U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:35 AM

22,101 posts, read 10,275,420 times

Advertisements

Some might be surprised if they Googled "what percent of straight men have gay sex", and actually read through a number of the articles. The 2-3% figure that I keep seeing on this forum front straight people, clearly does not include the "straight" men who also have gay sex at least occasionally. The term "on the down low" is generally used by Blacks, but could just as easily be used by many White men. If you include all the men who always or occasionally have gay sex, the figure in probably more like 10%+.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 10:36 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Is this part of the "Everyone is born gay" meme ?

Old 07-30-2015, 03:02 AM

5,088 posts, read 2,045,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Sure, I'd be glad to sample your mother as proof of the nerve it struck. Get over yourself. This gay talk is becoming a real nuisance in the face of real problems. You've been given equal rights to marry...run along and become a part of normal American society instead of trying to brand everyone that is ignorant of your sexual preference/lifestyle as repressed. Some people just don't give a **** about it. Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Comical I must say, aside from the insults I'll respond. First off I'm not Gay but that's not relevant. Second I'm already married with the opposite sex which isn't relevant either. Third you are absolutely interested in discussing homosexuality or you wouldn't have bothered to read the thread much less post twice. Like I said the topic hit a nerve with you you're defensiveness says it all.
Haha.. I know, I have seen this kind of thing before. It will be assumed by some that if another speaks out in support of LGBT, that the person cannot possibly be straight... sheesh. It always seems to be the same mentality who does this, expressing themselves the same way, and yes.. it's comical.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:48 AM

5,088 posts, read 2,045,324 times
"Homophobes likely to be closeted Gays".

Well, this is not news, right? I have always heard this. Though it may not apply to all who come off as hostile regarding Gays, I would think it could be a fair amount.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:00 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,083,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Straight men hate gay men because gay men threaten their masculinity. Straight women on the other hand don't have a problem with Lesbians. In our patriarchal society, men are raised to believe that they need to be masculine.
YES! The voice of reason! I couldn't have said it better -- and I'm a straight female, but I can't deal with "dating" anymore after two divorces and all the drama.

I would gladly and happily MARRY a gay man if he didn't want to be openly homosexual. It would give me companionship, a little help around the house and with things like taking care of each other if a car breaks down, one of us or a pet gets sick -- share the task of just living. I'm a damn good actress and would be a perfect beard

I despise homophobia with a passion.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:22 AM

931 posts, read 611,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
YES! The voice of reason! I couldn't have said it better -- and I'm a straight female, but I can't deal with "dating" anymore after two divorces and all the drama.

I would gladly and happily MARRY a gay man if he didn't want to be openly homosexual. It would give me companionship, a little help around the house and with things like taking care of each other if a car breaks down, one of us or a pet gets sick -- share the task of just living. I'm a damn good actress and would be a perfect beard

I despise homophobia with a passion.

I have thought about this too, straight men are so violent/abusive it is not worth it.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:08 AM

2,004 posts, read 1,200,531 times
If all this is true then there are a lot of gays that hate other gays? The premise here is that many homophobes are closet gays mean gays make up a large percentage of homophobes? Then gays hate each other that much? Where is the logic in that?

Last edited by Year2525; 08-06-2015 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: A small spelling mistake.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 AM

2,643 posts, read 1,996,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Dumbest report ever posted on this forum. I'm indifferent to homosexuality. Don't give 2 sheets, they'aren't anymore special than us hetero but labeling folks who aren't accustomed or exposed to that lifestyle "repressed" is very reckless and irresponsible.

You guys are doing more than reaching just to shove this noise down the throats of people that don't quite understand it yet. It actually has the counter effect. Calm the eff down. And live your life ..just like everyone else for goodness sakes. Absolute Nonsense and. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

You protest too much. BTW, see Michelle Bachmann's husband as evidence of this theory.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:07 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,582,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
If all this is true then there are a lot of gays that hate other gays? The premise here is that many homophobes are closet gays mean gays make up a large percentage of homophobes? Then gays hate each other that much? Where is the logic in that?

Yes gays hate themselves and they hate each other...they sound like a hateful bunch to me.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:15 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,524,838 times
Hmmmm, you may have a point. For example (just a small representative sample), the following folks have openly condemned the gays but have been caught performing gay acts:

Randy Boehning (R)
Steve Wiles (R)
Ted Haggert (R)
Denis Hastert (R)
Mark Foley (R)
Phillip Hinkle (R)
Larry Craig (R)
Ed Schrock (R)
David Dreier (R)
Robert Allen (R)
Bruce Barclay (R)
Robert Bauman (R)
Glenn Murphy, Jr. (R)
Roy Ashburn (R)
Roy Cohen (R)
George Reckers (R)

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events