U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:35 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,969,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bush does a lot of Charity work for Vets. Golf tournaments, Runs, Cross country bike events, many of these he actually participates in.

President George W. Bush Uses Golf Tournament to Help Wounded Veterans - ABC News
Does that charity bring them back from the dead? Does it help the 100s of thousands of dead civilians overseas? Please don't defend this American disgrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 05:42 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,886,776 times
They all charge for speaking....Obama will charge as well when he is no longer President.
The NFL charges for any military appreciation days they do...

So what's the point of the post? Stir up Bush haters because he is doing exactly what every ex president before him has done

Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 AM

14,310 posts, read 9,069,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Newsflash: Famous people charge to speak at events. More to come after the break.

Exactly, not sure why this is even news.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,886,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
According to my local news, the charity's attorney said the $100,000 was underwritten by a private donor. That an individual paid W to go there, not the charity itself. So, there's a tad more to this story than meet's the reporter's eye. No telling what else they over looked. Anyhow, this reminds me of the story circulating about Michelle redoing the White House dining room. Oh the horror, until it's unearthed that taxpayers are not paying for it. I don't trust anything I read, reporters are not giving us all the facts. Everyone seems to have an agenda
Exactly!! As for the bolded, not a Michelle fan, but in her defense just about every first lady has redone some room in the White House

Old 07-10-2015, 05:54 AM

2,331 posts, read 1,348,095 times
my question is who are the idiots who pay this price to listen to him...or Chelsea Clinton for that matter...

Old 07-10-2015, 05:59 AM

3,829 posts, read 2,791,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Isn't that double-dipping? First you make money off sending people to war, then make money off the injured ones who survived?

President Bush is an American hero that will someday be on Mt Rushmore. He rallied the country to retaliate against Islamic terrorists, captured Saddam Hussein, pushed Osama Bin Laden into hiding so that no terrorist attacks could be launched against America, freed the people of Iraq and gave them their first elections.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:06 AM

110 posts, read 66,494 times
Well. I'm a first Gulf war veteran and I think it's pretty rotten. These are guys who fought the wars politicians imagined. It's their blood who paid for it, he should've done it for free.
I got lucky. In 1990 we fought a regular army, and not a bunch of terrorist scum, and they got pummeled. I wish we could have gone all the way to Baghdad then, it would have saved a lot of young men and women from the sh*t they need to endure today...

Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 AM

17,269 posts, read 10,194,544 times
Mission Accomplished!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:34 AM

14,699 posts, read 8,483,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
And? If you don't want to pay it, don't go. Easy peasy.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:36 AM

5,941 posts, read 2,703,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
President Bush is an American hero that will someday be on Mt Rushmore. He rallied the country to retaliate against Islamic terrorists, captured Saddam Hussein, pushed Osama Bin Laden into hiding so that no terrorist attacks could be launched against America, freed the people of Iraq and gave them their first elections.
Bush may be a lot, but an American Hero he will never be.

Perhaps he should be thrown off Mt Rushmore, and that's as close he would get to being on it.

He recruited more Terrorists than Osama could have ever even dreamed of getting, destabilized Iraq and destroyed its infrastructure and economy, throwing them back into the stone age. He killed over 4000 of our Troops and 250,000 plus Iraqi Citizens, tortured and killed prisoners, and set the stage and planted the seeds for ISIL to grow. His picture should hang right along with Hitler's and Mao, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, and other despots in History.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events