Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
In many respects I agree. But the reality is women will always bear a higher cost in this situation....just biology. It's not fair, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, women in her situation usually make a bad situation worse by not giving their out of wedlock children up for adoption. The research is in (even from the more liberal scholars) that kids born to unmarried parents just don't do as well in life.

....A wealth of research strongly suggests that marriage is good for children. Those who live with their biological parents do better in school and are less likely to get pregnant or arrested. They have lower rates of suicide, achieve higher levels of education and earn more as adults. Meanwhile, children who spend time in single-parent families are more likely to misbehave, get sick, drop out of high school and be unemployed.

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms - The Washington Post
We are in agreement 100%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:40 AM

68 posts, read 56,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

But she is still a human being and many human beings are complete idiots. Does that mean we should go around criticizing them for it?
Yeah, we should. America has gotten too soft on idiots. It's like the one thing you can't say. That is the main attribute that Dylann Roof shares with 90% of the prison population and muslim terrorists. They are all generally very, very stupid. Yet you never hear anyone in the media, or even in casual conversation calling out how dumb they are.

It's a cultural thing, too. People and the media in other countries, like the UK and Australia have no problem calling stupid people idiots.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:49 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
I still have not forgiven McCain for almost bringing this family of circus clowns to the White House with him, and I use to respect him as a so called "Maverick" before he sold out.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why does everything have to digress into off-topic comments about Obama? He has nothing to do with this and his kids aren't using a blog to preach, lecture and criticize others. Nor are they unwed mothers.

As for Palin, her statement: “But please respect Tripp’s and my privacy during this time. I do not want any lectures and I do not want any sympathy,†she added."

Respect her privacy? This woman spends her days using a blog to attack others whose behavior Bristol does not approve of. This woman uses her celebrity to tear into the behavior of others. She respects nobody's privacy, but thinks that she is owed it because she is special and self-entitled?

I hope both she and her mother think twice before tearing apart the behaviors of others. Her future motto should be about throwing stones while living in a glass house.

Using Salem as a metaphor is rich when it comes to Palin, who is the first one to attack others for being evil. This cannot be spun. Their words and actions are already out there.

Bristol Palin doesn't want your lectures. She does enjoy giving lectures.
Lol...oh my! All you saw in my post was that tiny quip, comparing levels of lies and hypocrisy, which is what ,its been said, has so many people all bunched up? So, let me get this sorted. The point of my post was analogous to "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". The bulk of the post was leading to that, but all you saw was like five words, and its all about Obama? Oky doky.

This post was in response to another, comparing Bristol Palins level of hypocrisy and untruth to other politicians. So ,I just went straight to the Ace of Spades in the deck, was all. Those few words were hardly the crux of things. And Salem...I think the analogy works pretty well here. This is a witch hunt. Decrying and demeaning a young woman who made an embarrassing mistake, trashing her mother as well, using the very same rationale that , its said, is loathed in Bristol and Sarah Palin. Two wrongs equalling a right. Amazing!

This response to my post is actually a pretty sly deflection. Trying to turn attention away from the actual point, by focusing on one, small, basically irrelevant, sentence. That way having to own up to ones own "holier than thou" attitude, perhaps, can be avoided? I have, quite readily, admitted, my own mistakes in life disqualify me from throwing rotten tomatoes at Bristol Palin. This whole thing is tabloid trash to me.

It just reeks of the oral of a slew of trash talking harpys, who have found a means to set aside their own shortcomings and embarrassments, and point the very same fingers they claim to be so contemptuous of on Bristol Palin. Well, the old adage of becoming what youclaim to hate the most, comes to mind.

Nice try at deflection, and I don't feel the least bit defensive about my views here. On that note, I would ask all the folks with coils of rope over their shoulders here: Are you REALLY so pure and unsullied that you feel justified in joining a lynch mob, here? I sure don't, but, if you make your morning coffee with Holy Water, bathe in same, and sleep on sanctifiedambs wool each night, which it seems you must, do carry on.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
^ Why do you care so much about who she "attacks" on her....wait for it..........................blog. Good grief - are adults really outraged about what a 18-23 yr old says on a blog? Me thinks it's some sort of unhealthy preoccupation with all things Palin.
With all due respect, you are not getting this at all--as much as you would like to believe it is about the Palins--it is the larger issue of hypocrisy.

Remember Jimmy Swaggart, Tammy and Jim Bakker, Josh Duggar, Larry Craig, Trey Radel, Randy Boehning, John Edwards? These people were all brought down by the fact that they were hypocrites--moralizing about the behavior of others while holding themselves up as being highly moral, and then being found out to be low-life phonies. Why should Bristol Palin be treated any differently? Hopefully she will fade into the obscurity she deserves.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:13 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
We are in agreement 100%!
I have been thinking about Bristol Palin's situation lately. What we know is that the wedding to Dakota Meyer was called off at the last minute. We don't know who called it off. We now know Bristol is pregnant.

Putting two and two together, I conclude the most likely scenario is that the baby is Meyer's and that Palin expected to give birth as a married woman.

