U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 05:39 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,639,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And if the children refused to remain in foster care and absconded?
Well they didn't run from the halfway house, which by your links is not locked down nor has high fences, why would they have run from a foster family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 05:41 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,329,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Well they didn't run from the halfway house, which by your links is not locked down nor has high fences, why would they have run from a foster family?
I should imagine there is sufficient structure to prevent that.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:18 PM

774 posts, read 590,917 times
The judge should be removed from the bench. She's obviously one of those brown-nosers who worked her way up to the bench through charisma and networking.

Imprisoning children to force them into a relationship with their dad is cruel, and won't solve anything. She'll just make their relationship worse. (I know from experience, because a stupid counselor advised my dad to use similar, but not as nasty, tactics with my sister.)

The judge obviously doesn't care about the children, and how she could be destroying them. She only cares about the father. Whatever happened to putting the children first in divorce? Why has it come to this, that children are sacrificed so the divorced parents can be happy?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:32 PM

6,328 posts, read 3,405,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effielin View Post
What kind of father goes out of the country on business for two weeks leaving his kids (that he suposedly cares so much about) in jail?
Regarding his leaving the country, I believe it was for business reasons. Unless you are going to be paying his child support in the event he gets fired I wouldn't be complaining.

DH's ex used to get the kids she was sole custodian of (because of her supposed excellent parenting abilities) locked up in psych facilities on a semi-regular basis (and by a strange co-inkydink it their need for 30 day committments just happened to coincide with her vacation time.) Courts and DCF had no problem with this.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:10 PM

You can cancel a business trip for an emergency. I think most people would consider having 3 minor children thrown in jail to be an emergency.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Or is GM such a heartless company that it would not allow him to cancel a business trip for that reason?
I don't think they'd want that sort of publicity.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:26 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,094,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCounty View Post
And you say we are the ones speculating.
I don't need to speculate. I know how Israelis think. The parents were brought up from day one to be independent and not back down. This is how all Israelis are and thus neither are going to give an inch.

Now lets look at the parents: The Father has a portable career that he can do almost anywhere and his income has no income limit. OTOH the Mother being a Doctor does have a income limit depending on where she lives. If she lives in the US, her income has no limit. If she lives in Israel, her income is limited due to Israel being on socialized medicine and the government setting the amount a Doctor would be paid. Since the children were born in the US, they are her anchor. She knows how the Israeli court system (its British based) works and how the US court system works. Comparatively the US court system is a joke compared to numerous other countries. She does have an agenda and it's to stay in the US. All she had to do was convince one child, the eldest, that the Father was the bad one. Which she started laying in stone six years ago. Since the parents were in divorce proceedings, the other children were confused by the situation. Thus the only direction they could look for guidance was the eldest sibling. Since the eldest siblings brainwashing basically started when he was eight, the only input he had to work with is his Mothers and not his Fathers and he passed that onto them. His Mother as a medical physician knows how impressionable children are at a young age.

The Mother and the eldest child are a lost cause at this point. Unless the two younger children are separated from them, no therapy session will make a difference. Why? Because they return to the same household and any therapy done is undone quickly.

fwiw
The Family in Israel

Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,094,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
You can cancel a business trip for an emergency. I think most people would consider having 3 minor children thrown in jail to be an emergency.
Maybe for a day. If one is the main person in the trip based on the business they're in, then one can't. One can't tell 100 other people who are also in transit "Oh well, I can't be there meeting is cancelled". Reality check is that he has a job, a new family and a child. Since the children are not talking to him, then it's up to the lawyers. If he's needed to appear he can be back in the US within 12-16 hours.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
From what I've been reading I'm not so sure this is such an emergency. He has been engaged in an ongoing legal battle with a manipulative broad for around 5 years. How much time is GM supposed to give him to continue to engage this malicious mother ..... besides it doesn't appear that this is actually a jail.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Or is GM such a heartless company that it would not allow him to cancel a business trip for that reason?
I don't think they'd want that sort of publicity.
This little game has been going on for years. I wouldn't mind if the kids were removed from her custody for months, and the child support payments sent to whatever agency has guardianship of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or