U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:52 AM

13,668 posts, read 8,580,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Dear God, the fake video b/s is NOT THE REAL ISSUE. The real issue is that they were running guns to Ansar al-Sharia through the Benghazi embassy to destablize the remnants of the Qaddafi regime. Who cares about some stupid video lie? She armed al-Qaeda affiliates, got rid of one of the last secular Arab dictators, and paved the way for the creation of a Salafist state. Who gives a flying you know what about a stupid lie about a video?
Well, I do. I care because it shows Hillary's hubris and supreme confidence in her ability to drive the conversation in the direction she wants.

She has been accused by one competent source (William Safire) of being a congenital liar. Years of practice of deception and manipulation have made her an expert, and in that regard she is dangerous. She is dangerous not only because she is a convincing liar but because she is personally ambitious. She wants power simply because of the allure of power. She was even willing to back Obama to achieve her goal of becoming POTUS.

The lie she told in public is far easier to prove that the gun running story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 07:58 AM

755 posts, read 534,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Lol, don't even honor such a ridiculous post with a response... When things go wrong it's Obama's fault, when things go right it's because of the policies Bush put into place during his presidency, ridiculous.

At the end of the day, the U.S. is better in some respects because of Obama, worse in others because of Obama.

See, I can agree with that. Obama has made mistakes, who doesn't? Although, he has done more good than bad.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
The ones who obsess about Benghazi are the ones with the Fox logo permanently burned into the corner of their TV screens.
True. But only because Benghazi has never been mentioned on the other channels.

Fox News provides a worthwhile service. FoxaPhobes pay their own price for their fear of the truth. It was the Foxaphobes that Jonathan Gruber was talking about when he referred to "stupid American voters"; the Obama administration counts on Foxaphobes to provide it with a constant 47% of people who will vote while remaining uninformed.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:06 AM

2,851 posts, read 916,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
the one word that will sink Hillary is....Benghazi

she will be done before she starts
Her list of things that will sink her is endless...
If she gets the nod, we're ALL doomed...

But, if she does win? We can get rid of AirForce One... she can take her broom to wherever she needs to go....

Old 07-27-2015, 08:10 AM

2,851 posts, read 916,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut2 View Post
Token POTUS nothing more nothing less. I will remember him as the Affirmative Action President who was elected because he was a mulatto and this was a feel good story. I mean how can a community organizer become POTUS?
Racism got him elected.
I'm white. In this example, let's say you're white.
If I vote for you SOLELY on the fact that I am white, and you are white, I'm a racist.
If I vote for the other guy based SOLEY on his/her skin color, I'm racist.

If a person of color voted for him SOLEY on the fact that they are a person of color, they are racist.
And don't even get me started with the 'I'm black and didn't vote for him because he is black' argument.
If race played any part of a vote for him, it was a racist vote... period.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:48 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,480,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Right, every single one of the (R's) are bad, totally devoid of any executive experience, having records of failure, and above all are untrustworthy.
This in stark comparison to the field of (D) candidates which are loaded with executive experience, have records of accomplishments, and most importantly are trustworthy.

If the (D) frontrunner is any indication, you live in a very deluded and/or partisan world to make such sweeping statements about all the (R's) considering the alternate.

`
Amazing how each one of those wonderful Republican candidates currently lose if the election was today to Hillary.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:07 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,036,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
In fairness, none. Bush did not run guns to jihadists.

And I actually hate Bush slightly more than I hate Obama, which is already a whole lot. But I have to be fair about what he did... which was destabilize one of the last secular dictatorships in the Middle East, fight a civil war for the Shiite militias and power-drill torturers, and then hand the country over to Iranian sock puppets. The Benghazi thing was qualitatively a different blunder. Not necessarily worse, but different. More traitorous, less murderous, I guess you could say.

The blood of all of Libya is on the hands of Hilary, Susan Rice, Samantha Power, and Barack Obama. And the rape gang b/s was all an enormous lie.
So how do you feel about Ronald Reagan and the Iran-Contra affair?
Seems like most Presidents going back 60 years has some type of blood on there Hands

Old 07-27-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Amazing how each one of those wonderful Republican candidates currently lose if the election was today to Hillary.
Indeed.

But Hill does not get to run against them all. She must run against one - the winner of the nomination.

And he will have all the votes.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM

610 posts, read 581,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
So how do you feel about Ronald Reagan and the Iran-Contra affair?
Seems like most Presidents going back 60 years has some type of blood on there Hands
I would say most presidents back to George Washington have blood on their hands.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:54 PM

35,489 posts, read 10,514,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Jan 2009 July 2015
The Dow 7,949 17,977
S&P 500 805 2,099
GDP Growth -8.9% 2.4%
Unemployment 7.8 5.5
Deficit % of GDP 9.8% 2.7%
Consumer Confidence 37.7 101.4

Stop right there with the DOW.

You CANNOT be serious. Artificially-low interest rates are pumping up the stock market. As long as TINA (there is no alternative) is in effect, the DOW will soar.

And it's this same QE, BTW, that has been responsible for the biggest transfer of wealth, in the form of near-zero interest, from the middle class to the rich in order to bail out the banks.

Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or