Most people may not know that Meyer is a guy who's tried to commit suicide, who's been treated for PTSD, and whose former employer said he was "mentally unstable" and had a drinking problem. All of which is understandable considering the hell he went through. Understandable but not something you want to expose children to.

If Meyer got violent and Bristol called off the wedding, good for her. She doesn't need somebody like that around her 6 year old.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:13 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol...oh my! All you saw in my post was that tiny quip, comparing levels of lies and hypocrisy, which is what ,its been said, has so many people all bunched up? So, let me get this sorted. The point of my post was analogous to "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". The bulk of the post was leading to that, but all you saw was like five words, and its all about Obama? Oky doky.

This post was in response to another, comparing Bristol Palins level of hypocrisy and untruth to other politicians. So ,I just went straight to the Ace of Spades in the deck, was all. Those few words were hardly the crux of things. And Salem...I think the analogy works pretty well here. This is a witch hunt. Decrying and demeaning a young woman who made an embarrassing mistake, trashing her mother as well, using the very same rationale that , its said, is loathed in Bristol and Sarah Palin. Two wrongs equalling a right. Amazing!

This response to my post is actually a pretty sly deflection. Trying to turn attention away from the actual point, by focusing on one, small, basically irrelevant, sentence. That way having to own up to ones own "holier than thou" attitude, perhaps, can be avoided? I have, quite readily, admitted, my own mistakes in life disqualify me from throwing rotten tomatoes at Bristol Palin. This whole thing is tabloid trash to me.

It just reeks of the oral of a slew of trash talking harpys, who have found a means to set aside their own shortcomings and embarrassments, and point the very same fingers they claim to be so contemptuous of on Bristol Palin. Well, the old adage of becoming what youclaim to hate the most, comes to mind.

Nice try at deflection, and I don't feel the least bit defensive about my views here. On that note, I would ask all the folks with coils of rope over their shoulders here: Are you REALLY so pure and unsullied that you feel justified in joining a lynch mob, here? I sure don't, but, if you make your morning coffee with Holy Water, bathe in same, and sleep on sanctifiedambs wool each night, which it seems you must, do carry on.
Quite a verbose bit of hyperbole, but it doesn't change your off-topic aside in the comment.

Nice attempt to make a martyr out of a woman that has contributed nothing to society other than two children born out of wedlock. Trying to turn Bristol Palin into the victim of the Salem accusers, though, borders on comedy. She is so much more like Abigail Williams, leading the crusading religious accusers against the innocent women who were put to death.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
She's a hypocrite tramp.

How many baby daddies is this now?

Not that I care honestly, but this chick took $200,000 to preach that abstinence mess and here she is knocked up for a second time with no "husband" (which is really important to these fake people).

She acts like she couldn't use birth control.
I agree, that's like paying for Lawrence Taylor to teach kids not to do drugs and then he gets busted for yet another drug conviction.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:31 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
With all due respect, you are not getting this at all--as much as you would like to believe it is about the Palins--it is the larger issue of hypocrisy.

Remember Jimmy Swaggart, Tammy and Jim Bakker, Josh Duggar, Larry Craig, Trey Radel, Randy Boehning, John Edwards? These people were all brought down by the fact that they were hypocrites--moralizing about the behavior of others while holding themselves up as being highly moral, and then being found out to be low-life phonies. Why should Bristol Palin be treated any differently? Hopefully she will fade into the obscurity she deserves.
That's the short list
You make an excellent point. There are hypocrites of all gender, political and religious flavors. When it reveals itself it needs to be called out. To do otherwise is to, in essence, sanction it.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Quite a verbose bit of hyperbole, but it doesn't change your off-topic aside in the comment.

Nice attempt to make a martyr out of a woman that has contributed nothing to society other than two children born out of wedlock. Trying to turn Bristol Palin into the victim of the Salem accusers, though, borders on comedy. She is so much more like Abigail Williams, leading the crusading religious accusers against the innocent women who were put to death.
Again, you mistake refusal to join the mob as defense. People REALLY need to look in the mirror, before jumping on a bandwagon of judgement and prosecution of someone's character. I'm not defending Bristol Pali , against , for the umpteenth time, in any way. All I'm saying, is that if people want to damn her, or anyone else, for her shortcomings, especially in the frenzied manner we are seeing here, they should look at themselves first.

The question I've posed, you have managed, again, to dodge, and you keep trying to spin this back at me. I've answered that question, so, the onus is not on me, here. So, perhaps, if I phrase less "verbosely" it may sink in? Are you, then, so pure and free of ever having embarrassed yourself, or having done something that others considered a less than glowing act, and been considered a hypocrite? Hell, I've made plenty of mistakes. Had to own up to them as well. Haven't you?

By virtue of my own imperfection, I just refuse to join in or condone trashing a woman for a mistake. Sheesh, at 24, my brain had barely started to grow back from when it was shed in my teens. As far as this situation goes, I'm content to let Bristol Palin ride her own raft. Nobody need do or say anything to drive the point home for her. But, again, if you feel your own record to be imleachable enough to rub her nose in it, please continue. From where I'm sitting, your own embarrassment equals hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events