Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
Bring an ignorant college student isn't exactly a first, but it's definitely an embarrassment. Here's hoping you become more than a broke ass after you complete your studies and actually learn something.
He has learned more than you did, with your indoctrination masquerading as "education".....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:46 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Liberals have robbed this country of free speech & so much more, including the ability to just have fun.
There is no playfulness or silliness w/ the Nazi libs.

They're the hateful intolerant ones- make no mistake.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.
I agree 100%! Just typical news reporting these days. Trying to hype up anything they can. So you aren't allowed to dress up like Lucy and Ricardo anymore because someone may get offended? Wow, what is wrong with the US? Really! This is getting so ridiculous!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:08 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Liberals have robbed this country of free speech & so much more, including the ability to just have fun.
There is no playfulness or silliness w/ the Nazi libs.

They're the hateful intolerant ones- make no mistake.
Societies either allow or look down on politically incorrect behavior and that will always upset some members of the society because some will always find things like black face, sexist jokes or gay bashing offensive while others find them funny and don't think it's such a big deal.

We all have to live with that. Even those who prefer politically correctness have to deal with those "jokes" on a regular basis at work or with friends and family. Now if the media in your country is not as funny as you wish it were, maybe it's time to move, plenty of countries still engage in that behavior.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:23 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, the idiot is her. Seriously, what idiot gets her show yanked & experiences negative press for her views on blacks (yes I realize, southerners are so ingrained in their racism that they truly do not even understand racism or that they are racist) & then turns around a couple years later & pulls a stunt like that? You'd have to be completely brain dead to go thru what she did & then repeat it. I just shake my head.
In Dean's own words, "I is what I is, and I ain't changin." I never could stomach the woman.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:40 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
I have found that just about all of the folks who say "I am sick of PC, it's only words, lighten up" tend to get furious and physically violent when someone calls them or their mate/kids (correctly, no less) "fat", "ugly", "dumb", "midget", "baldie," "skank" and so on. Wait guys, I thought it was only words!? Can't we engage in a playful banter any mo'?

Mick

Old 07-08-2015, 09:47 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Anything involving race....

Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 AM

625 posts, read 623,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some may say, no big deal, who cares, why's this news, yada yada yada. But obviously, based on her past, a not so smart thing to do in my opinion.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155831293.html
Paula Deen is the George Zimmerman of cooking.

She gets a pass or rehabs her image only to shoot herself in the foot again!

Whatever her PR firm gets paid, it's not enough.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:51 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
As a white guy trying to keep track of my ism's, wouldn't this be ethnicism or born in Cuba-ism, not racism
As a white guy....blah blah blah. You are automatically guilty of something.
We need to stay away from spray tans from now on, too.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:52 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Stupid but you would think she would have learned her lesson and been extra careful with anything particularly racial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events