Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:48 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times

Advertisements

Unquestionably tragic for those young women and their grieving families. I must say though that some of the blame must be placed at the Limo driver for attempting a U turn when obviously there was a vehicle in sight coming straight at him with a flashing caution (yellow) light but not a flashing red stop light and signs that cross traffic had at that intersection. Of course, the drunk driver deservedly shoulders nearly all the blame here, but if the Limo driver was more cautious and didn't go ahead and pull out into the direction of travel of the pickup then this specific accident likely would not have happened
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 12:50 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times
55, DWi resulting in multiple deaths. This guy is not going to see the outside of a prison ever again.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:51 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Tragic.

What a selfish moron this driver was.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:53 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times
I remember causing a car accident while younger, they have since put up a light there. But many time I see cars blocking view of other cars and there is no visibility in making left turns.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This guy has quite a safety track record:

"In January 2014, Romeo, who is the co-owner of Romeo Dimon Marine Services was operating a skid steer loader when a bucket fell off the truck and killed 30-year-old Andrew Leone after striking him in the head....
Police ruled that incident a tragic accident and Romeo and his business partner Kris Dimon were fined $28,000 for four 'serious' safety violations according to the Suffolk Times.
Romeo and Dimon are still currently facing a lawsuit regarding Leone's death.
Read more: Long Island women killed in limo trip by 'drunk driver' pictured | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BUT it also appears the intersection and the winery location have also been cause for concern:

"The state revoked Vineyard 48's liquor license in late 2013.
The Cutchogue winery vowed to appeal the decision to State Supreme Court at the time.
Bill Shipman, whose house is across the road from the winery and saw Saturday's accident, lauded the decision to take away the license and warned about the possibility of a fatality in the future.
He said Saturday: 'This is the thing we've complained about since 2010 and it still goes on every week.
'They block the lanes of traffic and back up to make their turns. It's a disaster. I've said a limo is going to get T-boned here.'"

Wow. Thanks for adding this. That POS should fry.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:11 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Unquestionably tragic for those young women and their grieving families. I must say though that some of the blame must be placed at the Limo driver for attempting a U turn when obviously there was a vehicle in sight coming straight at him with a flashing caution (yellow) light but not a flashing red stop light and signs that cross traffic had at that intersection. Of course, the drunk driver deservedly shoulders nearly all the blame here, but if the Limo driver was more cautious and didn't go ahead and pull out into the direction of travel of the pickup then this specific accident likely would not have happened
Apparently that is the procedure all the limos who take folks to this winery use, that's why the neighbors were predicting something like this happening.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:13 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
This story reminded me of the incident in 2013 when a limo carrying a bunch of women (also part of a bridal shower I believe) caught on fire in San Francisco, and several of them could not escape because the back door wouldn't unlock. In that case, the bride was among those who died.

Its hard to imagine what it would be like for the friends and families to deal with such a tragedy. Weddings are a time of happiness and celebration, and then to be planning a bunch of funerals, and most of them probably know each others' families... it would be horrific.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:14 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I remember causing a car accident while younger, they have since put up a light there. But many time I see cars blocking view of other cars and there is no visibility in making left turns.
This happens in my town too. There is no parking on weekends and the pay lots charge a fortune so people try to park in the yellow area at the very ends of the street...then I come along in my little 2-door car trying to go straight across and I have to practically get in the middle of the intersection before I can see traffic coming from the left. It happens even more so now that we have a Starbucks, people double park like crazy cause the Shoobs can't live without their Starbucks.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:10 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
I agree and you can add Veteran to that list.. According to the Pentagon 85% never serve in a combat situation..But all are Glamorized as though they are saving My Freedom by sitting in Alaska or Germany or Texas.. etc etc etc We have not won a war since WWII ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
it's a super sad story but why does everyone always mention if someone was beautiful or handsome as if that makes a diff in the story? not just this one, happens all the time. or if there's a wildfire near "beautiful houses"...why??? this just gets on my nerves...anyway, very tragic story

Old 07-20-2015, 05:23 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
it's a super sad story but why does everyone always mention if someone was beautiful or handsome as if that makes a diff in the story? not just this one, happens all the time. or if there's a wildfire near "beautiful houses"...why??? this just gets on my nerves...anyway, very tragic story
It's mentioned because it's human nature....beauty is a quality that people admire & are drawn to. It's how we are made. Nothing nefarious, or unusual about it. Berating people for expressing this human emotion is typical of the degraded times we are dwelling in.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 07-20-2015 at 05:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events