U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM
 
9,582 posts, read 8,884,814 times
Reputation: 5813

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is absolutely sickening. A Federal investigation obviously necessary in this supremely backwards part of the country. The ignorant cops involved, along with the department which allowed this to happen, must be severely penalized. This kind of Klan-like behavior by these sub-humans cannot stand.
Just.....wow. I guess you can twist anything into your agenda if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2015, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,548 posts, read 14,354,179 times
Reputation: 14684
When you get pulled over, it's probably a good idea to show the officer some respect.(duh)

I can only guess that this woman got very mouthy and taunted the arresting officers before they pinned her down and handcuffed her. She was very likely responsible for the arrest if the video reflects her behavior before she was on the ground.

However, that does not explain her death. I am skeptical she was murdered, cops deal with loudmouthed, ignorant people every day. I don't see why this loudmouthed woman was unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 07:11 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
What exactly are the police guilty of here? She gets pulled over, attacks the officer, gets arrested, and hangs her self in her cell.( the women in question admitted to having depressions)
Last year I was almost killed by a police officer, I was pulled over for having a brake light out, if I had jumped out of my car and grabbed my tire iron and charged the officer he would have probably shot me dead, instead I stayed in my car gave him my lic., reg., and Insurance card, thanked him for pointing out the blow light and went on my way.
I think it is far more likely that she didn't hang herself.

Why is it assumed that she hung herself because she was suffering from depression? It already appeared as if excessive force was being used on her when she was out of the car, as even a fellow officer on the scene questioned. Millions of people suffer from some form of depression every day, but don't hang themselves. The people who knew her best, her family, said that it was very unlikely that she would hang herself, especially with the prospect of a new job within reach. Something terribly wrong happened here.

Given the national attention that white cops all over this country have been getting for exceeding the scope of their authority against blacks, extra caution was likely the better option. An investigation is critical to uncover the truth of what happened, since it is far more likely in this backwards part of the country, that the cops killed her while she was in custody.

I really have no interest in what YOU did when you were stopped, and it has absolutely no relevance to what happened to this poor woman. Support the Confederate flag, make the assumption that she was in the wrong,...I have no interest in this perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 07:14 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Just.....wow. I guess you can twist anything into your agenda if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 08:33 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Sandra Bland was tragically murdered while in police custody

For those in denial, RACE is a component of everything. It doesn't matter what the topic. When a black person is involved, and especially when that black person ends up harmed or dead as the case is here, heightened scrutiny is not only necessary, but VITAL.

Waller, Texas. More likely than not to be a place which houses its share of Klan and Confederate flag sympathizers. More likely to contain a department full of redneck cops. More likely to be comprised of a bunch of hicks, driven insane because the enormous success of our black President has shattered their world view and their place in it. More likely to contain a bunch of good ol boys, supremely bitter of the politics in this country favoring the northern states, favoring progressives, favoring greater rights for blacks, the LGBT community, same-sex marriage, Obamacare, a destruction of symbols of the Confederacy, a rejection of southern culture as it pertains to race, and so forth. More likely to contain people who are absolutely sick to death of black people, period. This kind of place is more likely than not to kill a vocal black woman while she is within their custody, then try to make it look like it was a suicide.

It is more likely than not, that she did NOT commit suicide. The people who knew her best, her family, knew that she would never kill herself. I believe them. I believe that this woman was no more likely to kill herself than Jay-Z and Mitch McConnell were to have a gay affair. When you eliminate suicide, you can come to only one conclusion. Those redneck cops in Waller, Texas killed that black woman while she was in their custody, primarily because she was black and vocal.

A federal investigation is necessary, and I hope all the people who are responsible for this tragedy in Waller, Texas, hang.

The Texas County Where Sandra Bland Died Is Fraught With Racial Tensions | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 10:08 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The cops are guilty of...of what!? How does this woman's suicide put a finger of blame on the cops? The arresting cops weren't in the jail cell with her. Oh, wait. I suppose this means the correction officer's murdered her? They strung her up because... why? Oh, please share your enlightened wisdom on this matter.

Stable and professional people (as she is now being painted as) usually don't end up on the ground, fighting and swearing at the cops while getting their wrists shackled before being dragged off to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 09:38 AM
 
154 posts, read 95,322 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think it is far more likely that she didn't hang herself.

