U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 12:18 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,637,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
It's haterade time.
No sorry, that was from about 2004-08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 12:56 PM

32,471 posts, read 16,628,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well enough said. We all know how Paul Krugman adores Obama.

Well I advise you to read the article because Krugman DID say this.
That turns out not to be the case.

Quote:
Obama has emerged as one of the most consequential and, yes, successful presidents...

Read more: In Defense of Obama | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Not "the most successful".

Old 07-26-2015, 01:43 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,242,702 times
I think I like this cover better.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:52 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,505,491 times
"Iff'n I had a son, I would name him Rolling Stoned."

-- Barack Who'sSane? Obama

Rolling Stone. The same magazine that probably thinks Kim Kardashian would make a great hedge fund manager, because, like, she's really, like so smart.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:56 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,407,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Come on, dude, you didn't know Paul Krugman is like, the smartest person ever in the whole world!?!
Of course he is. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:39 PM

2,748 posts, read 3,339,378 times
Not the best. Not the worst. Would have been better without the lousy, obstructionist Republican congress.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:56 PM

9,332 posts, read 4,282,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

Actually, I applaud them, and could not agree more.
So you also think he is the most successful in history?
Heck that is better than even his own narcissistic assessment of himself.

Yes, jump on the bandwagon of an such intelligent news sources like Rolling Stone to agree with their opinion. I guess a magazine who had the Boston bomber on the cover is just fine with you as well.

Personally I believe he has been one of the most inept leaders of all time, and certainly worse than any in my lifetime. Unlike either Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan, this guy doesn't even understand what pragmatic means, much less being capable of it. Both Reagan & Clinton faced off against hostile majorities in Congress, yet still managed to get a lot accomplished. Obama doesn't even have an ounce of leadership either one of those two had.

He has also been the most divisive president in my lifetime, having been a professional rabble rouser, and taking that national as president. He and his minions have set race relations back in this country at least a few decades.

So keep smoking your dope and following RS as your go to news source. I'm sure it has and will continue to work out well for you.

`

Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM

32,471 posts, read 16,628,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Rolling Stone. The same magazine that probably thinks Kim Kardashian would make a great hedge fund manager, because, like, she's really, like so smart.
Oh yes, Rolling Stone looove the Kardashians: If you feel you must attack the messenger by strawman, do try to remember that this is the magazine that started Hunter S. Thompson and P.J. O'Rourke, among others. They may not be of your political stripe, but they're not a vapid celebrity-worship magazine, either.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:10 PM

429 posts, read 376,213 times
Hey if we can give Regan false credit for Ending the cold war, and dismiss his destruction of the middle class in America, not to mention his administration role in the Crack epidemic. Then we should be able to give Obama credit for things he ACTUALLY accomplished like the finding and killing of Osama.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:11 PM

429 posts, read 376,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
If he had a son he would look just like Trayvon Martin.
Yes lets continue to show ignorance and low IQ by mocking a innocent young mans murder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events