Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:30 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
The Homeless use water for free and nobody says anything, come on man. Prisoners don't pay the water bill as well the tax payers are stuck with the bill, Tom Selleck is not a bad guy stop trashing the guy
I can't tell what's satire any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 02:17 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,655,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I wonder if it's possible the person who hooked up the hydrant was doing so without the knowledge of the Selleck family? I know the fire department allows people to use water from their hydrants by connecting a water meter to the hydrant and use fire hoses to fill swimming pools, ponds, and water trucks. The meter is read and the bill for the water sent to the home owner or company. I think it's possible someone took the initiative on their own to do this not knowing or caring it is an illegal act. But the fact that the Selleck family hasn't responded leads the above in doubt.

No, since the water district ask him to stop as far back as 2013.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
The actor who used to play a P.I., got caught by a P.I. LOL!

Quite low of him though.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:23 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,655,555 times
I don't feel bad for this shaming of an actor, he was warned as early 2013 to stop this practice.

I had to go to court and fight just one water infraction no warnings given. I was not stealing water but merely watering on Tuesday instead of Wednesday once every two weeks. The court did reduce my fine from $190 to $150.

I was always careful to be in compliance, but the city made some changes of our watering day schedule during my absence from the state. I had to leave because my mother was passing, and had to stay longer to make the funeral arrangements and take care of my stepfather.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:27 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Before someone predictably calls him a hypocritical Hollywood *******, I'd like to note that he is a Republican. Thank you.
Well, he is not doing the party any favors with this kind of thing. I don't see how celebrities of either party reflect Republicans or Democrats in general.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Official: Water Tom Selleck accused of stealing was paid for

Quote:
An official says water that actor Tom Selleck has been accused of stealing from
a public hydrant in dry California was legally purchased.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:08 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
The damage is done. It was put out that he was stealing water. Too little too late. If I were he, I'd be pissed.

Just because it's in print, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:27 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
In the old days didnt they get shot for using water off of someone elses land... mmm maybe not in one of Toms movies..

Old 07-12-2015, 06:28 AM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Water is FREE. Go into any resturant and ask for a glass. If you home is on fire, they city does not send you a bill for the water used.
No, it's not. Someone, including you, pays for every drop of it in some way or other, even if a cup of water is taken from a spring in the wilderness.

Water isn't always cheap, either. Try getting just a glass of water for free these days in Las Vegas. If your house catches fire, you are paying for both the fire men who put the fire out and the water they use to do it. And for the delivery system that made the water available. The costs are spread around. That's the only reason why water is cheap is some places.

As for Tom Selleck…
I like the guy. He's a good actor. But if he wants to be a hobby farmer, its time for him to find another crop. If he wants to grow trees, there are lots of them that do fine in deserts that produce products that can be sold, even if some of the products aren't food.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Water is FREE. Go into any resturant and ask for a glass. If you home is on fire, they city does not send you a bill for the water used.
Thank your local business owner for establishing a place were water is piped in. Someone did build that!
Thank your neighbor for paying his taxes!

Bummed to hear this Tom Selleck makes a good cowboy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events