U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2015, 06:30 PM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,552,454 times
Reputation: 7964

Advertisements

I really hate the fact that arrested people in this country are presumed guilty by society, even if acquitted. And I am not even talking about OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony or George Zimmerman. You could lose absolutely everything for being falsely accused, even before the legal fees. And the unjust punishment goes on for years, thanks to Google.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2015, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,731 posts, read 6,305,954 times
Reputation: 11566
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
most likely. just the accusation will .
Perhaps, but I don't know what he's accused of as of yet; that's the problem. In any event, I'd gladly "retire" with $15 million in the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 06:54 PM
 
4,800 posts, read 10,586,180 times
Reputation: 8290
On the bright side for Jared, there will still be plenty of 6 inchers where he may be going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:06 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,313,889 times
Reputation: 17659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I really hate the fact that arrested people in this country are presumed guilty by society, even if acquitted. And I am not even talking about OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony or George Zimmerman. You could lose absolutely everything for being falsely accused, even before the legal fees. And the unjust punishment goes on for years, thanks to Google.

Mick
Yeah, they even plaster the faces of regular people arrested on websites. Lots of people get arrested and later released because they didn't actually do anything. You could lose your job over that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:08 PM
 
9,426 posts, read 7,101,948 times
Reputation: 12202
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I suspect Jared's buddy Russell Taylor (charged with 7 counts of child porn) likely traded pictures with Jared, or at least the FBI suspects this? Why would they raid Jared's computers? Wouldn't the computer forensics expert be able to tell which addresses Mr Taylor emailed the porn to? Did Jared's email come up in their forensics?

I believe innocent until proven guilty but the FBI? It sounds pretty serious? Maybe Jared didn't do anything but the FBI has sniffed out an abnormality somewhere in the emails?

Subway has suspended Jared pending further investigation. If the general public thinks he did this, it would be hard to see his face next to Subway again, as a spokesman.

Authorities said they found videos they believe Taylor produced by secretly filming minor children at his home. The investigators said they found more than 400 videos of alleged child pornography in his Indianapolis home.

Even if Jared didn't do anything wrong, the Subway Firm is distancing themselves from him, just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Folks,

If the FBI comes to one's house and confiscates one's personal computer, files, data, etc., I'll guarantee there was some MAJOR stuff going on.

It's well beyond a "finger pointing" thing or even low hanging fruit.

They're collecting evidence and building a case.
Not necessarily. Anything that happens 'on the internet' instantly has the potential to be a federal crime, because even though I post this from SC, the data goes across state lines to get to CD's server.

The FBI was participating in the search most likely because they are the main law enforcement branch of the federal government.. Remember that postal inspectors were on the scene as well, likely lending assistance.. The state/local police were there as a courtesy to the feds, since it was in their jurisdiction, and you don't want the feds raiding, say a drug house, the local cops not to know anything about it, and winding up with a shootout between locals and feds.

The original person who was the target that was arrested months ago was arrested by the FBI, which s why they are involved in the branched out investigation. From what I hear, he is likely trying his damndest to cut a deal right now.. So, I think he fingered Jared.. Whether that was a last gasp effort to save his ass, or if there's truth behind it.. I don't know.

I will say.. Since he was not arrested.. That means they found nothing on scene. The computers will go back to the FBI lab and be scoured, I'm sure.. If he were involved in any way.. The other guy was busted 2 months ago.. There would likely have been some cleanup that happened. So, I'm not surprised they found nothing.

I will agree that they found SOMETHING that made them want to do this search in the first place. Which could be as simple as the original guy who was busted sending an email to Jared saying "Look at this hottie" that had a picture of a 15 year old in it.. Who may not have looked 15. But, to be this high profile.. You certainly do have to have a nagging thought of 'where there's smoke there's fire'.

As others have said.. The accusation, or implied accusations have already done the damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 PM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,552,454 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
On the bright side for Jared, there will still be plenty of 6 inchers where he may be going.
If the stereotype holds, tons of foot longs, too. I am a terrible person.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:41 PM
 
9,970 posts, read 11,949,728 times
Reputation: 6432
Labonte18: "
<<"I will say.. Since he was not arrested.. That means they found nothing on scene." >>

Isn't it true that if Jared deleted offensive things that he was sent on his computer, that there is still a "footprint" of that on the hard drive? When you say he was not arrested (*so everything must be okay..) what if that is the reason they took the computer, to dive DEEP into the computer to find things he possibly deleted?

Still innocent until proven guilty.... but because Jared was not arrested, does not likely mean they didn't find anything, just not enough to arrest him (yet) ...If the forensics bring out things he "might" have done and they piece it together like a puzzle, then he would eventually be arrested if they can create the hard-drive contents down at the police station or via the FBI.

I hope he is innocent but just in case, if he is NOT innocent, I will surely equate Subway with the "New Jared"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
 
1,439 posts, read 963,783 times
Reputation: 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
On the bright side for Jared, there will still be plenty of 6 inchers where he may be going.

OMG!! You didn't just say that did you??? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
 
13,612 posts, read 10,313,889 times
Reputation: 17659
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Labonte18: "
<<"I will say.. Since he was not arrested.. That means they found nothing on scene." >>

Isn't it true that if Jared deleted offensive things that he was sent on his computer, that there is still a "footprint" of that on the hard drive? When you say he was not arrested (*so everything must be okay..) what if that is the reason they took the computer, to dive DEEP into the computer to find things he possibly deleted?

Still innocent until proven guilty.... but because Jared was not arrested, does not likely mean they didn't find anything, just not enough to arrest him (yet) ...If the forensics bring out things he "might" have done and they piece it together like a puzzle, then he would eventually be arrested if they can create the hard-drive contents down at the police station or via the FBI.

I hope he is innocent but just in case, if he is NOT innocent, I will surely equate Subway with the "New Jared"..
There are programs out there that can allow a hard drive to be erased and then overwritten to the point where the data is lost. If he knew they were looking at him ( assuming he guilty ) he would have possibly used on of these programs.

Emails, and anything stored in the cloud are another matter as far as I know.

I hope he is innocent, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,017,748 times
Reputation: 9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I will say.. Since he was not arrested.. That means they found nothing on scene. The computers will go back to the FBI lab and be scoured,
But wouldn't it be nice if law enforcement didn't feel this need to make a huge day time drama out of searches, and arrests so if they don't find anything folks can just go on with their lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top