Why is it assumed that she hung herself because she was suffering from depression? It already appeared as if excessive force was being used on her when she was out of the car, as even a fellow officer on the scene questioned. Millions of people suffer from some form of depression every day, but don't hang themselves. The people who knew her best, her family, said that it was very unlikely that she would hang herself, especially with the prospect of a new job within reach. Something terribly wrong happened here.

Given the national attention that white cops all over this country have been getting for exceeding the scope of their authority against blacks, extra caution was likely the better option. An investigation is critical to uncover the truth of what happened, since it is far more likely in this backwards part of the country, that the cops killed her while she was in custody.

I really have no interest in what YOU did when you were stopped, and it has absolutely no relevance to what happened to this poor woman. Support the Confederate flag, make the assumption that she was in the wrong,...I have no interest in this perspective.
It doesn't matter, when the true story surfaces and/if it's proven she committed suicide, the anti-white/cop haters will still scream "racism/injustice!"
If she would have acted like a civil human being and used her turn signal and showed some respect for the officer, she'd still be alive. It's her own fault, nobody else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 09:40 AM
 
154 posts, read 95,322 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
For those in denial, RACE is a component of everything. It doesn't matter what the topic. When a black person is involved, and especially when that black person ends up harmed or dead as the case is here, heightened scrutiny is not only necessary, but VITAL.

Waller, Texas. More likely than not to be a place which houses its share of Klan and Confederate flag sympathizers. More likely to contain a department full of redneck cops. More likely to be comprised of a bunch of hicks, driven insane because the enormous success of our black President has shattered their world view and their place in it. More likely to contain a bunch of good ol boys, supremely bitter of the politics in this country favoring the northern states, favoring progressives, favoring greater rights for blacks, the LGBT community, same-sex marriage, Obamacare, a destruction of symbols of the Confederacy, a rejection of southern culture as it pertains to race, and so forth. More likely to contain people who are absolutely sick to death of black people, period. This kind of place is more likely than not to kill a vocal black woman while she is within their custody, then try to make it look like it was a suicide.

It is more likely than not, that she did NOT commit suicide. The people who knew her best, her family, knew that she would never kill herself. I believe them. I believe that this woman was no more likely to kill herself than Jay-Z and Mitch McConnell were to have a gay affair. When you eliminate suicide, you can come to only one conclusion. Those redneck cops in Waller, Texas killed that black woman while she was in their custody, primarily because she was black and vocal.

A federal investigation is necessary, and I hope all the people who are responsible for this tragedy in Waller, Texas, hang.

The Texas County Where Sandra Bland Died Is Fraught With Racial Tensions | Mother Jones
OK, now we know she was a cop-hater. No doubt now she kicked the cop, right? She should have kept her big mouth shut and her feet to herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 11:13 AM
 
9,582 posts, read 8,884,814 times
Reputation: 5813
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
You smacking your head over your agenda twisting?? I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 11:36 AM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,682 posts, read 8,484,316 times
Reputation: 7034
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
When you get pulled over, it's probably a good idea to show the officer some respect.(duh)

I can only guess that this woman got very mouthy and taunted the arresting officers before they pinned her down and handcuffed her. She was very likely responsible for the arrest if the video reflects her behavior before she was on the ground.

However, that does not explain her death. I am skeptical she was murdered, cops deal with loudmouthed, ignorant people every day. I don't see why this loudmouthed woman was unique.
^ my guess as well.

Also, if you look at her FB page you will see that she has been quite active in speaking against LE brutality. I wouldent be all that shocked if she purposely did something to get pulled over and then started mouthing off and fighting the cops. In other words, she wanted to create a scene. As for her death, she probably figured out she was going to lose her new job and with her history of depression it's easy to see why she could have committed suicide.

Acceptable ways to deal with law enforcement:

1) Yes sir/No sir or Yes mam/No mam.
2) Use the appropriate title such as Officer, Deputy, Trooper; or their rank Sergeant, Lieutenant, etc.
3) DO NOT be mouthy and say garbage like "Yo pig you pulled me ova just cause I Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". No moron, they pulled you over because you violated the VTL law or have a warrant in your name.
4) DO NOT fight the cops. If you fight with the cops your going to get your ***** kicked.
5) DO NOT act aggressive. Comply with the demands of the LEOs on scene. If they tell you to keep your hands on the steering wheel, or to stick your hands out the window ... DO SO. DO NOT jump out of the car and get in their faces (see 3 & 4).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top