Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2015, 08:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

[quote=notmeofficer;40669691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What a mature comeback! Further evidence that cops, real or pretend, aren't very bright.[...

You have anything to add to the discussion other than personal attacks ?
Feel better now?

I cannot prevent anyone from being ignorant... or being a punk.. a whimp.. scared .. emotionally damaged ..sick.. perverted...childish.. or the thousands of other mental conditions police get to deal with everyday

The internet only allows them to hide behind computer screens... one day cameras will be a part of everything and hiding in anonimity will no longer be possible for any activity. I believe I'll be long gone by then but technology is moving rapidly..who knows. The ex officer sitting in a cell certainly experiencedthis... but he's still entitled to a fair trial

I believe the ex officer in this case will be convicted of manslaughter

You're not doing your profession any favors here. In fact, you're causing more people to believe all the negatives about cops.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No they are not. They are just security guards who where police uniforms.
It depends, some Colleges hire non-police security personnel, but at least in California, University police are required to obtain the same certification as any other police officer. I think in the CSUS system, campus cops starting pay is about 20% lower than cities or county police agencies so they frequently attract 'second tier candidates'. But getting a job in California is very competitive so being a second tier candidate could mean nothing more than bi-lingual applicants, or applicants with prior law enforcement experience beat them out of the higher paying jobs.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:13 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That Dubose guy, he's something! He was able to drive off after he was shot in the head
Isn't it amazing? Able to start the car and put it in gear after being shot in the head, too! You will be amazed IF you're either too dense or too biased to see that he wasn't shot in the head until after the cop was on his back in the middle of the street for several seconds and the car was driving away, which it appears most people posting here are, having already made up their minds about this crucial point. I'll wait for the expert testimony, but looks to me like it was a "lucky" one-off shot at a fleeing and highly suspicious suspect, which turned out not to be "lucky" for anyone concerned...

A white officer was murdered point-blank (six shots; emptied his gun into him) by a black driver during a traffic stop in Tennessee over the weekend just for, you know, making a traffic stop... Anyone care?

Old 08-03-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
IF you're either too dense or too biased to see that he wasn't shot in the head until after the cop was on his back in the middle of the street for several seconds and the car was driving away, looks to me like it was a "lucky" one-off shot at a fleeing and highly suspicious suspect, which turned out not to be "lucky" for anyone concerned...
Ok, so what you are saying is that every single video of this is edited, and the sound that can be heard on the video when you see the Officer's weapon above Dubose's head is not a gunshot but what? a car backfiring? Do you have any idea whatsoever how stupid you are making yourself sound. I read your post twice to see if you were joking or being sarcastic but it appears that in spite of solid video evidence you continue to pursue some kind of fantasy that exists only in your head.

No put your money where your mouth is and show us the "real" video of Dubose being shot as he drives away

Old 08-03-2015, 10:24 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's not new. If you look at the records, young white males are now experiencing a 38 percent arrest rate. That's only half the rate of young black males, but 38 percent ought to be getting someone's attention.
It is a flawed idea that arrest rates should be reflective of the population mix.

If one city has more of one race in it but the criminal there cross the border into another city to perpetrate crimes and that city has a different racial makeup, how can you equate arrests to racial equality?

It is impossible.

Criminals most often perpetrate their crimes without regard to what city they are in.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:33 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
You need to consider recent cop murders like the one in Memphis and the war on cops supported by some members of the black community. This puts cops on edge, especially when it comes to black drivers with a long criminal history. The cops are going to be more instinctive, jumpy, and more proned to make decisions that, in hindsight, should not have been made. This would be true for the recent white biker threats as well.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:41 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
[quote=MPowering1;40673254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

You're not doing your profession any favors here. In fact, you're causing more people to believe all the negatives about cops.
And this goes along with a post I made eons ago. The more negative feelings the general public has for cops, the more the cops dig their heels in and continue to do what is creating the negativity to begin with.

It is time for them to seriously re-evaluate the way they do their jobs...that's if they really want perceptions of them to change.

Most Americans used to see cops as "the good guys", "the policeman is your friend", etc. Then police work seemed to go through its "Dirty Harry" phase, which may have made a good movie franchise, but did little to help the long-term perception of police.

We need the police. No question about that. But they need our support, as well. Some police officers think the badge magically gives them respect. They're the problem. Most police officers understand that it's what they do, day in and day out, that earns them respect.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:

... he wasn't shot in the head until after the cop was on his back in the middle of the street for several seconds and the car was driving away, which it appears most people posting here are, having already made up their minds about this crucial point.
There must be multiple videos of what happened because I haven't yet seen anything like you describe.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
There are a lot of sounds on that tape, esp. as they're struggling; the clearest gunshot-like sound is after the cop rights himself and aims his gun at the car, and the other cop-cam captures this moment. There are TWO sounds like sound like gunfire; if it's proven that only one round was discharged, my money is on the second sound. But experts will testify.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
There are a lot of sounds on that tape, esp. as they're struggling; the clearest gunshot-like sound is after the cop rights himself and aims his gun at the car, and the other cop-cam captures this moment. There are TWO sounds like sound like gunfire; if it's proven that only one round was discharged, my money is on the second sound. But experts will testify.
then please post a link to a video which has two separate gun shot sounds ....I'll be right here waiting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events