Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 10:46 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Inverness? I doubt a single Muslim lives there...
LOL

Yeah very unlikely. That place is super rural, in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I wonder how he discerns who is Muslim and who isn't. Is it by there dress, the color of there skin, facial features. I would love it a few white Muslims bought guns from him and then posted videos thanking him for selling them guns on online.
No one is gonna bother going there, only a few confederates live in the area. I actually got lost there once. It's actually scary, not because of its people but because of its lack of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
You people calling this guy an idiot are the idiots. This guy just got free publicity with this stunt. He knows his target customers and will receive increased business because of this statement. He can say he won't sell to muslims all he wants, perfectly legal until muslims show up to buy, pass a background check, and he refuses to sell to them based upon their religion and then it becomes a possible illegal act. Until this happens, he can say whatever he wants and he'll get increased business from his target customers.
Increased business? LOL. Maybe if he was located in Orlando or Tampa.

Inverness, FL is in the middle of nowhere and its population is 7k. His customer base is not gonna change because he is probably the only gun store in the area.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 PM

10 posts, read 8,400 times
Default If Muslims are banned, then whites should be banned, too.

Judging by the numbers of white mass murderers, he should ban whites too.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:06 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I wonder how he discerns who is Muslim and who isn't. Is it by there dress, the color of there skin, facial features. I would love it a few white Muslims bought guns from him and then posted videos thanking him for selling them guns on online.
Offer them pork ribs and a beer while standing on an image of the pervert prophet...if they say no, assume they are Muslim.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:35 AM

6,768 posts, read 5,480,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He's breaking the law. You can't ban people of religions you don't like from coming in your store any more than you could ban certain races.
Or sexual orientation. Or any other restriction in the list of gov't non-discrimination list.

Unless one is an exclusive Fee-paid membership only business, YOU ARE OPEN TO SERVE THE PUBLIC!

THAT should be a LAW.

FOR EXAMPLE: Just because Hans Fritz Yoder in the Amish community did something bad, would you want to ban all Amish? They are a peace-loving people who forgives, as in the case of the gun attack at a Pennsylvania Amish school a few years ago. They immediately announce that they forgave their aggressor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_school_shooting

Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Unless one is an exclusive Fee-paid membership only business, YOU ARE OPEN TO SERVE THE PUBLIC!

THAT should be a LAW.

No it shouldn't. A privately-owned business should be able to decide whether or not it wants to trade with any particular customer.

By contrast, publicly-owned businesses (the Post Office, for example) should be required to do business with anyone who can afford to purchase their products and/or services.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:21 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Florida gun store: "We're a Muslim free zone..."

And an intelligence free zone as well

Old 07-22-2015, 07:52 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Pointing out the truth is not prejudice. If you simply don't like hearing the truth, then that's a different story. Please name another people who hate as many different groups as white Americans do.

Every group in my experience. White Americans are no different - but they, historically, had more power. They were the ruling group in the most powerful country on earth. So their prejudices are more apparent and more iniquitous because of they have more consequence.

Having travelled and lived very widely in this world (I wasn't born in America) I have found virtually every society I lived in to be both prejudiced and xenophobic. The level of self-awareness about this was also very variable. I'm interested in knowing where exactly you have lived in the world, and how you account for the errors of information bias? America, being what it is with a free press, has a very clear and present discussion about race and racism. A lot of it is in the open, and more so every year with new technology. Children are taught in elementary school about US slavery, and the civil rights movement is still present, memorialized in days off and more. We see racism at work. Compared to every other country I've lived in, with the exception of the treatment in Germany of its Nazi past (which is also very clear and open compared to say, what Japan teaches its children about WWII, what Russia teaches etc.), all this is relatively in the open - it is not discussed in other places, it is not even acknowledged that it is suppressed, it doesn't;t enter the consciousness.

Do not confuse lack of effect from prejudice (from lack of power of the group having the prejudice) with lack of prejudice itself. Prejudice and xenophobia are spread out everywhere in every culture and ethnicity. Its effects tho, if that group are disempowered, are invisible.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:00 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
White Americans could easily be described as the most hateful people on the planet. So many of them hate blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and Muslims. What a way to live.

You seem naïve. Do you know how many Asian and Hispanic parents balk at their daughters brining home a black man? Do you know how many black people would be aghast at the idea of having to move to an all white community? Do you know what many Korean think of Mexicans?

You're confusing the spotlight on white racism (as it should be, they are still the dominant socio-economic group so the priority is to fix them - because their racism is the most damaging) with the incidence of racism in the group.

Yes you could easily describe them that way, but one would guess you really aren't parsing it well.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
Florida gun store: We're a 'Muslim-free' zone after... | www.wsbtv.com

Something tells me that there weren't a whole lot of Muslims coming to this guys store in the first place. Video in the link pretty much confirms that.

A stupid and illegal sales pitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events