Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:17 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Isn't that double-dipping? First you make money off sending people to war, then make money off the injured ones who survived?
Yes. Makes me want to tell the far right wing folks "The truth hurts doesn't it"?

This is the best comment ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:19 PM

569 posts, read 779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
So? Chelsea Clinton got $65,000 for a speech in Kansas City.
How many of those in the Kansas City audience were on crutches, in wheelchairs and/or missing various parts of their bodies as a direct result of something Chelsea did?

Old 07-10-2015, 12:50 PM

569 posts, read 779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He didn't charge vets, or the organization, a private donor paid it.
OK, that slides him one notch back on the scummy spectrum. Did he say, "It's great to be here with all of you. Of course, you're only here at this event because of me and my policies and I'm only here because a private donor wrote a big check. What a country!"

Old 07-10-2015, 12:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
OK. I get that former Presidents charge speaking fees. But most of them haven't committed major blunders like Iraq that killed or maimed thousands. Bush should be apologizing for one of the gravest errors in American military history and then give these vets 100 K to ease their transition from healthy young men and women into the world of the wounded and disabled.
Oh please.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:55 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
So far, this thread has stirred up more Bush fans than haters.

It's not that someone else paid the $100K, it's that he has the gall to charge that amount (even if it's significantly discounted) to a veteran's group when he's the one who insisted on pressing forward with a war the vast majority of people acknowledge to be a mistake.

I too think he should be charged with war crimes. The bravado he displayed when he said "I'm the decider" after being asked who approved the use of torture would've gotten most 3rd world dictators arrested.
I believe it was congress that pressed on. Including Clinton and John Kerry, as well as many other Dems.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:59 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,139 times
Anyone miss that smirk, that swagger, that idiotic demeanor? I guess a few people did since they reelected him. That's the real tragedy.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:15 PM

563 posts, read 523,984 times
Default I harte it when I drop my beer like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
President Bush is an American hero that will someday be on Mt Rushmore. He rallied the country to retaliate against Islamic terrorists, captured Saddam Hussein, pushed Osama Bin Laden into hiding so that no terrorist attacks could be launched against America, freed the people of Iraq and gave them their first elections.

Hero? Mount Rushmore? How much of that "kook-aid" did you drink? I bet in you account of history, the cow really did jump over the moon!

Old 07-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Default Lol!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_guy View Post
mission accomplished!

lol!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Default Very well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Bush may be a lot, but an American Hero he will never be.

Perhaps he should be thrown off Mt Rushmore, and that's as close he would get to being on it.

He recruited more Terrorists than Osama could have ever even dreamed of getting, destabilized Iraq and destroyed its infrastructure and economy, throwing them back into the stone age. He killed over 4000 of our Troops and 250,000 plus Iraqi Citizens, tortured and killed prisoners, and set the stage and planted the seeds for ISIL to grow. His picture should hang right along with Hitler's and Mao, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, and other despots in History.
Agreed!

Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
100k to hear W Bush speak, what a waste of money, I would pay 100k or more for anything other than a house. What a total waste of money, its not W Bush's fault somebody is stupid enough to pay those prices thou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events