Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 05:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Go Trump!
He is, he's taking his ball and going home. What a frigging baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 05:48 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
I for one am glad that Trump is running, he will make the traveling freak show the GOP calls Presidential candidates that much more humorous. I can't wait to hear what comes out of his mouth next!

Old 06-28-2015, 05:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Don't think he cares much. And the illegal Latinos can't vote anyway. Only sympathetic family members are upset
Fairly certain he has pissed off most of the legal Latinos, as well. That is a problem he cannot solve--the dye is cast (and this is not a reference to his hair).

Old 06-28-2015, 06:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Americans are fed up. Many feel they're being kicked around by bullies, both foreign and domestic. Trump appeals to them much more than turncoat Christie, another Bush, a phony Huckabee, a failed Romney and all the other republican "repeats" over the years. Trump is fresh. Many think he's a breath of fresh air.

I hope he goes the distance. I want to hear him debate. I also want to know how he'll get Mexico to pay for that border fence.

Regardless of what anybody feels about Trump, you have to admit that he's made the race interesting.
Not interesting so much as entertaining. Trump is just so predictable. He's only happy if he is in a position of power when interacting with others. I.e., the Apprentice. When he is the butt of jokes, he either sues, tweets nasty comments which he later deletes out of embarrassment, or he takes to the airwaves on whatever radio or talk show will listen (without challenging him).

When he was decimated by the wit of Obama and Seth Myers at the correspondents dinner, he slunk away to his cave of gold, and we did not hear from him for a long time. Smart move.

So this will all be very entertaining until Trump becomes so predictably unpresidential that people just tire of listening to his blowhard self.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:41 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
The man can't be bought. And he's no career politician. And so far, he's only talked common sense.

That's 180 degrees from the rest of them. I'm all for it.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:13 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Good for him! I don't want him to be our president, but I do want someone to answer for the craziness that is unchecked illegal immigration.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The problem is that you can't run a country like that. The president has to work with Congress and foreign leaders. Feel good bravado doesn't equate with real world practicality.
Trump has worked with politicians under the most difficult circumstances getting his real estate projects approved while facing endless opposition.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
If you want to think like a big d*&^ick American of the 1960's when we were a true superpower, then he's the man. Today we are a declining power who must learn to work and live with others. Get a rude and grotesque big mouth like Trump in office and he'll make America a pariah state in no time. And the funny thing is that he won't care, and his core group of obnoxious big stick loud mouth breathers won't either. The rest of us, and the rest of the world, suffer.
The reason why we're a declining power is that we haven't had leaders like Trump.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:18 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
There is only ONE human being on this entire planet that actually thinks Trump has a chance of becoming President, and that person wears a very bad toupee !

Don

Old 06-29-2015, 05:20 AM

922 posts, read 806,788 times
This man is the most delusional, egotistical nutjob on Earth and I love it! This election is gonna be hella entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events