Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:19 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,408,535 times

Advertisements

There are stories of people leaping to their death sober. I guess being sober is also dangerous. To the liquor bar! No one has ever leaped to their death on liquor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 04:33 PM

920 posts, read 927,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I would NEVER take a pill for anxiety, but that's just me. For some, it's beneficial, but I hate taking any medication unless I absolutely need it. Hell, on the rare occasion that I get a headache, I will take ONE Advil (where directions usually call for one or two), and then there are folks that pop 3 to 4!
I agree, it is usually best to avoid medication. Seems there are natural remedies for anxiety but he really has more issues than anxiety, it's more like crippling panic attacks. That I just figured out a few days ago... he calls it being "scared" for no reason. HIs heart rate goes up, I mean for no reason at all. Nothing he is thinking about causes it, it just comes on. Gotta be terribly bad for the system. It's been 2 years now.

I mean the whole thing seems so bizarre to me but he just isn't a kid that lies. And he's such a hard worker, this is so opposite his personality. I am pretty desperate to get him back, so whatever slows that brain down so it can heal itself, I am for it.

Quote:
I don't advocate giving it to minors, and for the most part recreationally it should be treated like alcohol with age restrictions. However; there are always exception! If my son had a crippling disease that cannabis would help with substantially, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to him, if it means improving his quality of life as well as potentially saving it! And I won't hesitate to sit in a jail cell over it, because that is my kid, and I will do what is best for him, so those that make silly laws such as those surrounding cannabis can go to hell! I also have a neighbor who has a son that is now in his mid to late 20s. When he was a teenager he got lymphoma, and used cannabis to fight the negative side effects from the chemo, and other nasty drugs. To this day he is in great shape, and still cancer free. I sum it up to this. Cancer drugs tend to cause nausea, while cannabis causes the munchies. Well, if those drugs are wreaking havoc on your body while trying to fight the cancer, then getting the munchies via cannabis can only be a good thing, right? Munchies, means more food intake, which also means more nutrients, which makes for improving the immune system. It ain't rocket science! Yeah I know, some will say "they make steroids for that!" Why, when there is a natural, and much more benign solution?

At any rate, hopefully in the next 5 years prohibition throughout this land will have died a long deserved death, and we don't have to worry about our livelihoods being destroyed for consuming or possessing a plant! I mean, isn't 70 plus years of a failed policy enough?
yeah overall we think the same. Pretty bad diseases, many people do well using cannabis. More power to them. As long as it truly is medicinal, there is no reason to discriminate against plant based products which are healthier than BIG Pharma generally, overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events