Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:56 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That may be your opinion but it isn't mine. I know what Hollywood is about, these women were looking to curry favor and garner influence from one of the most powerful people in HOE-lee-wood.

Are there situations where women were taken advantage of with regard to this story? YES (he was drugging them for his sexual pleasure - disgusting).

Were the women wrong? YES (Bill Cosby is married, you don't go 1:1 to secluded private places with a married man).

Was Bill Cosby wrong? YES (Dirty sick filthy pervert).

Rape is rape.

You don't take what's not offered to you, and when you take it without permission it's rape.

I know this.

But none of this takes away from the simple fact that some women went back to him more than once, and you don't wait 5-30 years to make a rape claim.
You are discussing two issues that have absolutely nothing to do with each other as if they do. Even if all of these women WERE using Cosby, with bad intentions in mind (having sex with a married man), to help them in the business (because IMO there is nothing wrong with innocently using someone for their help they can offer - as in NOT trying to have sex with them if they're married), that doesn't mean he can rape them. I know you're saying the rape is of course also wrong and he's scummy, but the issues actually have nothing to do with the other. Even IF the women consented to sex at first and then changed their minds (which btw would make them less sh*tty, in your view), and he drugged them and did it anyway, that's still rape and it's still 100% not their fault. Bottom line - you are placing blame on the women when they don't deserve it. So what if you think they're intentions weren't pure? They were still raped. So what you think of their original intentions, and what anyone else thinks of it, is totally irrelevant. You also don't know that in all of these situations these women were intending to have sex with him in the first place, so you don't that they were "wrong," as you claim.

Here's a video to help anyone understand consent. This new 'sexual consent and tea' video from Thames Valley Police is brilliant | Metro News

Also, I agree that you shouldn't wait too long to report a rape. Anything longer than a year is IMO too long. But women do anyway, and they still should't be blamed for it. Going public with a rape is embarrassing, especially if the rapist is Bill Cosby. You have to share intimate and very personal details about what was done to you, and where, what the sick perv said to you, you have to let them photograph your naked body and examine you, and the whole court process is exhausting, not to mention sometimes humiliating and very difficult. So I understand why in some cases women don't come forward or wait a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
That dirty old man.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Why are these women just now making this public? Did the hush money run out?
They aren't. I saw some of them being interviewed. Not all tried to report him to the law but those who did were threatened by him. At least one woman was told her career would be over before it began because he would prevent her from ever working. Another said he made threats to her and her family.

The older the women the more their intimidation stories. Many decades ago, when he preyed upon very young women, the world was a different place. Girls of eighteen, nineteen or so didn't have a voice especially against one so powerful as Cosby.

Then there is the humiliation factor. Many of the women who where just young girls at the time felt shame, as if it were somehow their fault. Women who were victims of rape in those days were often made to feel that way too.

There was no hush money. There was no need for Cosby to pay anyone anything because there was no chance anyone would succeed in challenging him. It wasn't needed. In the year 2015 there is no excuse asking "Why are these women just now making this public?" That question shows a severe lack of knowledge about this type of situation.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:10 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Clinton didn't rape people, he had affairs.
Not what the women say. Oh he has had affairs but he also abused women and it was covered up by the Clinton machine.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM

195 posts, read 177,758 times
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...vowmiN6XahKBzA

Bill Cosby has allegedly…

in the rumor and sex-scandal-hungry Hollywood and TV world
as a black man
in 1965-onward America
over the course of 50 years

… and not a peep in the media for 35+ years.

He was somehow able to convince his alleged victims, including the white ones, that no police force would arrest a black man for rape in the 60s-70s.

If those accusations are true, then Bill Cosby has for a long time hidden an extraordinary mesmerizing talent that not even the charming former president Bill Clinton had, and Clinton’s impeachment sexual scandal case was over a consensual, legal act at that.

As a lone man in the spotlight for decades, Cosby’s feat of legerdemain goes far beyond any Illuminati story or Harry Potter-esque invisibility cloak.

You simply have to admire this level of evil, sociopathic genius.

How can a lone man, an African-American in the USA at that, so in the public eye, pull this off? It simply boggles my mind. I am in awe. This is way beyond James Bond villains or cloaked Romulan warbirds.

If all those allegations turn out to be true I will certainly vote for Cosby as president of the Patriarchy.

Or is it much more plausible that the vast majority, if not all, of those accusations are bull****? You think about it.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:42 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Or is it much more plausible that the vast majority, if not all, of those accusations are bull****? You think about it.
I have thought about it. It's not bull****. Rape is all about power and power comes in all colors.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:07 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Suffice it to say, if you ever claimed it was more likely that all of these women...

...were lying, than it was that this one single man was lying...

...then you are either exceptionally naive (that's the most polite way I can think to put it) or you were intentionally running interference for someone you knew full well was probably a rapist.

35 Stories About Being Assaulted by Bill Cosby, and the Culture That Wouldn’t Listen

So, what's your excuse for being a part of that culture that refused to listen?
I'm sorry but I haven't really paid attention to this point, has he been charged with any crime? Settled any lawsuits? Admitted guilt? I saw this on the news for a bit, and all these women were working the media circuits, but then it seemed to go away. What's been the outcome?

Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This is a thread looking for an issue to argue, I don't think you will find it...
Does anyone besides a few of his Hollywood buddies (Whoppi Goldberg) that still thinks he is innocent? Give Whoopi a call...
Plenty of men side with Cosby. Misogynist men.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:14 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Meh, I have not seen any evidence of guilt. On the contrary, the only woman who I heard actually filed a criminal case against him said she was raped on a specific day and then Cosby proved he was not at the mansion that day. So she then said she made a mistake and was actually raped by Cosby on a different date, but couldn't remember which day. The other woodwork women seem to be looking for money. From what I understand he settled with one woman who later violated their agreement and leaked the story. Then other women copied the script. As for his big admission. From what I understand he admitted to buying drugs to use with women because that drug was a popular party and sex drug at the time. They planned to use the drugs together and then have sex, which is a popular activity for that type of scene.

Probably because it happened 30 years ago when she was only 17, and she was drugged anyway, so couldn't remember the details.

Cosby was drugging and raping women for over 30 years. Some of the women he raped were as young as 14 when he drugged and raped them.

So much for them being attention whores.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That dirty old man.
That dirty, sick and diabolical man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events