Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

In the wake of the most recent developments regarding Bill Cosby and the dozens of sexual misconduct allegations against him, Walt Disney World has reportedly removed a statue of the embattled actor from Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

For months, an online petition had called for removal of the bronze bust from the theme park in Orlando, Florida, and it was finally taken down Tuesday evening, according to The Orlando Sentinel.

Disney World removes statue of Bill Cosby from Hollywood Studios - NewsChannel5.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 05:54 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,588 times
I better see a dozen post by white people crying about te PC police or I'm calling bull on all the whining they do.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I better see a dozen post by white people crying about te PC police or I'm calling bull on all the whining they do.
You think condemning men who drug women to have sex with them is PC?

Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You think condemning men who drug women to have sex with them is PC?
Did I say that? Learn to read. Assumptions are not your friends.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:

Why would white people care? He's just an old thug that finally got caught. Good riddance.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Why would white people care? He's just an old thug that finally got caught. Good riddance.
Because I am constantly seeing people on hear cry PC when a corporation decides to dis-involve itself with someone they deem bad for their image. Its always conservative white posters crying PC. I'm calling out all of the whiny posters who are screaming PC.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Did I say that? Learn to read. Assumptions are not your friends.
That was my best guess at what you meant. If you want to be understood, you'll have to explain in a bit more detail. How exactly does "PC" apply to this situation?

Old 07-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That was my best guess at what you meant. If you want to be understood, you'll have to explain in a bit more detail. How exactly does "PC" apply to this situation?
You must be new to the site. A lot of conservative members cry PC whenever a company distances it self from an individual who they deem bad for their image. Bill is now bad for Disney's image. They have distanced themselves from him.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Lol, the opening salvo here was...entertaining. Disney distance Ching themselves from Cosby is hardly a PC issue. Sexhal misconduct, at this level, would get most anyone a contract loss.

Ya know, I grew up with Cosby. Every Saturday morning I watched Fat Albert. I liked Fat Albert. Now, to see the dark side of the mind behind such a show, wow! As I grew older, and watched Cosby's standup, I was always impressed at his clean humor. Be didn't need profanity and other nasty verbage to .make us laugh. Unlike Eddie Murphy's early stuff . You could take the whole family to see Cosby. A lot of his funniest humor revolved around characters from Fat Albert.

This is a very ...disappointing..end to one of our great funnymen. I certainly can't blame Disney for putting distance on him, now. This is rape we are talking about here, not some off the cuff comment about white people or so.e other group of people, meant in humor, and blown out of proportion by thin skinned folks.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
You must be new to the site. A lot of conservative members cry PC whenever a company distances it self from an individual who they deem bad for their image. Bill is now bad for Disney's image. They have distanced themselves from him.
So... if conservatives criticize companies like Disney for distancing themselves from individuals over PC issues, then they should also criticize them for backing away from a probable rapist like Cosby. But this does not imply that you think being against rapists is PC. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events