Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 AM

34,847 posts, read 30,922,246 times

Advertisements

Sure you didn't deceive anyone because they couldn't possibly mistake you for an AA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 17 days ago)

34,490 posts, read 16,576,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
She sued a black college for discrimination and then decided that it would be more profitable to pretend to be black in her pursuit of power/money/fame. It almost worked!
I am a white Jewish lawyer who has worked productively for 31+ years and is now out of work. I had thought of setting up a LinkedIn page under a name like "Tayisha Washington" and choosing a female picture of someone who looked around 38, or 20 years younger than me, and using it to seek work.

I would never actually go to an interview as "Tayisha Washington" but I would respond to presumably receptive responses under my real name and either embarrass or sue the ageist and racist "employers." Sort of the reverse of what the USDOJ did by sending out phony black "customers" to bigoted landlords, house sellers or real estate brokers after the civil rights laws were passed.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,969,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am a white Jewish lawyer who has worked productively for 31+ years and is now out of work. I had thought of setting up a LinkedIn page under a name like "Tayisha Washington" and choosing a female picture of someone who looked around 38, or 20 years younger than me, and using it to seek work.

I would never actually go to an interview as "Tayisha Washington" but I would respond to presumably receptive responses under my real name and either embarrass or sue the ageist and racist "employers." Sort of the reverse of what the USDOJ did by sending out phony black "customers" to bigoted landlords, house sellers or real estate brokers after the civil rights laws were passed.
very interesting idea. i would like to see it tried.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 AM

625 posts, read 620,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Uh, the one deceived was Rachel. She's still living in the Land of Denial but hey, it's her life she can live it however she wants.

I predict:

1) A cheesy short-lived talk show

2) A cheesy short-lived "reality" show (what's like to REALLY be black in a white world, because after all as she's stated multiple times, "I've gone there and lived the experience," which sounds more like a performance art statement than anything else.

3) A spread in Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler or all of them

4) A sex tape that she'll protest heavily about, but will make $$$ off of

5) A book

6) A movie (Lifetime type)

7) LOTS of magazine, tabloid interviews and shocking appearances and photos via tabloid/gossip websites

8) A shot at a clothing line (for white girls with that special sumthin sumthin that they just can't find currently)

9) A line of hair products and/or wigs and weaves

10) And finally, the true sign, that she's a pop phenomenon with a full 15 minutes of American fame: A youtube video.. a white girl version of Twerkit, Shake Yur Rump or Salt Shaker, A*s like that or Bubble Butt.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 17 days ago)

34,490 posts, read 16,576,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

very interesting idea. i would like to see it tried.
I have to check ethics rules first before doing something that could get me in trouble with a grievance committee. I'm not sure that a "shamed" law firm wouldn't get vindictive.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:18 AM

3,394 posts, read 6,043,426 times
I think she's crazy, she should be put in a straight jacket in a room with padded walls. Anyone who has to make up such a grand hoax because they didn't like who they really are is someone with serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
She's delusional, but did she really hurt anyone?
She benefited and probably took away benefits from someone it was actually designed for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
She made the NAACP look even more ridiculous.
That's hard to do.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:49 AM

625 posts, read 620,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I think she's crazy, she should be put in a straight jacket in a room with padded walls. Anyone who has to make up such a grand hoax because they didn't like who they really are is someone with serious issues.

She benefited and probably took away benefits from someone it was actually designed for.

That's hard to do.
That's pretty harsh, isn't it? Yes, she was deceptive. Yes, she made poor choices, but a straight jacket?

Lots of people pretend to be things they are not:

Good parents and happy, good spouses when they are having affairs or secretly miserable but stay together for kids or money

Righteous religious leaders

Perfect kids trying to get straight A's, play the right sports, be in enough clubs to get into the "right" college to keep Mom & Dad happy, to win approval

Straight when gay

Heterosexual when (maybe) homosexual, bisexual or transgender

Good corporate employee secretly seething with anger and frustration

Dolezal's deception was somewhat more unique in our society, but hardly puts her in the "needs to be in a State Mental Hospital category".

Lots of folks are going thru life wearing a mask or living contrary to their core beliefs. It's just a defense mechanism for (emotional) survival for some people.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:11 PM

9,789 posts, read 11,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Man, I'm glad I didn't meet her in College and have 2 kids.

Wonder if that would make our kids Bi Racial?
LOL
Thanks for making me spit coffee all over my computer

Old 07-21-2015, 01:28 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,211,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I agree she used deception to get her position of power.
I agree. Now she has a job styling black hair, doing extensions and braids. I think she is seriously disturbed and a fraud.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:12 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,039,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Uh, the one deceived was Rachel. She's still living in the Land of Denial but hey, it's her life she can live it however she wants.

I predict:

1) A cheesy short-lived talk show

2) A cheesy short-lived "reality" show (what's like to REALLY be black in a white world, because after all as she's stated multiple times, "I've gone there and lived the experience," which sounds more like a performance art statement than anything else.

3) A spread in Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler or all of them

4) A sex tape that she'll protest heavily about, but will make $$$ off of

5) A book

6) A movie (Lifetime type)

7) LOTS of magazine, tabloid interviews and shocking appearances and photos via tabloid/gossip websites

8) A shot at a clothing line (for white girls with that special sumthin sumthin that they just can't find currently)

9) A line of hair products and/or wigs and weaves

10) And finally, the true sign, that she's a pop phenomenon with a full 15 minutes of American fame: A youtube video.. a white girl version of Twerkit, Shake Yur Rump or Salt Shaker, A*s like that or Bubble Butt.
You can see the future!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events