case, her insurance will be first of the line to pay the cost. As a result, the insurance co. may greatly increase her future premium load, or will decline to insure her, even.

Bottom line, the award monies are not coming out of some public fund or your tax dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events