Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 04:45 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,354,212 times

Advertisements

I had no idea of the racial thing with "uppity". I am white and actually, I have been referred to that more than once which could not have been further than the truth, because I am not a snob or arrogant. Any reference other than that, I was not aware of until I did a search. There are quite a few words which I found out were insulting to certain races which I have heard used for years with no implication/meaning intended toward the races. Look up "rule of thumb" and see what the origin of that is. So it is hard to tell how many people I have unintentionally offended. I guess I should look up every word/phrase I use from now on just to be on the safe side, which is impossible. The only thing I can do is try and educate myself better so I will be aware of the terms which are negative.

About the police video. I watch CNN so I am sure if this is a current event, they will show it. It is a shame that things have gotten so out of hand in our country. All I know to do about it is pray that more people are not hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:53 PM

50,098 posts, read 46,680,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
stupid cops once again over reacting and end up beating a man on video.

It is the American way, place cops on a pedestal and then blame the victims for exercising free speech .
hahahahaha....wait hahahahahaha

Old 07-30-2015, 06:34 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,512,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Well, at least no one can cry racism since the cop who pulled him out of the car was black.

"Get off of him! He can't breathe!" Ugh. Is this going to be a new thing now? Claiming every guy being restrained by cops can't breathe? I hate this new anti-cop movement we have in this country.

Well I hate this " kill a unarmed black man movement " sweeping across this country , well what about you????????????????

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM

1,069 posts, read 706,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Well I hate this " kill a unarmed black man movement " sweeping across this country , well what about you????????????????
u lumping Michael Brown into that group?

Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,512,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
u lumping Michael Brown into that group?

No micheal brown was a thug who committed a strong arm robbery and wouldn't obey a police officer that told him to get out of the street after walking down the street from said robbery......

Old 07-30-2015, 07:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,904,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
"Unarmed" means nothing. An unarmed person can be a threat and inflict damage on anybody. Don't fall for that "unarmed" crap. And no cop starts the work day wanting to kill anyone.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 PM

50,318 posts, read 23,909,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
"Unarmed" means nothing. An unarmed person can be a threat and inflict damage on anybody. Don't fall for that "unarmed" crap. And no cop starts the work day wanting to kill anyone.
It just sorta creeps up on them as the days wear on?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,904,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It just sorta creeps up on them as the days wear on?
You would think so.

I don't.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:40 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,561,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder why this video starts only after the guy is about to get pulled out . . . . You have to show the entire encounter for us to get the whole picture.

Also, I don't see any "beating", just restraining.

I think the cops used appropriate force in this case.

Mick
I was going to say the same thing. I seriously doubt these cops would rip someone out of a car like that for just double parking. The guy did something for sure before that video was started.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,988,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You do realize that the term "uppity" has, for generations, been a highly charged racial term?
No kidding.

I'm tired of whites trying to appease blacks. Everything is offensive. May as well just simply go back to the truly offensive terms.

When they act uppity, they need to be beat down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events