Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:15 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Some may say, no big deal, who cares, why's this news, yada yada yada. But obviously, based on her past, a not so smart thing to do in my opinion.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155831293.html

Quote:
Two years after accusations of racism nearly tore down her empire, Paula Deen appears to have learned exactly nothing.

Tuesday morning, the deep-fried dogmatist posted a #TransformationTuesday photo on Twitter, featuring herself as I Love Lucy's Lucy, her former producer Gordon Elliott, and her son Bobby Deen — in brownface — as Ricky. The tweet, which read "Lucyyyyyyy! You got a lot of esplainin' to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 03:20 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:22 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Why is this insulting to some people. Who cares?? it was not a racial statement but a play upon a TV show from the 50s. Why on earth do so many people look for reasons to be insulted?? Why have these lefty loones taken such pleasure from attacking this poor woman?? When will America be America again?? how can we get rid of this culture of PC??? I am so sick of it. Not one person should find this offensive, unless of course you dislike the I Love Lucy show from the 1950s. I see absolutely NO racial statement at all.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.
Actually, the idiot is her. Seriously, what idiot gets her show yanked & experiences negative press for her views on blacks (yes I realize, southerners are so ingrained in their racism that they truly do not even understand racism or that they are racist) & then turns around a couple years later & pulls a stunt like that? You'd have to be completely brain dead to go thru what she did & then repeat it. I just shake my head.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:26 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
The liberals are constantly looking for something to get their panties in a wad. This is just another example of that.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:35 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
I don't like the I Love Lucy show, didn't even like it in the '50s. I'm not offended by people impersonating characters from an old TV show.

Is anyone offended by the network that made Desi wear "face lightening" make-up? Wouldn't this be considered a form of racism? Yes? No? Or is it only racism when it goes the other way?

What's the word I'm looking for...hmmm...oh, yes...witch hunt.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, the idiot is her. Seriously, what idiot gets her show yanked & experiences negative press for her views on blacks (yes I realize, southerners are so ingrained in their racism that they truly do not even understand racism or that they are racist) & then turns around a couple years later & pulls a stunt like that? You'd have to be completely brain dead to go thru what she did & then repeat it. I just shake my head.
I love how you just lumped a whole group/region of people together to insult them as a whole, all the while complaining about racism. And who's the idiot?

Paula Deen like the rest of America is tired of walking on eggshells about everything in fear of being called a racist. If anyone is offended, let them go crawl into a cave and cry about it. We're sick of it.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The liberals are constantly looking for something to get their panties in a wad. This is just another example of that.
Yes, and the problem is that for so long, too many bent over backward to appease them. That has to end.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:17 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
RR wasn't brown, he was more like medium beige.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM

304 posts, read 324,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I think "southerners" have a better understanding of "racism" than you do. Here is the actual definition of racism:

Quote:
RACISM
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

------------------------------
Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com
Now please tell me in what way Paula Deen is being racist. You can say this is offensive, but it is not racism. BTW, at best she is mocking a popular and culturally significant television show and it's famous symbolism. How is that any different from dozens of satirical sketches that happen every day in the name of "satire".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events