Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 02:32 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times

Advertisements

He should've sent a guy driving around with no license and a gin bottle merrily on his way? What if the car were stolen and the guy went on to kill someone (or just had)? Then, surprise, the cop would be in the wrong again! Talk about a thankless job. He may be guilty of manslaughter, but not "murder." I'd plead not guilty, too.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:33 PM

698 posts, read 587,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What ever happened to sending a ticket through the mail?

Assuming this 'cop' got the license plate number.

I can't believe he entered a not guilty plea.
The judge smacked him down pretty hard though. Bond was set at $1,000,000. Hopefully, this scumbag cop gets the prison sentence he deserves.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:36 PM

42,847 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"Murder" does, although I understand Ohio's rather quirky on this point.
Homicide simply means taking of a human life, it can be criminal or non-criminal, an example of non-criminal homicide would be a justifiable killing of a suspect by a peace officer. If it is criminal it is most often referred to as murder.

Ohio has two classifications of murder: murder and aggravated murder. Aggravated murder includes premeditated murder and murder during the commission of a felony.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
He should've sent a guy driving around with no license and a gin bottle merrily on his way? What if the car were stolen and the guy went on to kill someone (or just had)? Then, surprise, the cop would be in the wrong again! Talk about a thankless job. He may be guilty of manslaughter, but not "murder." I'd plead not guilty, too.
Life is full of "what if's" the law does not allow police officers to act on "what ifs". I'm not sure why you feel the need to continue to make excuses for this Officer, what he did is a blemish on every decent Police Officer in the United States. I doubt if there are very many cops making excuses for what he did, nor should you

Old 07-30-2015, 02:38 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
The judge smacked him down pretty hard though. Bond was set at $1,000,000. Hopefully, this scumbag cop gets the prison sentence he deserves.
And I hope he ends up in the general population so he can be rewarded for picking up the soap in the shower.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
And I hope he ends up in the general population so he can be rewarded for picking up the soap in the shower.
It will never happen...I'm not sure how prisons are run in Ohio, but in California Cops end up in what is called a "sensitive need yard"; that's where they put cops, child molesters, gang drop outs and just plain weirdos.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:44 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Life is full of "what if's" the law does not allow police officers to act on "what ifs". I'm not sure why you feel the need to continue to make excuses for this Officer, what he did is a blemish on every decent Police Officer in the United States. I doubt if there are very many cops making excuses for what he did, nor should you
Nor should anyone be making excuses for the outrageous behavior on the part of the driver that led to this whole scenario. And, in fact, people aren't making excuses; his behavior (past and present) is never even mentioned, nor will it be. Speak not ill of the dead, after all...

Old 07-30-2015, 02:45 PM

698 posts, read 587,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It will never happen...I'm not sure how prisons are run in Ohio, but in California Cops end up in what is called a "sensitive need yard"; that's where they put cops, child molesters, gang drop outs and just plain weirdos.
And as we all know, nothing ever happens in prison that isn't supposed to. Like the wrong person getting into the wrong area or a couple cell doors happen to pop open at just the right time. The criminals will hate his guts for being a cop and the guards will hate him for being a dirty cop. Dahmer wasn't supposed to be in danger either.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Cops run the plates before they even get out of their car. If the car was stolen, that would be known already.

As for the rest of your post; make-believe is for kids, remember that!

Fine, let him plead not guilty. He's going to get a much longer sentence.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:50 PM

[quote=otterhere;40629398]Nor should anyone be making excuses for the outrageous behavior on the part of the driver that led to this whole scenario. And, in fact, people aren't making excuses; his behavior (past and present) is never even mentioned, nor will it be. Speak not ill of the dead, after all...[/QUOTE

Quit blaming the victim. He did NOTHING that warranted being killed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events