U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 PM

13,438 posts, read 15,046,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
When you consider the actions of the parent holding that child, he was doomed for life the minute he took his first breath.
Plenty of people grow up to be decent, productive members of society despite their parents. Plus the parent himself is only 20. There's still some chance he'll grow up as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 PM

5,324 posts, read 4,007,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Plenty of people grow up to be decent, productive members of society despite their parents. Plus the parent himself is only 20. There's still some chance he'll grow up as well.
Yes, I agree, however the odds are stacked against them.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,092,415 times
Quote:
When you consider the actions of the parent holding that child, he was doomed for life the minute he took his first breath.
You're going to judge his ENTIRE life as a father based on a 3 minute video???

Yeah, no unfounded judgement here!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree, however the odds are stacked against them.
Based on what? Because her father is a black man? Oh, no, he must somehow be a horrible parent because the cops were completely in the wrong and treated him like a high risk criminal for not paying a fare that I doubt amounts to more than $5. What a terrible, terrible father.

I hope none of you ever have a bad day or make a bad choice that someone catches on film and then judges your entire life because of it.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You're going to judge his ENTIRE life as a father based on a 3 minute video???

Yeah, no unfounded judgement here!
That 3 minute video depicts a person who has no regard for his own child's safety. People who exhibit that obscene behavior deserve to be judged by it.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:05 PM

563 posts, read 353,036 times
Default Free lunch won't eliminate hunger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This is why transit should be subsidized and free.

Yeah, make everything free. Brilliant Idea. No, really, really brilliant. No, I mean it. Really, really mean it.

No, I don't. What a ridiculous idea.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:07 PM

Default Cant we all just get along...(wimpr, wimpr.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
This is beyond insane!!!!

Poor baby
Lets move along, nothing to see here.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Based on what? Because her father is a black man? Oh, no, he must somehow be a horrible parent because the cops were completely in the wrong and treated him like a high risk criminal for not paying a fare that I doubt amounts to more than $5. What a terrible, terrible father.

I hope none of you ever have a bad day or make a bad choice that someone catches on film and then judges your entire life because of it.
I judged that man by his behavior not his color. He committed a crime and put his child in a very dangerous situation. Bad choices are wearing brown socks with black shoes..what this guy did was much more serious than a bad choice.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
That 3 minute video depicts a person who has no regard for his own child's safety. People who exhibit that obscene behavior deserve to be judged by it.
The police attacked him and he held onto his kid. As a parent, I would do the same thing if I was attacked. What was he supposed to do, drop her on the ground?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 PM

Default Another ridiculous assumption!

Quote:
They just guaranteed that yet another black child (plus any child who witnessed what was happening) will never have any reason to trust cops for the rest of her life. Good job.

Or maybe an observation, that those with a sense of entitlement sometimes do not get to pass go and collect $200. Maybe it is a lesson to be learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or