U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 03:58 PM

899 posts, read 936,010 times

Advertisements

the worst thing about this is that the model who was shooting gave this politically correct statement:

“As controversial as the problem of illegal immigration can be for many of us, it is important to remember that people come here in search of the better life and it comes at a very high price of great courage, hard work and loneliness"

hey, kiddies! if you don't get caught, welcome to america!

https://youtu.be/j8-bpGRo_II

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 04:02 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,049,668 times
that is 10 additional votes right there for the Democrats!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:18 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Where is the proof that these people are Mexicans????

Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 PM

35,599 posts, read 32,389,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Where is the proof that these people are Mexicans????
Or illegal Maybe it was a charter boat for deep sea fishing.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:28 PM

20,914 posts, read 16,807,149 times
I would assume Cubans in Miami, Mexico is a tad far, after all.... If I believed the story, period. It doesn't even look like a real fashion shoot.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 PM

13,173 posts, read 7,851,716 times
Yeah, right.

A bunch of Mexicans are going to travel the entire Gulf of Mexico, go around the Florida keys and halfway up the Atlantic side, to Miami, in an open boat, no less, just to enter illegally. Do you have any idea how many thousands of miles of open water that is?

Old 07-27-2015, 04:58 PM

25,250 posts, read 24,138,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or illegal Maybe it was a charter boat for deep sea fishing.
I wonder what they did with the fishing rods?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:18 PM

3,239 posts, read 4,230,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yeah, right.

A bunch of Mexicans are going to travel the entire Gulf of Mexico, go around the Florida keys and halfway up the Atlantic side, to Miami, in an open boat, no less, just to enter illegally. Do you have any idea how many thousands of miles of open water that is?
It's called the GULF of MEXICO, because much of the shoreline is formed by.... MEXICO!

When we lived in Mississippi, if there was heavy cloud cover spanning the Gulf, we could faintly pick up the radio stations in Merida (on the Yucatan Peninsula). It's not THAT far across those waters. And Cancun is not terribly far from South Florida: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gu...61678d86094852

And when there was heavy burning of the rainforests in Mexico/Central America, it affected our air quality, all the way in Jackson - far from the Gulf. We could (faintly) even smell the smoke, when the wind was blowing right.

I just looked it up, and the air distance from Cancun to Miami is about 535 miles - hardly "thousands".

I'm definitely not pro-immigration. But Mexicans from the Yucatan are not bad sorts (I'm assuming that's where they're from). Still, considering the extreme contempt that other Latinos have for Mexicans, I feel sorry for them, landing in South Florida.

And why would they have to go AROUND the Keys? You CAN go under those bridges linking the Keys, in a boat, ya know...

And who's to say they traveled the entire distance in that one boat?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:45 PM

21,195 posts, read 10,215,666 times
The model migrated here when she was 18, so her perspective isn't going to be the same as those of us who aren't in favor of illegal immigration.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:59 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,037,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's not THAT far across those waters. And Cancun is not terribly far from South Florida

I just looked it up, and the air distance from Cancun to Miami is about 535 miles - hardly "thousands".
That is one hell of a long ways in a open 26-28' center console fishing boat!

Quote:
I'm assuming that's where they're from.
That's a whole lot of assuming considering that of the usual suspects that come ashore in Miami are, Dominicans, Cubans, or Haitians. I think the case for Cubans is extremely strong since they are coming ashore at Miami beach in broad daylight. The immigration policy for Cubans is sort of like a kids game, as long as they touch foot on shore they are automatically given asylum.

Quote:
And who's to say they traveled the entire distance in that one boat?
You think there is some illegal alien mother ship laying off the coast? I think not.

I think that Occam's Razor should apply to this, the simplest explanation is the most probable. And why are you so defensive about a Youtube caption, did you write it? If not what difference does it make where they came from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or