Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 AM

32 posts, read 25,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Boy Scouts of America, facing litigation, shrinking membership and sweeping acceptance of gay rights, voted Monday to lift its ban on openly gay troop leaders and employees.
The national organization will no longer allow discrimination against its paid workers or at BSA-owned facilities. But local troops and councils will be permitted to decide for themselves whether they will allow openly gay volunteer leaders.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/a...adult-leaders/

Since the news that the Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay and lesbian troop leaders appeared in the media, views of reading audience were divided. One half of Americans are quietly agreed to such changes, the other, on the contrary, expressed indignation at the attitude of innovation. People say that they would not send their child to a camp, knowing that their leader is homosexual.

Let's try to consider this position. There is a huge difference between gay and pedophile. Why all at once decided that their child will immediately be sexually influenced by a gay leader. All candidates for this position are carefully selected, including psychological testing that detects deviation. Homosexuality is not an aberration - it is a choice. The biggest "harm" that could cause such leaders to the children - it is their example to show that being a gay is not an mental illness.
Consider it as propaganda or not, you have to decide.

But do not forget, we live in America, the land of freedom. A month ago, our government recognized gay marriages as constitutional. You can not put your children to informational vacuum for that they do not see "unusual lovers” or any of LGBT symbols.
In addition, troops that funded by the church, can still adjust the issue on their own.
And in 2013 it was officially allowed gay boys to join the Boy Scouts.

So what is the problem?
The number of homosexuals in America is growing steadily.
All that worries me is that the LGBT community too aggressively fighting for their rights in an attempt to infringe upon the rights of others, mostly Christians.
And the reaction that came from organizations (in this case the BCA) looks like more as a fear of appearing intolerant than the truly recognition of fundamental changes in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 06:45 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
This is great news! That was a ridiculous ban and I don't see how anybody could stand behind a ban on gay people!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:58 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
As it should be!

Old 07-28-2015, 07:17 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Thread already started

Boy Scouts Executive Committee OKs Ending Ban on Gay Leaders

Old 07-28-2015, 07:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
As it should be!
Maybe you can answer this for me............ Some will say the Rainbow was God's sign to His people, why do a certain group feel it is theirs? Seems gays would have taken something not from the Bible to claim. I find it interesting for those who hate or barely tolerate Christian anything, the first thing they choose to represent them is what the Bible said belonged to God and His people!

Hint: this rainbow thing is getting too me!

As for the Boy Scouts too much has been put on gay leaders and not the Scouts themselves. Wonder how many are joining in the first place.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe you can answer this for me............ Some will say the Rainbow was God's sign to His people, why do a certain group feel it is theirs? Seems gays would have taken something not from the Bible to claim. I find it interesting for those who hate or barely tolerate Christian anything, the first thing they choose to represent them is what the Bible said belonged to God and His people!

As for the Boy Scouts too much has been put on gay leaders and not the Scouts themselves. Wonder how many are joining in the first place.

Settle down bible man.....and have a rainbow lollipop the bible doesn't have a patent on rainbows.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
As a long-time Scouter, I'd love to know what you mean to imply with this statement. The boys are doing just fine in our troop. We have a great program, conscientious leaders, involved parents, and terrific boys.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:

Can you please show me where Christians have a trademark on the rainbow?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:40 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Settle down bible man.....and have a rainbow lollipop the bible doesn't have a patent on rainbows.
Stormynh, you don't understand. It's only in Christian neighborhoods that rainbows exist. They don't exist in all of Asia or the Middle East. In Africa they only appear in those nations that are predominantly Christian. Rainbows only exist in the Bible and nowhere else. Christians own rainbows. Didn't you notice that in nature, rainbows have a little copyright symbol on them indicating they are owned by Christians?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I was hoping for a serious answer.......seems one can claim something, with no explanation. If you were secure with the color of your flag, you would have given me an intelligent answer. Gays have no patent either, yet out of all colors they chose God's colors.......interesting.....what was wrong with Pink & Blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
As a long-time Scouter, I'd love to know what you mean to imply with this statement. The boys are doing just fine in our troop. We have a great program, conscientious leaders, involved parents, and terrific boys.
Nice to know boys are still involved.......my statement was just that a statement. I have boys, I had my share as a scout parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Can you please show me where Christians have a trademark on the rainbow?
Where do gays get the idea it is theirs?

Why not a Pink & Blue Flag? I am not against them having their own flag, just find it strange they picked rainbow color.

The Rainbow is a Covenant between God and Man it tells you that in the Bible....... Are the gays really wanting to be taken serious or just bashing anything God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Stormynh, you don't understand. It's only in Christian neighborhoods that rainbows exist. They don't exist in all of Asia or the Middle East. In Africa they only appear in those nations that are predominantly Christian. Rainbows only exist in the Bible and nowhere else. Christians own rainbows. Didn't you notice that in nature, rainbows have a little copyright symbol on them indicating they are owned by Christians?
Is this like only Christian Bakeries? If you were as smart as you seem to be posting, you would figure out, some things are certainly being used by people who want respect, but are choosing to disrespect others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events