Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And these arguments are about as nutty as the shooter. You might seek help before you get to deep and go off.
Maybe we at CD should pull him off the ledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not surprising now the facts are out.

quotes:
He regularly appeared on a local television show, appearing opposite a Democrat as a radical Republican railing against women in the workplace.

He wrote on one online forum: "Hitler is loved for the results of his pragmatism."

Houser flew a large Confederate flag on a flagpole outside his house.

Theater gunman built reputation as an angry provocateur
You don't do things because you belong to a group you do things because of what you, as an individual, are made of.

This thread is no different than the threads bashing minorities because a person of color did something illegal.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:09 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Maybe they're test tube babies grown in CIA labs. But, instead of being grown in test tubes, maybe they're grown in gun barrels.
Make fun of it if you want, but the information is well documented for those who want to open their eyes. But I'm sure you didn't even bother to watch either video. You'd rather remain ignorantly blissful, but ignorance is bliss only for a while.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:11 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
Quote:
I used to view the American right wing as more of a domestic taliban that hijacks and perverts the local religion for political gain, but you make a strong case for the American right wing as the new nazi equivalent. You make very strong valid points.
Some day maybe people will start understanding it's not a "right wing" vs "left wing" thing. The right and the left are just two power hungry factions of the same elite. The name of the game for both is to centralize power and control.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:24 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
What attitude that women are inferior to men? Sorry, but I always preferred the idea of getting somewhere in life on my own merits, not because someone "had to" meet their quota for women. What you call women's rights, I find demeaning to women. It's the left that considers us delicate flowers needing Congress to enact special laws to protect us

27% is a minority, yes, but a significant one.

I am one of "them" and I do not hate gays nor have any problem with gay marriage. Again with the false equivalence of opposition gay marriage to hating gays.
Of course your going to find some excuse or reason that justifies how Republicans are seen when dealing with women's rights. Your going to use smoke and mirrors to deflect their entire History with the War on women, into a singular item, like a "Quota?" Nope, ain't happening. You know exactly what I am talking
about. Women's rights and equality, not that some women are like men and are capable of kicking a mans butt. .

There is no such thing as a "Significant" minority. I think your confusing that with an "Insignificant" minority.

I know, I know, you don't hate Gays, and its your "Religious" beliefs. I rate that right up there with "the voices in my head" said....

Old 07-26-2015, 08:09 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,748 times
Quote:
And these arguments are about as nutty as the shooter. You might seek help before you get to deep and go off.
Ad hominem attacks contribute nothing to the debate. They only do what internet debates are famous for. They make the debate go in circles, with each side attacking the other, and none using logic or reason. It's pathetic that anyone has to point that out to anyone. Everyone with an ounce of common sense already knows it.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:07 AM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
The topic remains TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVE who by the way is (fortunately) dead, thus it would be hard for him to "crave" anything.
Aside from being a troll, you clearly are dense as well. Keep making the case all you want that this maggot is a tea party right wing nut job who represents every (R) on the planet. My point is do not list his name while doing so. Sure he is dead, but likely expected/hoped the media, you and others would make him infamous.

More importantly, other unhinged nuts out there do crave their 15 minutes, but know they are losers, and the only way to accomplish it is by doing some horrific act of violence.
I'd be saying the exact same thing is it was a left wing nut job, as that has nothing to do with my point.

If you don't get it now, I give up trying to get it through your thick skull.

`

Old 07-27-2015, 12:35 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't do things because you belong to a group you do things because of what you, as an individual, are made of.
And people both belong to a a group AND do those horrible things because of what they are the group they decided to be part of and sometimes are incited into said horrendous violence by the group rhetoric. This would apply to both dylann roof and tea party conservative john houser. (and the Chattanooga islamist nutcase)

They don't just flip out and start killing people in a vacuum.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:25 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,742 times
Quote:
As racist as the Democratic party has been over the years, I figured he was a Democrat.

Had to be since many of them are outright crazy.
You have to either be living in a time warp or lacking in understanding that it wasn't the political party where average Joe Bigot has always stood, yet the political aisle as where they stood. That would be the right-wing conservative aisle then, and the right-wing conservative aisle now. LOL how the line is blurred by the rhetoric of modern day bigots talking the party of Lincoln talk.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:27 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Of course they are. Most are exactly like that. Maybe not that extreme but peas in the same pod. Republicans have always waged War against women, where anti-equal pay in the workplace, been extreme pro life, and have always hated Gays. So where s the difference, except in how extreme they are? This guy is yours, and like Republicans like to claim everything Bad is the "Left" this clown is definitely "Right" and the Right doesn't like the same medicine they dish out to "Leftists." What was that old saying? What goes around comes around?

This guy was just one step more extreme to the right than a Tea Party Member.
As a conservative woman, with many gay friends, I'm telling you that you need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events