U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2015, 03:56 AM
 
45,465 posts, read 18,014,833 times
Reputation: 19010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
...I based my argument on what I was told by my employer when it came to scheduling part times. the DM said it was a federal rule, he was wrong, and I repeated it.

That doesnt change the fact that no one is working 1 hour a week, or the fact that your argument should be aimed at the Republican who is continuing to claim the economy was saved by them while you are claiming it is still falling apart under them. but we all know right wingers follow Reagan's 11th commandment.
On the first part, you should check the facts yourself before speaking as an authority on the subject.

On the second part, you state opinion and make poor attempt to discredit based on tired "right-winger" insult. This is commonly done when one can't make logical argument based on fact. i.e. Saying anything to defend Obama, even when the facts say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2015, 06:30 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,143,301 times
Reputation: 1941
The oft-cited American unemployment rate, U3, doesn't count those who've given up.

"Pay is sluggish. Many part-timers can't find full-time work. And a diminished share of Americans either have a job or are looking for one.

"Yet in the face of global and demographic shifts, this may be what a nearly healthy U.S. job market now looks like."

_"Job market's new normal: Smaller workforce, sluggish pay"_
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...ish-pay-322209

The American public, victimized by Obama's Marxist administration, understands this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 AM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 802,948 times
Reputation: 1023
How hard is it to dump billions of magic money dollars into an economy, keep interest rates nil, increase social welfare 30% and (causing another drug epidemic proportionally on taxpayers dime)? Not really too difficult to be a panderer. What goes up in this case of the bubble will need to come down to face reality and it won't be purty.
Just a form of trickle down economics here but not a sustainable one.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 07-07-2015 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,134 posts, read 13,643,867 times
Reputation: 22169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
How hard is it to dump billions of magic money dollars into an economy, keep interest rates nil, increase social welfare 30% and (causing another drug epidemic proportionally on taxpayers dime)? Not really too difficult to be a panderer. What goes up in this case of the bubble will need to come down to face reality and it won't be purty.
Just a form of trickle down economics here but not a sustainable one.
huh? "increase social welfare 30% and (causing another drug epidemic proportionally on taxpayers dime)" what in the world does that mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 08:54 AM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 802,948 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
huh? "increase social welfare 30% and (causing another drug epidemic proportionally on taxpayers dime)" what in the world does that mean?
It means when you increase welfare much of that money goes to drug addicts to support their habits. It also helps make more addicts. The correlation is clear and it is not the first time. The ' heroin epidemic' now is sub-caused by the huge increase in free money. Get it? I understand cause and effect. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,134 posts, read 13,643,867 times
Reputation: 22169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
It means when you increase welfare much of that money goes to drug addicts to support their habits. The correlation is clear and it is not the first time. The ' heroin epidemic' now is sub-caused by the huge increase in free money. Get it? I understand cause and effect. Do you?
No I don't get it

For 99 percent of TANF recipients, the purchasing power of TANF benefits is below 1996 levels, after adjusting for inflation. TANF Cash Benefits Continued To Lose Value in 2013 | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

How many welfare recipients use drugs? In Florida 2.7% tested positive, in Arizona out of 87,000 tested one was positive.
Drug testing welfare applicants nets little

Who is using heroin? As heroin use has moved from predominantly lower-income urban locations to middle-class suburbs and rural communities. White individuals made up approximately 90 percent of the study participants who began using heroin in the last decade.
Who Uses Heroin? Not Who You Might Think

You would do well to do some research rather than just making crap up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 802,948 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No I don't get it

For 99 percent of TANF recipients, the purchasing power of TANF benefits is below 1996 levels, after adjusting for inflation. TANF Cash Benefits Continued To Lose Value in 2013 | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

How many welfare recipients use drugs? In Florida 2.7% tested positive, in Arizona out of 87,000 tested one was positive.
Drug testing welfare applicants nets little

Who is using heroin? As heroin use has moved from predominantly lower-income urban locations to middle-class suburbs and rural communities. White individuals made up approximately 90 percent of the study participants who began using heroin in the last decade.
Who Uses Heroin? Not Who You Might Think

You would do well to do some research rather than just making crap up.
You have an immature understanding of the big picture and cause and effect. Your rhetoric and short sighted internet articles do not mean a thing to reality and truth. Most of the drug epidemics happen after increases in liberal welfare. Immigration is also a co-factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,134 posts, read 13,643,867 times
Reputation: 22169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
You have an immature understanding of the big picture and cause and effect. Your rhetoric and short sighted internet articles do not mean a thing to reality and truth.
right....the truth means nothing in comparison to your made up stuff. Brilliant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 09:32 AM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 802,948 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
right....the truth means nothing in comparison to your made up stuff. Brilliant!
Schooling and the internet are not guarantees to becoming intelligent. Keep trying though, you may get objective truth and reality someday. It comes from life experience as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 12:31 PM
 
Location: NH
820 posts, read 802,948 times
Reputation: 1023
The operation was a success but the patient dies.

Heroin Deaths Quadruple Across U.S. - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top