U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Yes, we know the mother is crazy. It seems to me that there must have been numerous opportunities for the judge to award custody to the father, demand the mother be psychologically evaluated, hold the mother in contempt, encourage the father to seek a restraining order, require intensive therapy for the children, etc.

It seems to me that the mother should have been removed from their lives long ago rather than allowed to have physical custody for so long. (Though I'm not sure dad is much better.) So WHY didn't that happen? Why were these children allowed to be continued to be abused by their mother?

This has been going on for five years. That's a long time. And none of it makes any sense.
The father just let the kids sit in jail for two weeks while he went off globetrotting to Israel. If I was a judge and had to choose which one of them should get custody, I would probably go with the crazy mother. Because I think the father has even more issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:15 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
The children had court appointed attorneys acting on their behalf. Did any of them object to the judge's decision to put them into the Children's Village (not jail) where they could receive counseling? And is that worse than sending them home to an abusive mother?

That it has taken five years is probably because every accommodation was made for the mother - as is so often the case - and at the father's expense.

Much is made of the father being overseas on business. But he does have a new family to support, presumably child support and very possibly alimony. He may also have felt that some time away from both parents and with professional help was appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:16 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The father just let the kids sit in jail for two weeks while he went off globetrotting to Israel. If I was a judge and had to choose which one of them should get custody, I would probably go with the crazy mother. Because I think the father has even more issues.
They were not in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
They were not in jail.
The judge's own words.

“God gave you a brain. He expects you to use it. You are not your big, defiant brother who’s living in jail. Do you want to live in jail?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The children had court appointed attorneys acting on their behalf. Did any of them object to the judge's decision to put them into the Children's Village (not jail) where they could receive counseling? And is that worse than sending them home to an abusive mother?

That it has taken five years is probably because every accommodation was made for the mother - as is so often the case - and at the father's expense.

Much is made of the father being overseas on business. But he does have a new family to support, presumably child support and very possibly alimony. He may also have felt that some time away from both parents and with professional help was appropriate.
Good for him. He can continue to support them, and let the mother take care of them. Because he obviously doesn't have the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:28 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Good for him. He can continue to support them, and let the mother take care of them. Because he obviously doesn't have the time.
You obviously didn't read the court papers. The mother has abused these kids to the extent that they are brainwashed into rejecting the father. They actually do need to be 'deprogrammed' so that they can develop a healthy relationship with him. Meanwhile, the mother should be in jail (a real one) for contempt as court as provided for in the judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:29 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The judge's own words.

“God gave you a brain. He expects you to use it. You are not your big, defiant brother who’s living in jail. Do you want to live in jail?”
You need to educate yourself on the role of the Children's Village in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,875,789 times
Reputation: 7732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You need to educate yourself on the role of the Children's Village in Michigan.
The judge calls it a jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The judge calls it a jail.

"The Tsimhoni children are in Mandy’s Place, a 44-bed building designed for abused or neglected children. Unlike other buildings housing children who have criminal histories or facing hearings for threatening behavior, Mandy’s Place is not locked down and the children there are not surrounded by high fences.

While the judge, in sending the children there, had likened it to a “jail” and warned they would have to “go to the bathroom in front of people,” it is more of a large home, with a kitchen, dining areas and fully enclosed bathroom stalls.

“We try to make it as homelike as we can,” said director George Miller. “We even redid the front door to make it look more like a home. And there is privacy in the bathroom.”

‘Jailed’ kids in custody case face a structured summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Detroit
464 posts, read 345,138 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If I had to venture a guess; the children are anchor babies and the parents were (and may still be) in the US on Visas. Per past links, they arrived in the US on Education related Visas. No link actually shows any of their relatives residents of the US.
And you say we are the ones speculating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top