Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 04:25 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times

Advertisements

Suffice it to say, if you ever claimed it was more likely that all of these women...

...were lying, than it was that this one single man was lying...

...then you are either exceptionally naive (that's the most polite way I can think to put it) or you were intentionally running interference for someone you knew full well was probably a rapist.

35 Stories About Being Assaulted by Bill Cosby, and the Culture That Wouldn’t Listen

So, what's your excuse for being a part of that culture that refused to listen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 04:34 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
This is a thread looking for an issue to argue, I don't think you will find it...
Does anyone besides a few of his Hollywood buddies (Whoppi Goldberg) that still thinks he is innocent? Give Whoopi a call...

Old 07-27-2015, 04:52 PM

613 posts, read 462,993 times
Didn't he confess?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:15 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I think a lot of us gave him the benefit of the doubt at first rather than trial by press. Then a judge allowed some previous testimony/evidence to come out. I haven't seen anyone defending him lately.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:29 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
While he hasn't been tried and found guilty in a court of law, that he did what is alleged isn't really much of a question.

Another question might be, what would the current state of the affair be were he someone else?

Another question might be the elephant in the room that so far no one wants to talk about (by why not?). That is that almost all the women are White or race other than Black. If someone did what Crosby did but nearly all of the women were Black, what are the chances that this wouldn't have exploded into a race based issue and calls for justice sounding in the loud-speakers of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Where are all the demands for Justice and no justice no peace? Out of 32 women depicted, perhaps 28 or more are not Black? There had to be more work here than just a sexual thing. This was rape?

He obviously singled out most of the women for some other reason that their looks because otherwise you'd have to agree that the non-Black women looked better than the Black women right? So if those things are equal then some other factor had to be at work and in this day and age there would be screams about Crosby being a serial rapist engaged in hate crimes. Surely he didn't "love" these women, did he? No, he abused them in one of the most heinous and disrespectful ways a man can commit a crime against a woman.

They were crimes and he targeted mostly white women. If he preferred white women sexually but then chose them to rape most often, that isn't hate?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I don't know where all those defenders who were here previously went, but hopefully they'll weigh in.

But the denial isn't completely over. I read something this morning about the cover being posted on Twitter with a lot of people responding, "Liars."

I think if he admitted it himself they would come up with some lame excuse saying he was pressured to lie about doing something he never did.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
The culture who won't listen? WE listen now what do you want us to do? Clearly, he was not brought to justice, but he will die a person who has lost all his credibility. He got what he deserved in the end.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
I really hope Cosby gets what he deserves.

In other news, the word 'culture' is becoming increasingly meaningless through its misuse. Such as, I am getting fat due to a culture of bags of cheeseburgers.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:14 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This is a thread looking for an issue to argue, I don't think you will find it...
Does anyone besides a few of his Hollywood buddies (Whoppi Goldberg) that still thinks he is innocent? Give Whoopi a call...
I recall a thread here recently saying that Whoppi had turned on him, too.
The evidence is a bit hard to ignore.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:30 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Default Someone with a lot of power...

doesn't want you to read New York Magazine's Bill Cosby cover story.

New York Magazine's Bill Cosby cover story is required reading - Chicago Tribune

Personally I never said Bill was guilty, however, in all fairness I did say, where there's smoke there's fire. Apparently, it is so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events