Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times

Advertisements

Huckabee Trounces Trump in the Shameless Shock Game

Huckabee Trounces Trump in the Shameless Shock Game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Hucklberry's "campaign" is about to end. He probably won't make the cut to appear in next week's debate, so he's desperately thrashing around saying psychotic, idiotic things in a foolhardy attempt to raise his poll numbers.

This statement alone disqualifies him from any serious consideration for the White House. It's all over now.

Go back to Fox, Huck. And chill. That forehead vein is about to burst.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:46 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Go back to Fox, Huck. And chill. That forehead vein is about to burst.
..or he can go back to marketing extremely questionable diabetes "cures".
It isn't really much of a stretch to characterize him as a snake oil salesman.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:50 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
While I do not like Huckabee at all your title is pure vitriol. Comparing a domestic politician to the taliban is not ok.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:54 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
While I do not like Huckabee at all your title is pure vitriol. Comparing a domestic politician to the taliban is not ok.
I am an immigrant to US from the land of the Taliban, and I second your message.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:29 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
The similarity is strong. Religious fundamentalist based politics. Militantly so.

It's a legit comparison.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
The similarity is strong. Religious fundamentalist based politics. Militantly so.

It's a legit comparison.
Both Ping Pong and Rugby are sports but....

Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:

It's a legit comparison.
Official: 11 soldiers killed in Taliban attack on army convoy in western Afghanistan | Fox News

Taliban attack Afghan checkpoint in east, wound 3 policemen - StarTribune.com

Two Taliban Attacks in Afghan Capital Kill 1, Wound 3

Suuure it is.

I know it is fun to hate you political opponents so aggressively. Unfortunately it also severely diminishes your point.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:15 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant to US from the land of the Taliban, and I second your message.

Quote:
It's a legit comparison.
Not so: Ol' Hucky-Bee and his clone Santorum are clearly out of touch and trying to manipulate other dinosaurs who just don't get it, but it is the so-called "progressives" who are trying to force their particular absolutes on all of us via the thinly-veiled Fascism called Political Correctness, and using a near-monopoly on what passes for "education" via their allies in the public-school unions.

The "progressives" haven't made any attempt to ground their "philosophy" in any underpinning principle, save that the end justifies the means. They will undercut the U S Constitution via any method that suits their purposes, and unfortunately, they are not alone with regard to this practice. George H. W. Bush and Clarence Thomas set the stage for Barack Obama and Sonia Sotomayor, and unfortunately, the abuses will grow unless a greater understanding of the American Constitution is fostered.

Which is not likely given the peddling of partisan snake-oil common to contemporary American politics; we are in danger of degenerating into a collection of special interests with no goal other than the pursuit of power -- disturbingly similar to what has gone on in places like Chicago for a century or more.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-28-2015 at 08:49 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Not so: Ol' Hucky-Bee and his clone Santorum are clearly out of touch and trying to manipulate other dinosaurs who just don't get it, but it is the so-called "progressives" who are trying to force their particular absolutes on all of us via the thinly-veiled Fascism called Political Correctness, and using a near-monopoly on what passes for "education" via their allies in the public-school unions.
Maybe I was misunderstood. I said I don't agree with the comparison between Huckabee and the Taliban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events