Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:31 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Comical I must say, aside from the insults I'll respond. First off I'm not Gay but that's not relevant. Second I'm already married with the opposite sex which isn't relevant either. Third you are absolutely interested in discussing homosexuality or you wouldn't have bothered to read the thread much less post twice. Like I said the topic hit a nerve with you you're defensiveness says it all.
Well, part of being accepted is dispelling myths, so I dont agree with your assumption. It may have been relevant in the 50s and 60s, but the sad fact is, with acceptance comes normalcy, and there is truely nothing special about being considered normal.

I post on a lot of threads that dont hit a nerve. I posted on the Pluto thread, and there was nothing there to strike a nerve, lol. I have absolutely nothing against Pluto - never did.

On that note:

Doesnt the study also point to most uncloseted homosexuals - those that eventually came out - having one time been a homophobe themselves? It would seem if the study holds water - that would also be true.

I know there are many older gay people that never were in the closet, and I can only salute their bravery. It wasnt easy prior to the 70s and 80s being openly gay, especially the further you got away from gay epi-centers like NYC and SF. I doubt it is that much more easy today for a young person growing up in rural environment to truely be openly gay.

I guess any denial in regard to preserving their own privacy and safety could be called, "homophobic" even today?...I dont know.

Its cool to pick a topic thats a coin with 2 sides. It makes room for discussion, IF discussion is truely possible. *shrugs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 04:34 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Comical I must say, aside from the insults I'll respond. First off I'm not Gay but that's not relevant. Second I'm already married with the opposite sex which isn't relevant either. Third you are absolutely interested in discussing homosexuality or you wouldn't have bothered to read the thread much less post twice. Like I said the topic hit a nerve with you you're defensiveness says it all.
The nerve you speak of has been addressed.

there is a thread on the first page of a clearly ignorant person asking a question about the media pushing a gay agenda on the public. This is clearly a question that needs to be addressed from the perspective of some trying to gain knowledge. Instead of responding to him, everyone uses it as an opportunity to show their alliance with the gay community. Only one person addressed his question. And the op of this thread strolls in with the iq of a gnat and made some empty contribution and shortly after opens this thread. That is what they call being a nuisance. I have gay friends and thankfully they are normal. They aren't insecure and don't feel the need to discuss their sexuality at every whim or push it on other people.

Again I have nothing against gays, I just think it's silly to label folks that don't give a ****.... That says more about you than the people you're accusing. This is a Faceless message board and I've learned long ago not to care about the opinions of randoms. So interpret my posts however you want. Lol. I don't give a flying ......

Old 07-18-2015, 04:35 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Well, part of being accepted is dispelling myths, so I dont agree with your assumption. It may have been relevant in the 50s and 60s, but the sad fact is, with acceptance comes normalcy, and there is truely nothing special about being considered normal.

I post on a lot of threads that dont hit a nerve. I posted on the Pluto thread, and there was nothing there to strike a nerve, lol. I have absolutely nothing against Pluto - never did.

On that note:

Doesnt the study also point to most uncloseted homosexuals - those that eventually came out - having one time been a homophobe themselves? It would seem if the study holds water - that would also be true.

I know there are many older gay people that never were in the closet, and I can only salute their bravery. It wasnt easy prior to the 70s and 80s being openly gay, especially the further you got away from gay epi-centers like NYC and SF. I doubt it is that much more easy today for a young person growing up in rural environment to truely be openly gay.

I guess any denial in regard to preserving their own privacy and safety could be called, "homophobic" even today?...I dont know.

Its cool to pick a topic thats a coin with 2 sides. It makes room for discussion, IF discussion is truely possible. *shrugs*
What is my assumption?

Old 07-18-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
What is my assumption?
If you dont remember what you wrote, and I quoted, please scroll back to the post you quoted and read the bolded part..

Old 07-18-2015, 04:41 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
While this seems to be true of politicians, further study is required to determine if it is true of the general population.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:42 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
The nerve you speak of has been addressed.

there is a thread on the first page of a clearly ignorant person asking a question about the media pushing a gay agenda on the public. This is clearly a question that needs to be addressed from the perspective of some trying to gain knowledge. Instead of responding to him, everyone uses it as an opportunity to show their alliance with the gay community. Only one person addressed his question. And the op of this thread strolls in with the iq of a gnat and made some empty contribution and shortly after opens this thread. That is what they call being a nuisance. I have gay friends and thankfully they are normal. They aren't insecure and don't feel the need to discuss their sexuality at every whim or push it on other people.

Again I have nothing against gays, I just think it's silly to label folks that don't give a ****.... That says more about you than the people you're accusing. This is a Faceless message board and I've learned long ago not to care about the opinions of randoms. So interpret my posts however you want. Lol. I don't give a flying ......
All I said was it hit a nerve with you which could be telling From there you took it to mean that I was calling you gay. I don't know you I didn't make a definite statement I said could.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:43 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:

On that note:

I guess my position on police brutality, based on the line of reasoning presented by these very nice people, means deep down, I want to be a police officer? I mean what sort of school system ...ahhh nevermind.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:45 PM
AFP

Quote:
If you dont remember what you wrote, and I quoted, please scroll back to the post you quoted and read the bolded part..
Yes I said that his defensiveness says it all.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I guess my position on police brutality, based on the line of reasoning presented by these very nice people, means deep down, I want to be a police officer? I mean what sort of school system ...ahhh nevermind.
Maybe you do, if you feel you have a better idea, or could have handled a situation better. Maybe its a career choice you are overlooking.

I have no idea what kind of school system you were in, sorry.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:52 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Most of us couldn't care less about gay issues. That doesn't make us gay any more than it makes us straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events