U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,782 posts, read 2,439,352 times
Reputation: 4982

Advertisements

Dolezal on being black: 'I didn't deceive anybody' - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Washington State
18,438 posts, read 9,548,793 times
Reputation: 15731
That poor girl needs the kind of psychoanalysis that only an expert like Freud could explain. Now that it pays to be black in scholarships, university admission, jobs, etc...how many more will claim to be black? Maybe just alternate transracial as the benefit to being one or the other is identified. I'm thinking about going black for a few months to get some of that Honda loan money myself.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 07-20-2015 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,460,873 times
Reputation: 27565
Instead of dissing her the White people in America should be thanking her.
She paved the way for all of us to be Black should the need arise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,782 posts, read 2,439,352 times
Reputation: 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That poor girl needs the kind of psychoanalysis that only an expert like Freud could explain. Now that it pays to be black in scholarships, university admission, jobs, etc...how many more will claim to be black? Maybe just alternate transracial as the benefit to being one or the other is identified. I'm thinking about going black for a few months to get some of that Honda loan money myself.
I agree she used deception to get her position of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,782 posts, read 2,439,352 times
Reputation: 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Instead of dissing her the White people in America should be thanking her.
She paved the way for all of us to be Black should the need arise.
Well, I mean I understand supposed "race dysphoria"---but wouldn't that be more cultural than psychological??? Clearly, she wasn't cutting it as a Slovak so she invented herself into someone different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,968 posts, read 36,594,800 times
Reputation: 38542
Man, I'm glad I didn't meet her in College and have 2 kids.

Wonder if that would make our kids Bi Racial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,460,873 times
Reputation: 27565
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Well, I mean I understand supposed "race dysphoria"---but wouldn't that be more cultural than psychological??? Clearly, she wasn't cutting it as a Slovak so she invented herself into someone different.
Rachel claiming she's Black is no different then a boy claiming he's a girl.

It's like what folks say about transgenders..it's what is in your head that counts, not your physical appearance.

It's all about self-identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,876 posts, read 42,076,783 times
Reputation: 43275
She's got a first class ticket on the crazy train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,782 posts, read 2,439,352 times
Reputation: 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Rachel claiming she's Black is no different then a boy claiming he's a girl.

It's like what folks say about transgenders..it's what is in your head that counts, not your physical appearance.

It's all about self-identity.

I don't know, with the gender issue I believe there are a number of plausible reasons for gender dysphoria. I do wonder if it's the mother's exposure to certain chemicals in the environment. OR I do believe personalities are inherited.


I don't think people have gender dysphoria for their own personal gain. I think Rachel had "dysphoria" to get ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
4,761 posts, read 6,432,753 times
Reputation: 5271
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
She's got a first class ticket on the crazy train.
I think she's going to wind up being the conductor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top