Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,473,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This is pretty much it. He may have faced consequences for not helping, as it's his job to help.
Oh yeah; being in charge and all put him at the mercy of oversight from a higher authority just waiting to watch his behaviour should he have chosen to simply delegate help for the old racist coot.

Gotta love this chit. "It's just his job" to explain a man seen as behaving in exemplary fashion by anyone recognizing that as laud worthy.

It's truly a shame black vs white has assumed such a polarized situation. Division is taking one part and making it less by assigning smaller parts to it's components; It's a real pity 'addition' or 'multiplication' weren't the primary focus of your attentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 09:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,548,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Race is not an issue in this story. Everything is not about race, black, white, brown, blue, whatever.

The cop was doing his job.

He is paid to do his job.

Taxes enable the cop to receive a paycheck so he can get paid for doing his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Question to PC Nazis...would you not expect a cop to do his job he's paid to do if he disagrees with the behavior of someone that requires assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Good grief! The cop was doing his job. There's no story here, but if the picture makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over, find more picture books to look at. Have your mommies put bibs on you first so you don't droll all over yourselves.
Uh huh, yeah. You mean just like the pharmacists out there who refuse to sell the birth control because it's against their beliefs. Or the city clerks who refuse to give the same sex marriage licenses because it's against their beliefs. I bet in those circumstances you're dancing in a circle high fiving each other that those people refused to "do their jobs". God cons are so hypocritical it's sickening. Personally, it awesome that that POS racist had to have his ass handed to him on a platter by the very same people he would like to exterminate. If I were that cop I'd kick that guy so hard in his nuts he'd never recover. That cop is better than myself or most of you on this forum.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,473,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh, yeah. You mean just like the pharmacists out there who refuse to sell the birth control because it's against their beliefs. Or the city clerks who refuse to give the same sex marriage licenses because it's against their beliefs. I bet in those circumstances you're dancing in a circle high fiving each other that those people refused to "do their jobs". God cons are so hypocritical it's sickening. Personally, it awesome that that POS racist had to have his ass handed to him on a platter by the very same people he would like to exterminate. If I were that cop I'd kick that guy so hard in his nuts he'd never recover. That cop is better than myself or most of you on this forum.
That's what's setting him apart; the actual vision of him behaving in a manner OTHER than his protagonists. That old phart would have stepped over him on his way to the fountain or at the very least demanded he use the fountain behind the barn, had the roles been reversed. That cop, growing up in that system, knowing that, still rallied his moral imperatives to give the misanthropic throwback a helping hand.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:02 AM

50,744 posts, read 24,242,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Question to PC Nazis...would you not expect a cop to do his job he's paid to do if he disagrees with the behavior of someone that requires assistance.
To be honest, from a professional perspective, I would expect him to do his job. But from a real life perspective, how many people do we come across on a frequent basis who don't really do their jobs. I was a principal and had to fire a few teachers/educator and custodians who didn't really do their jobs. We've all had that waitress who didn't really do her job. Or the clerk in the grocery job who didn't really do his job. Etc.

Frankly, the guy appears to have been able to walk, so the cop could have kind of ignored him, until he actually passed out.

So to all those people who really give their job their all, thank you...especially when you conscientiously do a part of your job that maybe you don't really like at all.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,972,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh yeah; being in charge and all put him at the mercy of oversight from a higher authority just waiting to watch his behaviour should he have chosen to simply delegate help for the old racist coot.

Gotta love this chit. "It's just his job" to explain a man seen as behaving in exemplary fashion by anyone recognizing that as laud worthy.

It's truly a shame black vs white has assumed such a polarized situation. Division is taking one part and making it less by assigning smaller parts to it's components; It's a real pity 'addition' or 'multiplication' weren't the primary focus of your attentions.
People are free to be racists. They are free to be neo-Nazis. They are free to be in the KKK. They are free to march, they are free to assemble, they are free to say what they want. They are not free to threaten or go through with doing any harm.

The police officers are NOT free to deny help to anyone they don't like as it is their JOB to protect and serve. They get paid to help people. Had the cop been off-duty, or had he not been a cop at all, just some black guy, he could have bypassed a dying KKK member or whatever (people witness someone injured, dying, or actually being murdered all the time and just watch or keep walking - bystander effect), but as a police officer on duty he cannot NOT do his job. He HAS to help, no matter who the person is. It's simple. There's nothing more to it.

Can doctors denying treating drunk drivers at the hospital, who were injured after plowing their car into a minivan and killing any or all members of a family? No. Of course not. They don't condone that person's actions, they are probably disgusted, but they have a duty to help. It's their job. Can the COPS not provide the drunk driver medical attention just because he just killed four people? No. They have to. It's their jobs. They will all get in trouble if they do not do their jobs, no matter how horrible of a person the person they have to help is.

Had anybody, any cop, any EMT, firefighter, anybody who is supposed to help the public in their job, stood by while that man suffered heat stroke, and did nothing about it, just because he is a KKK member, and had that guy died because of it, they all would have been sued by the victim's family. That's just how it is.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:50 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,784,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How drool of you.

Condescending comments involving our "mommies" indicative of your best effort, are they?

It would seem that given the circumstances of that old phart wearing his "T" feelings on the subject and attending a racist rally complete with nice shiny para-booties, aren't lost on the public at large as 'they' are taking the photo viral. I think I see his similarly "T'd" wife struggling up the steps behind them. I wonder if she thinks the cops just doing his job?

That cop was the cop in charge of the safety at that event and as such could probably be sitting out the heat in a tent with a radio to watch old phart's take face-plants into the sod and have them all carted off using wheelbarrows. He CHOSE not to.

It would seem to be your contention all those who provide help to people while employed as cops, emt's, firemen, nurses are only doing what is expected of them and BECAUSE they're paid to?

Have yourself a great day secure in the knowledge that if you need help it will be there, because after all, you're paying for it.

That's an incredible dose of right on reality. I see the "I don't give a crap" mentality every day at work in the hospital. Just because someone is getting paid to do a job doesn't mean they aren't out some where hiding in a corner. Sad but true. I think the police officer did what he did because it was the right thing to do. Wouldn't it be amazing if we all learned to follow that example.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,972,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
That's an incredible dose of right on reality. I see the "I don't give a crap" mentality every day at work in the hospital. Just because someone is getting paid to do a job doesn't mean they aren't out some where hiding in a corner. Sad but true. I think the police officer did what he did because it was the right thing to do. Wouldn't it be amazing if we all learned to follow that example.
It was the right thing to do... yes. But it was the right thing to do because it's part of his job and he could have faced consequences for not helping a guy in need of help, regardless of who he is. At the worst, if the guy died and no one did anything about it because he's in the KKK, they were at risk of a lawsuit. This particular cop could have been accused of discrimination (ironic, huh?) and potentially fired.

Had this guy NOT been a cop, and saw a KKK member suffering on the sidewalk, and rushed over to help, that would be a perfect example of "it's the right thing to do" and putting aside racism and discrimination and history. We should all follow that example (but we should also follow the example of the guy doing his job properly ).

Old 07-20-2015, 10:59 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,407,270 times
i remember that episode of the jeffersons

Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
Yes, true. But this cop happens to be a high-ranking officer. He could've very easily had another officer go help this KKK member with the "F-him for being racist" mentality. Instead, he helped the man himself.
Yes, but thankfully most people of any race do the right thing when the time arises to step up. That is normal human nature, not this new-styled race war the media and internet peanut gallery are trying to push for ratings and 'feel-good outrage'.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM

18,120 posts, read 25,258,648 times
The Christian community (700 Club?) should be celebrating this police officer

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events