Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you back her ?
Yes 210 80.46%
No 51 19.54%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:54 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
I don't blame the children either but my point was that I think the incidences of terribly behaved children are way overblown. People seem to think the minute a child starts crying they should be whisked away lest the delicate general public be somehow hurt by the sound.
This thread is about a situation that happened....that made International news...so everyone is giving their inputs and sharing stories of what happened to them, including me...

Yes, there are terribly behaved children in this world...and for me, there have been way more great kids then bad ones, unfortunately you remember the bad experiences more so, when something like this comes up.
No one is stating they are annoyed the moment a child starts to cry....but when people go to a movie, or out in public, and especially when they pay for something, they don't expect to have to sit there and hear someone's child crying....

I will say, once I was at a movie, where a baby started to cry, and the parents walked the child out...but my question is, why bring a baby in the first place...to a movie?

Then another time I was there, and the parents rolled the carriage down the isle and left it remain in the isle, and you didn't hear a word out of the child...would I take a baby to the movies, no...but that's me...

I'm just saying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 10:54 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, you made it sound that way, its not a plot at all and anything you disagree with your going to take to the next level....

wait, you still have time and when it happens, "remember this thread"
I won't remember this thread. I'll shake my head for a second and move on.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
that is exactly what should be done. Or, I can hand my check to the parents and tell them since they ruined my meal they can pay for it.
Koale
After just a few minutes? I don't think so. If you are that sensitive to noise you should eat at home. I mean honestly, I have had to listen to conversations from other tables, burps, farts, sneezing, coughing (hacking), arguing, cursing. You know why? Because I am around other people. I can't control what everyone else does nor do I wish to.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I won't remember this thread. I'll shake my head for a second and move on.
but what if you can't move on and your sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a meal with friends and someone's child starts screaming...and it goes on and on....then what? I'm not talking about crying...for a few moments, I'm saying the child, is screaming....? what would you do...and you haven't gotten your meal yet?

I didn't do anything, wanted to, but people in the place were really mad, looking at each other making faces and comments....

Old 07-23-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well of course she does....after the fact.

Remember this "WAY more sensible, intelligent, diplomatic and sane" mother did nothing to restrain her misbehaving child in a public venue while others were forced to sit and simmer.
How do you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The restaurant owner knows she goofed and is now defending her position with a good blitzkrieg offense while the mother ALSO aware she's goofed is NOW using common sense and bullcrap to portray herself in a better light. One's a better actor.

What would you have expected after the fact?
Good blitzkrieg offense? This is one of her latest status updates:

Quote:
Wow! Who knew calling out ****ty parenting made you a bully? Whatever. ....
For the record! I'm a foul-mouthed ***** with a short fuse! Sarcastic, blunt, brutally honest & real. My boy Jesse's mother called this morning...she said "Darla, I can't believe you didn't yell "shut the f*#@ up" See, everyone knows that's my favorite word. Always has been. ...Lava soup didn't even make me stop saying it!. But the fact is MY DINER....MY RULES The only thing I am sorry for is that child has to grow up with such terrible parents I have a lot of great kids that eat here.....sometimes they do have a bad day & mom or dad takes them outside no one enjoys dinning with screaming of any kind.....and after 40 min of her, 2 minutes of me..peace was restored! As far as I am concerned. ..Won & done!
Wednesday's specials. .SHAVED ham & chz omelet. Chocolate chip / banana pancakes & crantastic salad wraps for lunch. Chocolate chip muffins & tomato soup
No phone orders thanks to all you funny guys calling for 3 pancakes...Oh & for the pancake party on the 31st bring cash! No credits here! Or I'll get to hang out with your kid while you go get money! Hope you all have a great day
She sounds like a goddamned lunatic.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:59 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
but what if you can't move on and your sitting in a restaurant, enjoying a meal with friends and someone's child starts screaming...and it goes on and on....then what? I'm not talking about crying...for a few moments, I'm saying the child, is screaming....? what would you do...and you haven't gotten your meal yet?

I didn't do anything, wanted to, but people in the place were really mad, looking at each other making faces and comments....
What if my Aunt had a penis? Would she be my Uncle?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Magritte, respectfully, this wasn't the norm, nor was it about a baby that had just started to cry....

Please read the reports....for yourself....this went on for 40 minutes, even 10 minutes would have been enough for me....

I've seen throughout this post, that people are thinking this was a normal situation with normal parents and a kid weeping a little....not so....
I've read the reports and I do not believe this child was screaming for 40 minutes.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Never have I witnessed anything even close to this scenario which is why I don't believe the owner.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Never have I witnessed anything even close to this scenario which is why I don't believe the owner.
well, unfortunately I have, and that is why I do believe her...

Old 07-23-2015, 11:13 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,763 times
Quote:
I would tend to believe, the person who votes that they wouldn't back this restaurant owner is perfectly fine with their kid screaming like this, and ruining everyone else's time there...

a perfect example of what kind of parent not to be.
No.

The right thing for her to do would be to politely ask parents to either calm their child down or leave.

Screaming at someone else's two year old child and scaring her is inexcusable for an adult. She behaved like a spoiled child herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events