U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:30 PM

2,052 posts, read 2,907,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Let me guess, you don't think the police attacked Eric Garner either?
The police were just following orders from there black female supervisor that the national media so chose to ignore in important details given to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:32 PM

10,543 posts, read 6,052,106 times
Quote:
Gardner died resisting his 36th arrest (give or take). This guy endangered his child while resting arrest. I have no sympathy for either.,

Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 PM

5,372 posts, read 4,045,404 times
Quote:
I'm glad that you brought up Eric Garner. Same circumstances and same result. Both EG and the subject of this thread resisted arrest. Had both of them not resisted they would have gone to court and probably paid a small fine and gone on with their lives. Instead one is dead and the other in jail. Moral of the story, don't commit crimes and comply with the police if you get caught.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 PM

Unfortunately we are going to see more and more of cases like these because A, recorded video and knowing you have an audience. Also the police have a big target on there back now because of everything that has gone in in the last couple years. Seems like people know they can egg on the cops when they are in the wrong and then play the victim because some idiots get interviewed and make it sound like the total opposite of what happened.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Unfortunately we are going to see more and more of cases like these because A, recorded video and knowing you have an audience. Also the police have a big target on there back now because of everything that has gone in in the last couple years. Seems like people know they can egg on the cops when they are in the wrong and then play the victim because some idiots get interviewed and make it sound like the total opposite of what happened.
Yes, I see sharp increases in crime as the ghetto element becomes bolder and bolder. As the politicians continue to sacrifice the police they will become much less proactive for fear of getting jammed up.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:57 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,116,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'm glad that you brought up Eric Garner. Same circumstances and same result. Both EG and the subject of this thread resisted arrest. Had both of them not resisted they would have gone to court and probably paid a small fine and gone on with their lives. Instead one is dead and the other in jail. Moral of the story, don't commit crimes and comply with the police if you get caught.
I'm pretty sure the moral of the story is that police need to be trained in controlling their reactions, having appropriate responses to nonviolent situations, and defusing potentially confrontational situations. The police are under intense scrutiny and we are NOT seeing their responses change.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,116,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Gardner died resisting his 36th arrest (give or take). This guy endangered his child while resting arrest. I have no sympathy for either.,
No one should die in police custody or while being arrested. The law of the land is innocent until proven guilty - well it's pretty hard to get your trial if the police kill you before you even get booked.

It is your very lack of sympathy that allows the police to keep harming and killing people unencumbered. No one deserves to die for selling loose cigarettes, or any other petty crime.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the moral of the story is that police need to be trained in controlling their reactions, having appropriate responses to nonviolent situations, and defusing potentially confrontational situations. The police are under intense scrutiny and we are NOT seeing their responses change.

There is a problem in some police departments around the country that shows police officers lacking much needed skills for there job. However, I'll put it like like this. "you get what you pay for".

What type of individuals do you expect to be police officers when the pay is so low? Sure you have the officers that have wanted to be a cop since birth. But most officers I'd be willing to bet are doing it because they need a job. Just like paying teachers poor salaries you can't expect but so much out of them.

If you paid officers 6 figures I bet a lot more people would be willing to be cops and this would increase the % of cops who can handle themselves very well under stressful situations.

But that still will not keep issues like this from happening.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I don't get why you keep getting to the results and just can't see that this guy brought this upon himself.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:49 PM

1,136 posts, read 696,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
Lets move along, nothing to see here.

The funny thing is that the poster you were quoting could have easily been saying that the man's actions were insane and that the poster felt bad for the child. Perhaps you should calm down. You really are excited about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or