Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't see any inconsistency:
Tensing's attorney told reporters that he believes the officer feared for his life. "The guy jams the keys in the ignition," Stew Mathews told CNN. "Turns the car on, jams it in the drive and mashes the accelerator. He wasn't slowly pulling away. (Tensing) feared for his life. He thought he was going to be sucked under the car that was pulling away from him. He thought he was going to get sucked under and killed."

The officer's account was contradicted by Deters, the prosecutor, who said that Tensing was not dragged.
This:

"That account was contradicted by Deters, the prosecutor, who said that Tensing was not dragged.
"This just does not happen in the United States. People don't get shot for a traffic stop unless they are violent towards the police officer, and he (DuBose) wasn't," Deters said. "He was simply slowly rolling away. That's all he did.""

People do get dragged and it has happened that police have been dragged. A strange statement to make.

This just does not happen in the USA. Everything happens in the USA. Again, strange to say something like that.

I am not questioning that it was said, I am curious if the source was jumbled up somehow, that is all.

You can bet that the defense will show many instances where police officers have been dragged. It negates that entire argument. Prosecutor would or should know better.

Maybe that makes the curiosity easier to see.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Does not look justified. The second cop may not have had a clear view and may not have been intentionally misleading.

Cop salaries around here (MA) are outrageously high. Thousands of people apply for a couple hundred jobs for a reason.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why do you say that, did you watch the video of the shooting?
Why do I say what? What does the video have to do with what I said?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why do I say what? What does the video have to do with what I said?
"thrown under the bus" means betrayed, callously disposed of, or passing blame for selfish reasons. So I'm asking you what evidence you are relying on to claim he was thrown under the bus?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:56 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Well, since our criminal justice system is so darned good, I think it would be great if the officer only used a public defender, rather than a high paid lawyer. You know...the same kind of defense poor people get.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, since our criminal justice system is so darned good, I think it would be great if the officer only used a public defender, rather than a high paid lawyer. You know...the same kind of defense poor people get.
Sounds fair to me.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:05 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
It appears to me this wasn't a good shooting. Lack of training perhaps? Sad situation.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:14 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It appears to me this wasn't a good shooting. Lack of training perhaps? Sad situation.
That's probably a good part of it. I would like to know why he was pulling people over a mile from the University, sounds like he was out there looking for trouble

Old 07-29-2015, 08:15 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Well from the Tape is looks Pretty Obvious what happened.

What i saw was...
  • Cop tries to force Driver out of car.
  • Driver gets nervous because the Cops getting agressive.
  • Cop Trys to force Driver out of Car
  • Driver puts his hands up...
  • Cop pulls his gun out and points it at the Driver
  • Gun goes off...Bullet inters the Brain of Driver
  • Cop Later Fabricates story about being "dragged?"
  • No Weapons or warrants outstanding on Driver
  • Driver is non-aggressive---telling officer the truth---NOT GOOD ENOUGH

ANOTHER "TOUGH COP----getting Tough on the Beat.
He'll end up in Jail...isolated...but then Murdered in Prison.

We know how the victim's family feels...

I wonder what the Cop's Family feels right now?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why? Plenty of people with highly paid lawyers end up in prison. What matters a lot of the prosecutor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events