Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's almost as if trying to kill lions with bow and arrow is a bit of a d.ck move, eh?
Yes. Like he wanted it to suffer.

He really is a sick psychopath. Didn't read the entire thread, but he has had other hunting related brushes with the law and a charge of sexual abuse.

If he hasn't lost most of his patients yet, I'm not sure why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
What you should do it then go after every hunter in the USA because news flash, most of the animals hunted do not fall down and die where shot.
I eat hunted venison, but it happens to be from hunters who would rather break an arm than even think about doing anything that might increase the animals' suffering. A deer with a properly placed bullet dies in seconds. And when that goes wrong, I've seen their anguish as they get a schweisshund to track down the wounded animal. If you as much as suggested using anything but the very best tool to get a quick, clean kill, they'd be appalled.

Hunters.

Quote:
A lot of hunters chose not to use a firearm but that would not have mattered to you even though you imply it would have. You don't really care what he used or could have used, you have an agenda, that much is clear.
I sure do. I think hunting should be carried out in a way that minimizes the risk of the animal suffering. I never thought it would be much of a controversial agenda, but...

Quote:
And knock off with the cursing, it's childish. Maybe it fits.
An animal suffered for 40 hours so this dentist got his chance of saying he killed it with an arrow. That's obscene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Please don't denigrate hunters.
Agreed.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I bet half the people fishing do so without a license. That is even a factor here? Visit any dock or pier on either the east or west coast. See how many people are fishing without a license.

Is this for real?
Yep, and Mr shouldastartedastampcollection once again manges to attract the attention of law enforcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5uPZzBr5c

But I shall use this current rationale if I am pulled over tomorrow for something like running a stop sign. "Officer, can't you see how many people are running stop signs all over town? Why should this even be a factor here?"

Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
I think paying thousands of dollars to hunt (well they usually aren't exactly hunts) an apex predator is ridiculous. Baited hunts (and canned hunts) are unethical. Letting an animal anguish for almost 2 days before you finally kill it and then beheading it, skinning it, and letting the corpse rot is very wrong. This guy comes across as an entitled jerk with too much money and confidence issues. I won't speculate beyond that.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Why can't you blame him? And no he did not have a permit to kill that particular animal. It was intentionally lured out of a protected game reserve. This guy has had problems with the law in the past due to this hobby of his.
The guy has a protected and rare white rhino.......trophy hunting is disgraceful. Not sure why people would want dead stuffed animals lying around...... Hunting game for food is completely different.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:25 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No idea what you were getting at. Try harder.
Not surprised - the concept is apparently above your pay grade. But have a nice day, and enjoy your steak.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Ahh. Karma, and the power of three. The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:44 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The guy has a protected and rare white rhino.......trophy hunting is disgraceful. Not sure why people would want dead stuffed animals lying around...... Hunting game for food is completely different.
He hunted a Southern White Rhino, I believe. It's the Northern White that is protected now. I had to check because articles were only saying white rhino and I was baffled. I agree with you about trophy hunting. Ugh. When I was looking up the status of the rhino the first pages that showed up on my google list were companies advertising this sort of hunting. Very depressing.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:49 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
I thought the government was claiming it was legal. I dont support poaching or illegal hunting. If that was the case it should be dealt with via the appropriate laws.

If this was legal I do not support haranguing a person who was legally hunting tho.
More is coming out. They lured the animal out of the protective park. They POSSIBLY tried to get rid of the collar the animal was wearing. They beheaded it, stripped him of his hide and left the remains to rot.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Here's what I fail to understand about these hunts/hunters; the "professional" guides locate and track an animal, lure it, take the professional pre-kill pictures, the "hunter" takes a pot-shot (in this case a miserably bad one). The guides then track the animal, inflict the kill-shot, skin and behead the animal. Then the hunter goes home and brags about killing a lion? What kind of pathetic, genitally-diminished nimrod would brag about being such a loser?

I am tired of wealthy sociopaths destroying Africa's majestic animals. It long overdue that trophy hunting is banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events