Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
sounds like Rakin's head is exploding KABOOM!
Too bad, so sad.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:48 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
to the people that are upset by this:

get over it.

Canada has had it legal for over 10 years and there's not hellfire and society did not break down and the family unit has not been destroyed.
Seriously, get over yourself if this ruling upsets you. Go take a walk or something.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:50 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingMan View Post
Why do all of the liberals, who want nothing to do with God, insist on non-believers having the right to be "married" in the eyes of that same God?
Oh, you mean me? Well, since you asked...

I am not married in the eyes of any god. I am married in the eyes of my friends, family, community. And under the law. I am MARRIED. I made a commitment to my husband in front of my friends, family, community. WE are MARRIED. When someone asks me, "Are you married?" Yes, I am. When someone asks how long I've been married, I can say "I've been MARRIED 16 years." It matters to me that I am married. But I am not religious. In fact, I'm an atheist. But I'm a MARRIED atheist. Don't try to tell me I'm not, because I have a MARRIAGE certificate that proves I am.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:52 AM

21 posts, read 18,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
You have a false premise, that all liberals want nothing to do with God. Understand?

Actually a true Christian would necessarily be a liberal, at least on economics, but that's another story.
Perhaps I should have said that they only want from God what is convenient or what fits their agenda, as do a lot of people. You can't pick and choose what parts of God's Word that you want to accept if you are a true Christian. Understand?

True, the early Church lived in a communal way, but it was entirely amongst family, i.e., the family of believers. They certainly did not try to make the government conform to their ways.

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Tea Partiers are going to have to ask Sarah Palin for advise now. Same sex is legal but her daughter is still single and pregnant again.. Where are these family values we are hearing so much about?

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
I'm glad this is settled and liberals can put social liberalism aside for awhile and start dealing some FDR style liberal economic policy. Now we'll find out how many social liberals are reactionaries on economic and class issues.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:53 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
This morning the United States Supreme Court released its decision in the Obergefell v. Hodges case, a consolidation of multiple cases wherein plaintiffs argued that various bans on same-sex marriage run afoul of the Constitutional right to equal protection.

In the majority decision written by Justice Kennedy, it is ruled that all same-sex marriage bans violate the Equal Protection Clause of Amendment XIV of the United States Constitution. All states and jurisdictions of the United States are thereby ordered to cease denying the right of their people to marry consenting adults regardless of gender.

SCOTUSblog is covering it live right now, but I don't see any major media links yet.

5-4 decision, Justice Kennedy writing for the majority, joined by Justices Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan.

It's over!

What a wonderful week for our nation.

First, millions of people did not lose their health insurance.

Second, millions of our fellow citizens have received full citizenship regarding marriage.

Today is a great and historic day in America.

God Bless America!!

P.S. - I love the rainbow map of America.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Next we move forward with Polygamy.
Do not forget about Polyandry too!!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingMan View Post
Then they worship a different God than the One, true God.
Nope, I serve and believe in the one, true living God, and I am in full support of SSM.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:56 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Well done! The court has ruled what the people have been saying for quite a long time is true. All people deserve equal rights and protections under the law and the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events