Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 11:38 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times

Advertisements

Hope he has a cruel ending, like te guy killed by the baby elephant some months back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:39 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Dont really see the cause for hyperventilation so many are having. It was a legal hunt. The country authorized the hunt. The people benefit from trophy hunting. The meat is almost certainly consumed (assumption).

Does deer hunting offend you all this much?

The lion was lured from a National Park which from the one article I read is illegal. There will be a net loss of income for the locals and many people came and paid to see this particalur lion the article in the UK says he was worth millions to the local economy alive. The body was left in place after the head and skin were removed. The five or six lion cubs will now be killed by which ever male lion takes over the pride. The lion suffered for 40 hours. The government there claims it was illegal. What is positive about this story?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The lion was lured from a National Park which from the one article I read is illegal. There will be a net loss of income for the locals and many people came and paid to see this particalur lion the article in the UK says he was worth millions to the local economy alive. The body was left in place after the head and skin were removed. The five or six lion cubs will now be killed by which ever male lion takes over the pride. The lion suffered for 40 hours. The government there claims it was illegal. What is positive about this story?
I agree 100%.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:05 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

I would see folks not be SL emotionally driven to despise hunters, as a whole, because of clowns like this. Stove up as I am, if anyone put me in the same class as this dentist, or especially as the guy I cited, they would find themselves layed out..cold.
I have nothing against hunters. I know a few personally. They are great people!

This dentist, however, is NOT a hunter, and I would never judge all hunters by this person's actions.

I don't believe in blanket judgements of any group of people. We are individuals.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Dont really see the cause for hyperventilation so many are having. It was a legal hunt. The country authorized the hunt. The people benefit from trophy hunting. The meat is almost certainly consumed (assumption).
It would help to read the article before commenting.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:07 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I thought the government was claiming it was legal. I dont support poaching or illegal hunting. If that was the case it should be dealt with via the appropriate laws.

If this was legal I do not support haranguing a person who was legally hunting tho.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:08 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It would help to read the article before commenting.
Based upon this quote " Two independent sources have confirmed the hunter's identity to the paper, which has also seen a copy of the relevant hunting permit."

I was under the impression he had the necessary permit to hunt the animal.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's one thing to hunt for food. We have to eat. But to kill something just for the sake of it, and for sport is plain wrong.
I agree, 100%.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:09 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
What's wrong with just taking photos of these rare creatures instead of killing them?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:11 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Based upon this quote " Two independent sources have confirmed the hunter's identity to the paper, which has also seen a copy of the relevant hunting permit."

I was under the impression he had the necessary permit to hunt the animal.

"Cecil was lured at night about half a mile out of the national park using bait, and then shot with a bow and arrow. The next day he was found wounded by the hunters and killed, before being beheaded and skinned. Animals cannot be killed within the confines of the park. The hunters then removed his collar – further contravening park rules."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events