Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you back her ?
Yes 210 80.46%
No 51 19.54%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 07:30 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,453 times

Advertisements

ya know, as a firm believer that all kids should come with a large black plastic bag with instructions for use, if needed, it's probably a good thing I was not in that restaurant at the same time this was going on. The parents should have been given one request to quiet the child or remove her from the restaurant. I don't agree with all the pc crap going on in this country. Not at all. I, too, was brought up with a quick backlash from my parents when I misbehaved. Second request was a quick back hand across my face. That would shut me up...oh, and no crying aloud. We were very well behaved children and could be taken anywhere with no worries. We didn't have 'time outs'...we had spankings that you soon didn't forget. Our society is a mess and it's only getting worse.
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 07:33 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,453 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't blame the children either but my point was that I think the incidences of terribly behaved children are way overblown. People seem to think the minute a child starts crying they should be whisked away lest the delicate general public be somehow hurt by the sound.
that is exactly what should be done. Or, I can hand my check to the parents and tell them since they ruined my meal they can pay for it.
Koale

Old 07-23-2015, 07:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Mom sounds way more sensible, intelligent, diplomatic and sane than Neugebauer.
Well of course she does....after the fact.

Remember this "WAY more sensible, intelligent, diplomatic and sane" mother did nothing to restrain her misbehaving child in a public venue while others were forced to sit and simmer.

The restaurant owner knows she goofed and is now defending her position with a good blitzkrieg offense while the mother ALSO aware she's goofed is NOW using common sense and bullcrap to portray herself in a better light. One's a better actor.

What would you have expected after the fact?

Old 07-23-2015, 07:47 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
I don't blame the children either but my point was that I think the incidences of terribly behaved children are way overblown. People seem to think the minute a child starts crying they should be whisked away lest the delicate general public be somehow hurt by the sound.
Magritte, respectfully, this wasn't the norm, nor was it about a baby that had just started to cry....

Please read the reports....for yourself....this went on for 40 minutes, even 10 minutes would have been enough for me....

I've seen throughout this post, that people are thinking this was a normal situation with normal parents and a kid weeping a little....not so....

Old 07-23-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well of course she does....after the fact.

Remember this "WAY more sensible, intelligent, diplomatic and sane" mother did nothing to restrain her misbehaving child in a public venue while others were forced to sit and simmer.

The restaurant owner knows she goofed and is now defending her position with a good blitzkrieg offense while the mother ALSO aware she's goofed is NOW using common sense and bullcrap to portray herself in a better light. One's a better actor.

What would you have expected after the fact?
I also heard her say, (the restaurant owner) that she was probably wrong for yelling, but at the same time, it was enough, 40 minutes of a kid screaming is enough to get to anyone.

I don't blame her, truthfully, if it had been me, I'd have not waited 40 minutes...and screamed....I came from a generation where people gave their permission to discipline their kids...it was acceptable, everyone worked together to raise good kids. Neighbors knew each other, and their kids....we played at each other's homes, and I even baby sat for people at times....

It was a whole different world then...

Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,522,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
that is exactly what should be done. Or, I can hand my check to the parents and tell them since they ruined my meal they can pay for it.
Koale
If your phone rings, you cough, you sneeze, or talk too loudly, expect to see a bill from me and you better get out asap.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:58 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Koale
If the kid really did cry for 40 minutes with absolutely nothing done about it, I as a customer at the least would have said something to the parents. I probably would not have been very friendly and probably would have offered them the chance to pay my bill, knowing they won't take me up on it (because let's be honest, they didn't realize the distraction their kid was being, why would they want to apologize for it?), I would just ask anyway to be an a**hole at that point - and that is my right if I wish.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If the kid really did cry for 40 minutes with absolutely nothing done about it, I as a customer at the least would have said something to the parents. I probably would not have been very friendly and probably would have offered them the chance to pay my bill, knowing they won't take me up on it (because let's be honest, they didn't realize the distraction their kid was being, why would they want to apologize for it?), I would just ask anyway to be an a**hole at that point - and that is my right if I wish.
Same situation happened to my cousin, and she went over and very nicely asked the mother to take the kid outside...the woman was shocked, but did so...my cousin said, the woman wasn't even aware that it bothered anyone...? They are so used to it...but my cousin had her father out for lunch, who is almost 90, and older people cannot stand that screaming...I'm telling you, it's really annoying....and they shouldn't have to put up with it, they raised their own kids years ago.....

Old 07-23-2015, 08:36 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't blame her, truthfully, if it had been me, I'd have not waited 40 minutes...and screamed....I came from a generation where people gave their permission to discipline their kids...it was acceptable, everyone worked together to raise good kids. Neighbors knew each other, and their kids....we played at each other's homes, and I even baby sat for people at times....

...FYI you were the generation that raised the current generation of parents who are raising the young children disturbing your early bird special. Where did you go wrong?

Old 07-23-2015, 08:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I also heard her say, (the restaurant owner) that she was probably wrong for yelling, but at the same time, it was enough, 40 minutes of a kid screaming is enough to get to anyone.

I hear that and pushing 70 myself can only ask: "what the heck happened"? In just a few short decades we've gone from a society where parents were damned if their children would be responsible for bringing any kind of shame upon them and ALL parents were like that.....to a society where all too many parents DARE you to show your displeasure at their kids bad behaviour.

It's come to a truly confrontational time where no one seems content unless they are getting attention through making their presence known and challenging us to address their bad behaviour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events