U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM

464 posts, read 345,138 times

Advertisements

Judge orders kids held in juvenile center after refusing to see - Fox 2 News Headlines

You can't make this #%#% up folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:48 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,477,746 times
That proves to me what a horrible father that is, if he had the power to let them out and chose not to do that. He has left the country for two weeks.

Wow. Just wow.

Even if I could never see my child again, I would sacrifice that to keep the child safe. Juvie is not safe.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 PM

1,136 posts, read 730,268 times
This is horrible and ridiculous. How is it even legal for a judge to force children to see their father if they do not want to. The fact that he didn't tell the judge to go to hell and actually left the country tells you what a sociopath he is.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:54 PM

3,171 posts, read 4,637,341 times
What a mess. There's obviously a whole lot more to this than what is shown here. I'm guessing that the real truth is somewhere in between what the mother/kids are saying and what the father's saying.

I think there's going to be a whole lot of testimony from others on both sides coming up very soon.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:55 PM

3,171 posts, read 4,637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
This is horrible and ridiculous. How is it even legal for a judge to force children to see their father if they do not want to. The fact that he didn't tell the judge to go to hell and actually left the country tells you what a sociopath he is.
Good point. This stinks on the dad's part.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 PM

14,729 posts, read 10,619,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
What a mess. There's obviously a whole lot more to this than what is shown here. I'm guessing that the real truth is somewhere in between what the mother/kids are saying and what the father's saying.

I think there's going to be a whole lot of testimony from others on both sides coming up very soon.
Does. Not. Matter. What kind of parent would allow their child to be sent to juvenile detention if they could stop it? The ex-wife I get, but his children?!?!?

And this may be the single worst ruling I have ever read. The judge should be forced off the bench. Read page 6 of the transcript and what she said to this child.

http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wjbk/p...nt_to_jail.pdf

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-08-2015 at 11:09 PM..

Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 AM

464 posts, read 345,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Does. Not. Matter. What kind of parent would allow their child to be sent to juvenile detention if they could stop it? The ex-wife I get, but his children?!?!?

And this may be the single worst ruling I have ever read. The judge should be forced off the bench. Read page 6 of the transcript and what she said to this child.

http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wjbk/p...nt_to_jail.pdf
And what judge would go ahead with such a ruling? I'm still in shock.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 AM

139 posts, read 113,136 times
What kind of father goes out of the country on business for two weeks leaving his kids (that he suposedly cares so much about) in jail?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:27 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,639,223 times
Because this action will make the kids want to spend more time with the father for sure. "Oh, daddy we love you so much for letting us sit in jail!!"

I hope that this gets appealed and thrown out, and the judge responsible punished by whatever would be applicable. Doesn't this kind of go against the cruel and unusual punishment that we are supposed to have protections against? "You won't talk to your father so I shall toss you in jail!" On that note, the one kid is supposed to be 15 years old, right? I know it varies from state to state, but shouldn't 15 years old be old enough for him to say, "I do not wish to have contact with him right now." One really has to question this judgement that sends, from what can be seen, perfectly good kids to live with troublemakers. If these kids turn out to be criminals now the only ones to blame will be the father and the judge for sticking them in a jail setting.

I know I for one would want to have no contact ever with my father if he ever allowed something like this to happen, especially if he just up and left the country for 2 weeks afterwards, and would probably be looking for a legal leg to stand on to sue the crap out of him once I turned 18 for him allowing me to sit in jail for what amounts to a cold shoulder.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:22 PM

13,677 posts, read 13,587,189 times
I found these two links that offer a little more color and posted them to the thread in parenting. And the story gets worse in each.

Judge compares Bloomfield Hills children to Charles Manson, sends them to Children’s Village for refusing to speak with father

Omer Tsimhoni, Whose Kids Were Put in Juvenile Detention | Observer

To my mind, both of the parents are nuts and these kids are being punished for it in a devastating way. The judge herself is clearly crazy - just look at how she berates the children. Who is going to look out for the kids in this case? They must be feeling so adrift. Someone needs to step in.

IMO, both parents should lose custody and be forced to pay whatever the max is in child support. The kids should be placed with whoever their sanest U.S.-based relative is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or